Terrible Hysteresis with Vintage MX Blues....

GivenZane

06 Sep 2020, 06:39

Hi everyone,

I have a Dah Yang with vintage MX Blues and it seems to have absolutely terrible hysteresis to the point where I was miss typing
a lot were I needed to double type vowels... Is this a feature of vintage blues? I haven't used modern blues in a couple years, but I do have a board with Kailh blues that I have used extensively in the past and I don't have trouble typing on those... It doesn't seem to be chattering (but i could be wrong) because there are no double types and it seems to be happening on every key when i type quickly and if I type slowly it doesn't happen. For example trying to type triple periods like I have done several times in this post would fail quit miserably... This is my first experience with Vintage blues and I'm quite puzzled. It's bad enough I switched to my Chicony with SMK Monterey's in less then 10 minutes...
Did Cherry change the design of blues somewhere along the way?

Thanks and Cheers,
--Given

GivenZane

06 Sep 2020, 09:17

I honestly believe that there is something wrong with the board it's self at this point. The longer it stays plugged in the more it acts up. If you unplug it an let it sit a while it goes back to normal, so maybe one of the capacitors is acting up? That's just a random guess. After its been plugged in a while it quits with the not registering the double taps and quits reading key presses for about 5% of the presses as well as giving entirely different characters to what is being pressed.

Hello 4everyone, my n4ame i4s Given4 and this4 is an example sentence.

^This is what happens when I use the left nav button to go back through the sentence. It just randomly inserts 4's LOL If you go left with it it will start selecting text at random. So yep, broken board. Guess I'll try and repair it, and failing that I'll harvest the switches.

Cheers and Thanks,
--Given

Edit:
It's an AT/XT board with a switch, What do you think of the likelihood of it being related to that?

Return to “Keyboards”