Model F "Bigfoot" typing demo + starting YouTube

sharktastica

25 Dec 2020, 02:27

My first of hopefully many videos!
TLDR, I needed to make some typing demos for my website and I've decided to put them on YouTube in support of my website. I also wanted to play around with this YouTube thing as something else to do in my spare time. I hope to expand beyond typing videos eventually, including exploring history, nunances, and technicalities of IBM/Lexmark/Unicomp keyboards. I'm still playing around with those ideas though.

Anyway, if that interests you, please stay tuned as I'll be posting more in the coming weeks! I may need to get a proper camera at some point though (this S9 is valiant . For the moment, I'll be scheduling around two typing demos a week to start (every Monday and Thursday). So, wish me luck and feel free to let me know what you think or share any suggestions you may have!

Also, no apologies for my index-finger spacebar-ing! ;)

cheater

25 Dec 2020, 03:04

more wow.png
more wow.png (2.87 MiB) Viewed 1804 times

sharktastica

25 Dec 2020, 03:43

cheater wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 03:04
more wow.png
Yep, a Logitech G600! Unfortunately, not my preferred choice these days though. It fits my hand very well, overall solid build quality, and has a good sensor, but I can't write profiles to it properly, the scroll wheel's buttons are temperamental, and the side buttons are quite mush. The first two issues happened conveniently not long after warranty expired, but it is five years old now and keeps going, so I can't go so hard on it. :D My favourite mouse, my decade-old Logitech MX Revolution, has a dead battery hence I have to use this now.

cheater

25 Dec 2020, 09:39

I use the G600 now and I just can't imagine using anything else. The moba cluster is so, sooo useful for desktop productivity. I have so much stuff going on there. I agree that they're mushy, they're made out of the same stuff that was used for number buttons on the very cheapest mobile phones back in the 90s and i hated it back then. I absolutely love the third button (like wow, a mouse with three buttons... prob first one I used like that since 1994). There are many ways I would improve it: I wish it had two scroll wheels (unlockable - freewheeling or not), more side buttons, a better sensor, and was wireless using the logitech receiver. that would probably be my ultimate mouse. Oh ambidexterous would be great too. But even without any of those features it's still the best mouse out there for me.

Rayndalf

26 Dec 2020, 00:35

A G600 with more side buttons?
I guess if it was ambidextrous it'd have a bank of side buttons on both sides. That'd be pretty funny, but my pinky isn't that flexible.

With that many side buttons a layer system of sorts might be the next step. I'm assuming the side buttons are primarily used for macros / productivity, so it could work.

cheater

26 Dec 2020, 16:42

oh no the g600 already has a layer system haha

cheater

26 Dec 2020, 16:45

tbh all the cluster buttons i have are in pairs, like back/forward, next/prev tab, next/prev window, next/prev desktop, left/right arrow. so i think it might be space saving to have small levers you can push back and forth instead of pairs of buttons for me. so like if i had 12 such small levers then i'd be set. i think it might be a bit more ergonomic too, but who knows really

Return to “Keyboards”