Searching for that elusive special keyboard!

lieiti

12 Apr 2012, 03:40

Hey everyone, new here and wondering if you know of any existing options in the marketplace that match:

1. MX Brown switches
2. Illuminated backlit keys (blue preferably)
3. USB connectivity
4. Mac compatible

My exhaustive search has come up empty, so I am turning to the experts for help! My primary use will be for long hours of consecutive typing (writing novels), that is, when I am not procrastinating. So comfort, response, and durability are very important.

Here is what I've found thus far, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Deck was close, but they use only MX Clear and Black switches. Ducky Shine was close, but is only for PC supposedly and no info on tiger imports.com about usb or ps/2. TG3 bl82 was close but is only ps/2.

Now if this keyboard doesn't exist, please recommend the closest alternative in your opinion, if you would be so kind.

Much thanks.

bhtooefr

12 Apr 2012, 03:46

I wonder if the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth would work on a Mac. It claims to only work on Windows, but that may be just for the macro keys.

Durability may be a question there, though.

lieiti

12 Apr 2012, 04:16

Yeah, I've read that the Razer durability is suspect and am shying away from them. Thanks for the response!

Maarten

12 Apr 2012, 08:38

KBT(Vortex) Race?

Icarium

12 Apr 2012, 10:28

Ask the oracle? I always thought the point of having the oracle was avoiding a ton of threads like this. ;)

lieiti

12 Apr 2012, 17:51

Maarten, where can I buy the KBT? Can't find it online.

You guys have an oracle? Nice! Will post there instead.

hoggy

12 Apr 2012, 20:58

Whoever thought to hire an oracle for the forum is a genius!

ripster

12 Apr 2012, 23:39

Yeah but we have to keep sacrificing virgins for the DT Oracle. You know hard they are to find now?

JBert

13 Apr 2012, 10:42

That's where our contact at OCN comes in...

Return to “Keyboards”