Need help with converting Philips P2812

blona

02 Jun 2020, 22:44

Hi! I have recently bought Philips P2812 keyboard. I tried to convert it by both Soarer's and TMK XT converters but without any success. Only LED blinks for a second, no response from keyboard.

I think protocole should be XT because NMB first and second generation XT boards used very similar PCB and controllers.

Has anyone tried to convert this board? Maybe I got wirings wrong or simply this board doesn't use XT protocol.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

AJM

03 Jun 2020, 20:51

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I'm interested in the outcome and hope you will succeed.
I love those old XT keyboards with their stepped keyscaps and this Philips version seems to have the prettiest XT caps, I've seen so far.

blona

04 Jun 2020, 19:30

AJM wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 20:51
Unfortunately I can't help you, but I'm interested in the outcome and hope you will succeed.
I love those old XT keyboards with their stepped keyscaps and this Philips version seems to have the prettiest XT caps, I've seen so far.
Thanks! I have never seen dyesubs this sharp, NMB keycaps are simply amazing

TheInverseKey

04 Jun 2020, 19:41

I have the Corona version of this board and this should help you. wiki/Corona_PPC-400

Also you can attach a pinout to the p2 spot on the board and use an internal converter if you don't have the original cable.

blona

05 Jun 2020, 20:13

TheInverseKey wrote:
I have the Corona version of this board and this should help you. wiki/Corona_PPC-400

Also you can attach a pinout to the p2 spot on the board and use an internal converter if you don't have the original cable.
What converter did you flashed on arduino? It works with TMK XT converter but while typing some random keys hangs
Video

PlacaFromHell

05 Jun 2020, 23:40

I have the exact same keyboard except is rebranded by an unknown company. It worked well with a Soarer for almost a year and then died. Quite sad, the switches are great but the quality of the case is awful.

TheInverseKey

06 Jun 2020, 01:22

blona wrote:
TheInverseKey wrote:

What converter did you flashed on arduino? It works with TMK XT converter but while typing some random keys hangs
Video
I used Soarers converter on mine and it works fine.

blona

07 Jun 2020, 22:03

PlacaFromHell wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 23:40
I have the exact same keyboard except is rebranded by an unknown company. It worked well with a Soarer for almost a year and then died. Quite sad, the switches are great but the quality of the case is awful.
Yeah, quality of the case is comparable to Cherry boards. Fortunately keycaps and switches are great
TheInverseKey wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 01:22
blona wrote:
TheInverseKey wrote:

Video
I used Soarers converter on mine and it works fine.
Turns out that I had connected reset line this whole time, with TMK converter you can do that on micro pro. I disconnected it and now it works perfectly with Soarers. Thanks for help!

TheInverseKey

08 Jun 2020, 00:44

Turns out that I had connected reset line this whole time, with TMK converter you can do that on micro pro. I disconnected it and now it works perfectly with Soarers. Thanks for help!
Glad that you got it working!

BTW which switches did yours come with?

blona

09 Jun 2020, 00:25

TheInverseKey wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 00:44
Glad that you got it working!

BTW which switches did yours come with?
It came with white linear, one eyed

Return to “Keyboards”