QMK on Magicforce 68?

delingren

12 Jan 2021, 19:41

Hi all, does anyone have any information on running QMK on Magicforce 68? I can't seem to find anything anywhere.

I like that it's compact but still has accessible arrow keys, PgUp, PgDn, and a full sized right shift. However, the tilde (~) is on the Fn layer and it does not work with OS modifier. That makes it very inconvenient for macOS. I also would like to be able to swap OS and ALT keys permanently.

I am willing to replace the microcontroller if necessary. I'm aware of a replacement PCB, but replacing the PCB seems a bit too much work. At that point, I might as well build a hot-swappable from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Rayndalf

13 Jan 2021, 02:16

Tragicforce 68 might be your only option.

If the PCB has diodes then you can wire the rows and columns to a teensy or promicro, but that's probably harder than the Tragicforce (which regrettably it uses through hole diodes).

delingren

18 Jan 2021, 06:09

Thanks! Looks like it's out of stock everywhere :(.

Rayndalf

18 Jan 2021, 09:28

A while ago I bought the PCB kit and a case from someone who lost interest in it.
I also lost interest in it before I finished it :lol:, but I could probably finish it up (everything except switches unless I happen to have any you'd like) if you want to buy it.

delingren

24 Jan 2021, 09:54

Haha, that actually sounds pretty good. I hate soldering diodes, and soldering in general.

I couldn't care less about backlights so if you haven't done that part don't bother. If you have brown switches (or any sort of tactile switches) I'd love to have them. I also don't need keycaps unless you have the original ones and can't use them on anything else. How much do you ask for including shipping to the west coast? Thanks.

Rayndalf

26 Apr 2021, 02:25

Sorry I've been MIA for so long (I swear this was only a month ago... where is the time going :? )

I found the PCB, but I'm still looking for the daughter board and a couple of the necessary resistors. Sorry this is taking so long. I really need to get my junk more organized!

Return to “Keyboards”