Page 1 of 1

Where can I buy these stabilisers (from Hcman keyboard)?

Posted: 02 Jul 2020, 13:18
by grasshopper
A couple of years ago, I bought a dirt cheap (but surprisingly decent) RGB gaming keyboard from a company called Hcman. There are dozens of similar no-name brand Chinese gaming keyboards available on the market. But what makes this keyboard stand out is that it has excellent stabilisers. I've attached a picture I found on the internet of a "Team Wolf Zhuque" keyboard that appears to use the same stabilisers.

I also own a Steelseries M500 keyboard that is fitted with standard Cherry plate mounted stabilisers. In most respects, the M500 is a superior keyboard. However, I much prefer the feel of the cheap Hcman stabilisers. So, I'd like to replace the stabilisers on my Steelseries keyboard with Hcman stabilisers. Unfortunately, I can't find them being sold anywhere.

I've checked all the usual places like Ebay, Aliexpress, etc.

Does anyone here know who manufactures these stabilisers, and whether they can be purchased separately to a keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where can I buy these stabilisers (from Hcman keyboard)?

Posted: 11 Jul 2020, 20:10
by grasshopper
Unfortunately, I've had no luck tracking down these stabilisers. The closest I've found is the stabilizers fitted to some Razer keyboards. They're a similar design. However, they sit below the plate.

The nice thing about the Hcman stabilisers is that they appear to be drop-in replacements for standard Cherry plate-mounted stabilisers. But they feel a lot nicer IMHO.

I tried emailing Hcman but my email bounced back. I wonder whether they're still in business.

My plan B is to try and replace my Cherry stabilisers with Costar ones. Unfortunately, the cutouts in the plate appear to be slightly different for the two stabiliser types. So some hacking might be required.

Re: Where can I buy these stabilisers (from Hcman keyboard)?

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 00:28
by gipetto
They look like the stabs used in my motospeed ck104 except mine are black plastic. they click in from the top just the same.