POS Keyboards...

Palatino

10 Apr 2021, 15:41

Given the title of this thread I should also show this from my collection:
Spoiler:
IMG_20210410_143828.jpg
IMG_20210410_143828.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 4978 times
Anything with a biscuit button is a surely a keeper.

Muirium
µ

10 Apr 2021, 15:51

Is it n-key mini rollover?

Thorogrimm

10 Apr 2021, 16:35

PrehKeyTech (which someone is selling on eBay)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PrehKeyTec-M ... %7Ciid%3A1

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Apr 2021, 16:56

Palatino wrote:
Spoiler:
The brand may be DigiPos, but in fact it is a… Tipro keyboard :mrgreen:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Apr 2021, 16:57

Thorogrimm wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 16:35
PrehKeyTech (which someone is selling on eBay)
[…]
Preh? Rubberdome, shitty software.

Palatino

10 Apr 2021, 23:27

Muirium wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 15:51
Is it n-key mini rollover?
*snickers*

hellothere

11 Apr 2021, 01:01

Palatino wrote:
Spoiler:
IMG_20210410_143828.jpg
f7b.gif
f7b.gif (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4886 times

Lanrefni

11 Apr 2021, 02:19

This is my Cherry RC128BM,which is just a rebranded Tipro-

Swapped out the MX blacks for Outemu blues,sadly the 2 key roll over made it really annoying to use so it now occupies a box,I keep meaning to do something with it but never seem to find the time.

micmil

11 Apr 2021, 07:27

Lanrefni wrote:

Swapped out the MX blacks for Outemu blues,sadly the 2 key roll over made it really annoying to use so it now occupies a box,I keep meaning to do something with it but never seem to find the time.
That layout is bad enough to make Sweet Zombie Jesus roll over in his grave. And then get out of the grave and kick the ass of whoever built it.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2021, 08:48

micmil wrote:
Lanrefni wrote:
This is my […]
That layout is bad enough to make Sweet Zombie Jesus roll over in his grave. And then get out of the grave and kick the ass of whoever built it.
Probably Lanrefni designed it to his own needs, which is a good enough reason for it, isn't it?.
I think I wouldn't like your layout either.

By the way, swearing is usually used as a substitute for arguments. The only positive aspect of your post is you didn't use exclamation marks.

Lanrefni

11 Apr 2021, 09:25

kbdfr wrote:
micmil wrote:
Lanrefni wrote:
This is my […]
Probably Lanrefni designed it to his own needs, which is a good enough reason for it, isn't it?.

By the way, swearing is usually used as a substitute for arguments. The only positive aspect of your post is you didn't use exclamation marks.
Yup,I prefer Numpad in the middle,also the Backspace key is vertical because when I desoldered the lower switch it tore the trace off the board (I hadn't used a soldering iron in over a decade,I think I did rather well),it's now a dummy switch with a cut down spring,the extra F keys at the top are just F1-12+Ctrl for easy macro assignments in Autohotkey.

Muirium
µ

11 Apr 2021, 12:47

Split keyboards: divisive!

I tried to learn Colemak with a split ortho setup some years back, since that's such a different feeling from a regular keyboard in any case. Liked the better rolls of common character sequences, could feel there was potential to it, but my reduced typing speed remained painful for longer than I could bear. So back to lousy old Qwerty for me.
kbdfr wrote:
The only positive aspect of your post is you didn't use exclamation marks.
As one of the forum's worst offenders most enthusiastic ! users, I sense a broader commentary.

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Exclamation Marks.

fohat
Elder Messenger

11 Apr 2021, 15:01

Muirium wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 12:47

I sense a broader commentary.
Personally, I had a slowly evolving epiphany years ago when my kids were small and I read to them at bedtime. After "kiddie" books we eventually got to real reading like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Le Guin's Earthsea, etc, before they outgrew Dad reading to them.

Recognizing the power of spoken word, I often visualize written words as what they would sound like if read aloud and then punctuate accordingly. Thus I use an inordinate number of commas (and also, my family came to the colonies from Oxfordshire) to modulate timing and to indicate pauses in speaking rather than worrying about whether they are grammatically necessary in writing.

Quote marks represent curled fingers in the air, dashes are direct asides (differentiated from parentheses which are more explanatory and amorphous), and various techniques to indicate emphasis according to my mood. Colons and semicolons are very rare with me, and I try to be extremely judicious with exclamation points.

My ex-wife, a magazine editor, was appalled with my personal evolution of grammatical choices, not least when I abandoned absurd American-isms such as putting sentence punctuation inside of quotation marks and jettisoning periods at the ends of abbreviations of words like mister and saint.

PS - upside-down question marks look absurd to me, but indicating that a sentence is a question from the beginning is very helpful

micmil

11 Apr 2021, 17:02

kbdfr wrote:

Piss off and sniff your farts in private. Again, someone here getting bent out of shape on someone else's behalf.

BTW, swearing means fucking nothing other than you're a pretentious cunt if you give a shit about it. Now I fucking undercockingstand why Chyros has his waning for whiny little bitch-boys all over his jizz-juggling videos. There seems to exist a cadre of cuntmuffins that can't deal with an ass-cheesing subset of the English uvula-fellating language.

Titty sprinkles. Grow the fuck up.

:roll:

All that because I dared say "ass." Fucking brilliant attempt at being a a holier-than-thou cocksprite.

Ascaii
The Beard

11 Apr 2021, 17:03

Ahh, good old titty sprinkles. I love this place :)

Muirium
µ

11 Apr 2021, 17:22

Can I get mine on the muffins?

micmil

11 Apr 2021, 17:47

Muirium wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 17:22
Can I get mine on the muffins?
Yeah, but that costs extra.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Apr 2021, 09:02

micmil wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 17:02
kbdfr wrote:
[…] By the way, swearing is usually used as a substitute for arguments. […]
Piss off and sniff your farts in private. Again, someone here getting bent out of shape on someone else's behalf.

BTW, swearing means fucking nothing other than you're a pretentious cunt if you give a shit about it. Now I fucking undercockingstand why Chyros has his waning for whiny little bitch-boys all over his jizz-juggling videos. There seems to exist a cadre of cuntmuffins that can't deal with an ass-cheesing subset of the English uvula-fellating language.

Titty sprinkles. Grow the fuck up.

:roll:

All that because I dared say "ass." Fucking brilliant attempt at being a a holier-than-thou cocksprite.
Amazing at what lengths you go to confirm my point.

Instead of "pissing off", as you so elegantly put it, I would like to analyse what this is about. Perhaps you will understand what I mean.
Just to remind you, your comment to Lanrefni's pic of his board was: "That layout is bad enough to make Sweet Zombie Jesus roll over in his grave. And then get out of the grave and kick the ass of whoever built it."
That's all. You did not elaborate. Saying "This is a bad layout" would have been enough and in fact, you did not express more than that. But instead of motivating this opinion of yours, you felt the need to pack it into what you probably think is "strong language" (I don't mean simply the word "ass"). That is what I meant with "a substitute for arguments".

And then, your (predictible) broadside contained a lot of "cock" and "cunt" and "jizz" and so on, obviously at least in part intended to offend me (to no avail of course, words can only offend me when they carry at least a shadow of a meaning, which yours do not). You simply did not grasp what I was saying and again said nothing (except perhaps your reference to Chyros, which again, though, only showed your lack of capacity to differentiate).

But well, I admit I should not have criticized your first post the way I did.
Instead of going the exact way you did, namely hostility, I should simply have asked "what do you find bad in Lanrefni's layout?".
It would habe been a more subtle way to expose the sheer lack of substance of your post.

micmil

12 Apr 2021, 18:45

kbdfr wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 09:02
It would habe been a more subtle way to expose the sheer lack of substance of your post.
Gee, I don't know, don't you think "SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS" did that?

Note how the actual owner doesn't seem to give a fuck, yet here you are getting butthurt on their behalf. Worry about yourself, Timmy. Nobody like a pretentious douchebag.

Muirium
µ

12 Apr 2021, 19:56

But he’s ours. ;)

zrrion

12 Apr 2021, 21:19

POS is really only supposed to refer to the keyboards guys :roll:

Rayndalf

13 Apr 2021, 06:11

The most solid feeling board I've ever tried, even with a plastic case it is incredibly well built. The previous owner swapped clicky Razer switches into it, but it would have had preretool blacks otherwise, so I consider that an improvement.

It has 2KRO and will loudly beep if you exceed that which is honestly quite entertaining. I downloaded the utility to reprogram it at one point, but I never could figure out what I wanted to do with it. As far as small ortho goes this is pretty great (a QMK PCB with NKRO would make it even better, I think it'd make a great compact board for gaming at LANs).
Attachments
20210412_230704.jpg
20210412_230704.jpg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 4500 times
20210412_230645.jpg
20210412_230645.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 4500 times

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Apr 2021, 08:44

Rayndalf wrote:
[…]
Rayndalf’s Tipro.jpg
Rayndalf’s Tipro.jpg (138.49 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
Just saying… :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Anyone in the audience with a founded opinion about the layout? :lol:

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 10:02

Rayndalf wrote:
It has 2KRO and will loudly beep if you exceed that
Just saying. ;)

Hamstrung rollover is a good reason to need more keys I suppose. You’ll need dedicated keys to program macros like Shift+Alt+Left, seeing as the keyboard says BEEP when you try to make such basic edits for yourself.

Rayndalf

13 Apr 2021, 10:19

kbdfr wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 08:44
Rayndalf wrote:
[…]
Rayndalf’s Tipro.jpg
Just saying… :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Anyone in the audience with a founded opinion about the layout? :lol:
[ TIPRO ]

Clearly it's a professional keyboard for typing professionals.
I mean it's even got PRO in the name.

I have no idea if this is the stock layout, but it's how I received it.
I don't think I could use a gigaergo board. Seperating the hands when typing is good, but I'd rather have the Kinesis scoops and thumb keys then try to find a use for all those extra keys. Maybe I'll find a Maltron board and change my mind.

Still with a bit of practive a massive ortho board would allow efficient access to a lot of function.

Rayndalf

13 Apr 2021, 11:12

Lanrefni wrote:

The 2u backspace is actually pretty creative. The following image represents my best guess as the layout. All the keys having sensible readible legends made it pretty easy, but I may have taken some liberties :lol:

In my educated opinion I believe the keys labeled unknown zone are used for controlling an orbital laser or some kind of spy satellite
Attachments
layout notes.png
layout notes.png (4.36 MiB) Viewed 4438 times

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 11:17

My Access IS has an Unknown Zone, too.

Those mono-legend caps have so much more character than a row of F keys. I just don't know what to do with it!

Oh, and the bright red >< key is in jail, too.

Rayndalf

13 Apr 2021, 11:39

Muirium wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 11:17
My Access IS has an Unknown Zone, too.

Those mono-legend caps have so much more character than a row of F keys. I just don't know what to do with it!

Oh, and the bright red >< key is in jail, too.
You better keep a close eye on ><, I heard he's planning on escaping.

Standard F keys are boring, I think I'll try to use relegendables next time I have the choice. The pop of white on top really has a "slimming" effect on that board, especially with the contrast in row profiles. You've definitely come closer than most in terms of covering your unique layout with good keycaps .

I've seen great layouts covered in scavenged gamer sets and it doesn't make the boards bad, but it is a shame those boards people have lovingly built can't be easily/ cost effectively covered with nicer keycaps (there really isn't going to be another "round" is there? :cry:).

Fun fact when I delete the space between :cry: and the word next to it it does this:cry:
Now I'm really crying. Look at that smily drinking it's own tears. Not a single large tear of sympathy, but the many small tears of a smily who has lost so much. Absolutely dripping with character.

Lanrefni

13 Apr 2021, 16:11

Unknown Zone is media controls,spacelets were additional macro keys.

Willmehr

27 Jul 2021, 15:35

Hey, it seems like you guys like profanity, how about some nudity?!
layout  for  the  moment
layout for the moment
IMG_20210727_152447.jpg (590.1 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
sexy  pcb
sexy pcb
IMG_20210726_180457.jpg (564.74 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
sexy  controller
sexy controller
IMG_20210726_180510.jpg (566.34 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
closeup  front
closeup front
IMG_20210726_180424.jpg (521.29 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
Took me around 6 years to actually get around setting up a 32-bit os an an extra hdd and programm this board. (so long actually, that i forgot my login and don't have access to my original account anymore viewtopic.php?t=8947 ...)
While doing that i got the idea to get rid of the ugly dark gray casing and show that sexy pcb. Now i'll just have to ghet used to the ortho layout and i'm happy.

Return to “Keyboards”