How many keyboards?

Go-Kart

17 Mar 2021, 22:40

ddrfraser1 wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 16:14
I was board (lol) during covid lockdown so I had my own keyboard meetup. Here is some footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyi2VNt ... DrewFraser
A broad appreciation. Bravo!

Chyros

19 Mar 2021, 11:15

Muirium wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 16:12
Takes a special kind of reviewer to hold on to everything he tries… mind, he's come to the right place!

We're all waiting for the great Chyros Keyboard Sale ahead of you. That's the best kind of help there is.

Maybe then you can reward yourself (and us) with that Libertouch. One out: one in!
I all fairness I'm starting to amass an alarmingly large airsoft arsenal since I started getting into that mere months ago too xD . Guess I'm a pretty hardcore hoarder :p .

Never covered a Libertouch though. I think someone offered me one at one point but I can't remember what became of it (never got it, at least). I don't know, it's so hard to keep track of everything now xD .

Muirium
µ

19 Mar 2021, 12:49

Discharge those munitions, rookie!

Go-Kart

19 Mar 2021, 14:38

Chyros wrote:
I all fairness I'm starting to amass an alarmingly large airsoft arsenal since I started getting into that mere months ago too xD . Guess I'm a pretty hardcore hoarder :p .
This has me wondering if you're a GBB, electric or springer kind of guy.
Chyros wrote:
Never covered a Libertouch though. I think someone offered me one at one point but I can't remember what became of it (never got it, at least). I don't know, it's so hard to keep track of everything now xD .
My Libertouch is due to arrive tomorrow. If the pain from the whole in your otherwise robust video catalogue grows too great, message me. I'm in the U.K. but I'm sure we could arrange for you to spend some time with it.

Chyros

19 Mar 2021, 15:20

Go-Kart wrote:
Chyros wrote:
This has me wondering if you're a GBB, electric or springer kind of guy.
AEG is more practical, GBB is cooler. I mainly like to just toy around with them to be honest, so I go for the really realistic ones. I especially like the shell-ejecting ones, and I generally don't go for things that are practical in the field xD .
Go-Kart wrote:
Chyros wrote:
My Libertouch is due to arrive tomorrow. If the pain from the whole in your otherwise robust video catalogue grows too great, message me. I'm in the U.K. but I'm sure we could arrange for you to spend some time with it.
Ah, thanks for the offer mate, but I very much try to steer clear of loan boards. But thanks anyway :) .

clickykeyboards

19 Mar 2021, 15:28

Model M-13 (IBM)

Other triggers pictured :lol:

Model 17 (Glock), Model 1911 (Kimber), Model USP .45 (Heckler & Koch), Model 92FS (Beretta), Model CX-4 (Beretta)
Attachments
IBM Model M13 and other mechanical triggers
IBM Model M13 and other mechanical triggers
model m13.jpg (93.79 KiB) Viewed 2450 times

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 Mar 2021, 15:34

clickykeyboards wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 15:28
Model M-13 (IBM)

Other triggers pictured :lol:

Model 17 (Glock), Model 1911 (Kimber), Model USP .45 (Heckler & Koch), Model 92FS (Beretta), Model CX-4 (Beretta)

Do you even lift, brah?

Muirium
µ

19 Mar 2021, 16:14

Nerf Arena Blast was actually my favourite lan party FPS in its day.

Behold those 90s as all get loose 3D accelerated graphics, which I’d run silky smooth on my TNT 2. That was before Newton discovered GeForce you see.

Go-Kart

20 Mar 2021, 00:04

Chyros wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 15:20
AEG is more practical, GBB is cooler. I mainly like to just toy around with them to be honest, so I go for the really realistic ones. I especially like the shell-ejecting ones, and I generally don't go for things that are practical in the field xD .
Man after my own heart.
Muirium wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 16:14
Nerf Arena Blast was actually my favourite lan party FPS in its day.

Behold those 90s as all get loose 3D accelerated graphics, which I’d run silky smooth on my TNT 2. That was before Newton discovered GeForce you see.
Was your favourite FPS? The high bar it set is still there today in my mind!
Attachments
PXL_20210319_225742177.jpg
PXL_20210319_225742177.jpg (4.06 MiB) Viewed 2363 times

hellothere

08 Jun 2021, 18:34

Reshala wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 01:49
Go-Kart wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 16:36
hellothere wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 23:46
I still insist that I'm NOT a collector and just enjoy repairing old keyboards.
It was only a few weeks ago when I first started being interested in old keyboards. I started this thread shortly after. I fear now I that I unconsciously fallen into the latter category...
I now realize I've unconsciously done the same. I now have 50ish keyboards. Seriously, I still am going to repair and sell most. I just can't help but buy KBs at good prices.

inozenz

08 Jun 2021, 18:45

Since i wanna build a german keyboard channel for me i would say x amount, since i want to be able tocover a wide variety.
In my case it is more then enough to have a single keyboard to work, game or whatever you would need a keyboard for.
But i think as someone who is not only looking at keyboards as a tool to type on, but rather apreciate the beauty of some of the vintage retro looking keyboards, i would say to have somekind of open shelf just like a book shelf full of antiquity would be enough.

Yasu0

08 Jun 2021, 22:35

I think I have around 20, but I have already lost track even at that low figure. You guys are out of control..

That is how I knew to stop. When I could no longer answer this question.

raoulduke-esq

08 Jun 2021, 22:41

The limiting factor is Weimar-like price inflation. For example- just this calendar year alone people have gone from trying to get $200 for Pingmaster to $400 and now people are looking to get beamspring money for Model Fs and Lexus money for beamsrpings... So you'll reach an inflection point where you've acquired all of the interesting things at keyboard prices and the cost of your next keyboard is more than at least one of the cars you've owned at some point in your life and you're now talking about decisions between a keyboard and a child's college fund...

keyboard Kultist

09 Jun 2021, 02:22

I'm at somewhere between 100 and 200 keyboards now....I....think...

I keep meaning to write up a document describing the relevant features of each board. Partly for the pleasure of doing so ( I'd have to record which keyboard was used to type the description of what board too!) But things have gotten in the way, like the unspecified ailment of unknown origin...

John Doe

09 Jun 2021, 02:50

This's a good question to me, but I also want to know the answer.

Like this?
Spoiler:
9sbyp5ftm2471.jpeg
9sbyp5ftm2471.jpeg (89.5 KiB) Viewed 1971 times

Tritian

09 Jun 2021, 09:13

maybe i should sell my 5000 QWERTY Beamships NOS...

nah... markets not ripe yet.

Return to “Keyboards”