Rebuild of Keyboards in UK by Anyone?

qhackettq

26 Apr 2021, 16:21

Hi team,

I'm the glad proprietor of several IBM 122-key terminal consoles, working through an RJ45 Soarer's Converter to a USB interface.

Nonetheless, I have a major issue with a portion of the keys on the two of them, and that of an extra case-less console gathering, that while the greater part of them work passably, some vibe "tired" with powerless springs, and some scarcely click by any means. This affects key capacity - I disapprove of explicit keys irregularly sending twice, and others none by any stretch of the imagination.

I have considered what is expected to dismantle these, and comprehend the "bolt mod" - and, honestly, the two activities are definitely past my specialized capacities. I'm a product guy.....!

In this way, I'm searching for someone in the London (UK) region who can renovate these consoles. I've glanced through the posts made here, and I haven't discovered anyone publicizing such a help (evidently, I read, on the grounds that the vast majority don't wish to pay for it - however, I can guarantee everybody, I do comprehend the worth of a man-hour, and I *am* willing to pay a sensible going rate).

I expect to publicize in the Marketplace, as well, however, I thought I'd drop a line here previously, just to inquire as to whether this solicitation was suitable, legitimate, adequate, astute, reasonable, irresponsible?

Regards,
Russel P. Halpern
Spammer
Last edited by qhackettq on 06 Oct 2021, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2021, 16:24

These are Model M 122 keys, not Model Fs?

The Model M is the one that needs a bolt mod. The older Model F is significantly nicer hardware, and highly prized.

motoko

26 Apr 2021, 19:44

Have you tried just reseating the spring? Not very clear what the problem is other than mention of a couple keys not registering and not "clicking".

I'd look up tutorials and DIY this.

Return to “Keyboards”