Icon keycap used for IBM Model M

:Dön:

02 May 2021, 13:39

How many icon keycaps are there that were used on the IBM Model M. I love the rare icon keycaps used on the Model M. I'd love it if someone would share them with me! :!:

Tritian

03 May 2021, 07:26

here's a model m for cnc or cad work

03 May 2021, 08:06

That's good!
But to me this does not look like a keycap manufactured by IBM. I wonder who made this keycap?

Rayndalf

03 May 2021, 08:11

Custom keycaps for a CNC machine or some other piece of industrial equipment. I love the colors.

Unicomp could make something similar, but I'm not sure if they consistently do from printing. I think they do but I'm not sure.

03 May 2021, 11:47

What is the function of the keycap in the picture? I found an image of this keycap on the internet.

03 May 2021, 11:48

I forgot to send the image...
Attachments
5D8AB82F-FF84-47FB-926A-A76A36BACE7C.jpeg
5D8AB82F-FF84-47FB-926A-A76A36BACE7C.jpeg (7 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

03 May 2021, 12:07

Rayndalf wrote:
Custom keycaps for a CNC machine or some other piece of industrial equipment. I love the colors.

Unicomp could make something similar, but I'm not sure if they consistently do from printing. I think they do but I'm not sure.
The problem with Unicomp's prints is probably due to their print sheets. I looked at the data on their print sheet, and the End key is placed above the other keys, and the Scroll Lock key is placed below the other keys. And I have a Unicomp keyboard made in 2020, and it was indeed misaligned as it should be. I think they can fix the data on the print sheet in a few minutes.
There are differences in the print sheets depending on the model and year of manufacture, so some may not have problems, but the currently available Mini M seems to have a misalignment of the End key.
Attachments
B8720BAE-48EC-47D3-B7DD-0CB8CACFF7B6.jpeg
B8720BAE-48EC-47D3-B7DD-0CB8CACFF7B6.jpeg (197.68 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

Muirium
µ

03 May 2021, 14:12

Gaaargh! UNI COMP!

Some things never change. Unfortunately. :roll:

sharktastica

03 May 2021, 14:36

:Dön: wrote:
03 May 2021, 11:47
What is the function of the keycap in the picture? I found an image of this keycap on the internet.
03 May 2021, 11:48
I forgot to send the image...
Looks familiar. ;)

A lot of the keycaps' origins for my keyboards are explained on their individual pages - these are from various Wheelwriters. I'm not sure of the exact function, but I'm guessing paper up and down (which I'm using as page up and down). A lot of Wheewriters have these textually though.

03 May 2021, 15:06

Thanks for your reply. I have quoted the image from your site.
I see :!: That's a very nice looking keycap.(*゚▽゚*)

fohat
Elder Messenger

04 May 2021, 04:34

Those are all well and good, but the crown jewel would be a yellow "Urine" key.

an_achronism

04 May 2021, 12:44

03 May 2021, 12:07
Rayndalf wrote:

The problem with Unicomp's prints is probably due to their print sheets. I looked at the data on their print sheet, and the End key is placed above the other keys, and the Scroll Lock key is placed below the other keys. And I have a Unicomp keyboard made in 2020, and it was indeed misaligned as it should be. I think they can fix the data on the print sheet in a few minutes.
There are differences in the print sheets depending on the model and year of manufacture, so some may not have problems, but the currently available Mini M seems to have a misalignment of the End key.
If it's any consolation, the key legends on my New Model M (as in full size Enhanced, not Mini / SSK) are all over the damn place as well: https://medium.com/@an_achronism/review ... a6903393ee

an_achronism

27 May 2021, 18:42

I'm in the process of trying to navigate correcting the issues on their print sheets, though my board is ISO rather than ANSI fwiw. They mentioned that the ANSI sheet should have the poorly placed End legend fixed, but not the ISO one, and I assume the rest is not fixed.

Do you have all the print sheets, or just certain ones? I'm curious to see which issues are down to the data and which are down to tooling/operation.

Return to “Keyboards”