Cherry Keycaps Fraud

LuckyBill

22 Dec 2020, 20:00

I just want to alert the members that I recently sold an NCR keyboard with Cherry MY keyswitches on Ebay. The buyer found a problem (real or imagined) and wanted a refund. I said OK, just send me back the keyboard and I'll refund your money. The buyer sent me back the keyboard alright, except he did Not include the case, the cable, nor the keycaps. And now he has the gall to ask for the refund because "he sent the keyboard back to me". I understand that the keycaps for the MY keyswitches will also fit the MX keyswitches, so I feel that he may be trying to sell just the keycaps. PayPal and Ebay have both rejected his claim based on the information I have sent them, but the jerk is still trying to claim that he should get the refund because he "Returned" the keyboard to me. His first name is Jason and he lives somewhere in MA. So be careful in your dealings with him. Any recent offers or sales of Cherry MX keycaps?

ntv242ver2

22 Dec 2020, 22:19

Ok so if this can be confirmed (your claim), i wonder if it is ok to doxx this dude completely? I am sure he harvested the caps (dyesub maybe?) and the case to flip on reddit and still has the audacity to try to milk more money from you.

Rayndalf

22 Dec 2020, 22:55

Yeah, I'd be careful doxxing the guy.

If he didn't send back the case, cable, or keycaps then he didn't return the keyboard, he sent you back one part. Which is completely useless in it's current state (no way to type on it or connect it to a computer).

I'm fairly sure he won't be over here trying to flip parts, but you never know. Mechmarket is more likely. Consider yourself lucky he blatently sent back an incomplete item. It'd be easy for him to send you a different G80/81-3000 and just claim that's what you sent him, or claim it never arrived (or the box was empty).

Saw a (NIB) NCR going for $1500+, what did this one sell for?

LuckyBill

23 Dec 2020, 01:05

HI, thanks for your response.... I sold it to him for $300, plus shipping. He seemed real eager to buy it, perhaps that should have alerted me. Plus he had just become active on Ebay 4 weeks prior to him bidding on my keyboard. I've been selling on Ebay for about 20 years now and have never had anything like this happen. I sent before and after pictures of the keyboard to PayPal so they could see why I was rejecting his claim for a refund. I guess this will make me a little more cautious on my transactions.

Rayndalf

23 Dec 2020, 02:43

I'd be eager too, assuming the board was clean, I was in the market for one and $300 was a fair price. Some stuff comes up rarely so anything priced close to "market value" can sell very quickly (but could very well not sell for even $25 more... everyone fancies themselves a bargain hunter).

Ebay has a broad audience, but the high fees and lack of general decency (no sense of community, communication is limited) have kept me from selling there myself.

cheater

24 Dec 2020, 05:21

new accounts are an instant no from me. live and learn i guess

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Jun 2021, 12:06

New info, including about the keyboard being sold on reddit:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=25974

Return to “Keyboards”