My Compaq MX-11800 is now ruined with a USB conexion and runing QMK.

jkutianski

01 Jun 2020, 17:37

I had a very bad shape Compaq MX-11800. As Covid project, and not much in hand, I bring a new brain to this puppy. Had some bad work as all the Frankenstein family had. Now the A.B.Normal MX-11800 it's alive.

This keyboard has a brainfuck wiring (Don't expect NKRO here)

Some happy friends comes to the born party

IT'S ALIVE!

And the trackball too!

And runs VIA with 12 layers (user customizable)

andresteare

11 Feb 2021, 22:23

Nice! Just got the same board,just a question after taking a look at your GitHub, do you have a pinout picture like of the MCU, or which orientation did you use for determine those coordinates on KLE?

Or at least just a picture of the Teensy mounted in the motherboard

Rayndalf

13 Feb 2021, 02:03

Just noticed the front printed numpad legends, are those stickers or factory front printing? Either way they look really clean.

raoulduke-esq

15 May 2021, 23:02

Any leads on how to do this and how to connect the trackball?

Rayndalf

16 May 2021, 01:20

raoulduke-esq wrote:
15 May 2021, 23:02
Any leads on how to do this and how to connect the trackball?
From what I understand the trackball is a standalone PS/2 device, so you can wire it seperately to a convertor, I think.

I have a replacement 11800/11900 PCB from Taobao and it has a connector to convert the trackpad of the 11900. A 11800 trackball can also be attached and converted from what I understand (has to be hardwired though, I haven't tried it)

Obin

16 May 2021, 09:08

If it's PS/2 it can be supported via QMK, they have options for attaching and passing through a PS/2 device. You define the ports where you wire it up to and a method of conversion and it more or less just works.

Return to “Keyboards”