5000 AZERTY Keyboards NOS

depletedvespene

15 May 2021, 11:55

Lalaland124 wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:54
I just hope that all the boards come with space invader so that we don't accidentally buy like 2000 rubber dome boards with them as well :D
Not to factor in how many keyboards turn out to be DOA and good only as caps donors. I would be very conservative in the estimate of how many good, SI keyboards the whole lot finally has.

Muirium
µ

15 May 2021, 11:56

inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 11:47
I feel like i have the need to clarify a few things on the google table.
Or maybe i didin't understand this whole thing correctly.

The keyboard price will be around 0,55€ - 0,65€/keyboard (just an estimate).
It is essentially free.
Now, if you toss into the table, lets say 300€ this will get you around 600 Keyboards.
In these 300€ you are only covering the keyboard and transportation to storage cost, nothing else!
These keyboards need to be shipped after that and here comes the real hefty money you might have to spend.
Lets say you are from the US and you invest these 300€ you would need a shipping container to get your 500 keyboards, this will most likely cost you another 500€-1000€.
And i don't know if i as a private person am allowed to do this.

1Unit weights around 1,5kg-2kg, with 500 keyboards i would have to ship 1000kg of keyboard to the US.

What i am trying to say is, you can't just toss in money without thinking this through.
I am not responsible for anyone who wants a huge quantity of keyboards without being able to cover the necessary fees that will come with shipping. Or the knowledge on how to handle these huge amount of weight.

I know this is not fair for people who do not live in germany.
Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy. To US it would cost 105€ for the same amount.

I saw TheInversKey list 1000$ and i messaged him privatly, he said around 600€ for the keyboards and 400€ for other fees.
But this can't add up, he would have to get 1200 Keyboards, 2400kg of cargo and the price for it would be hefty.
I have never shipped something this heavy to anywhere and i don't even know if i can, please tell me that my worrys are unnecessary and you know a way to get you this amount of keyboards easly.

I added another row to the table(shipping costs) and i would appreciate if you think this throgh and put a reasonable amount to the list. 1 for the keyboards alone and 2 the willingness on how much you would pay for shipping.

And again i am sorry if i shatter some of your dreams but we have to stay reasonable or else you would have to deal with the consequences.
Do we know what switches these have? Linear space invaders? Clicky space invaders?

Definitely report on that when you inspect them! They could well be mostly garbage like people are fearing. But with that sheer number, there could be a good minority to spread around.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 12:10

Guys huge news!

I talked to the guy and he is willing to let the keyboards go for 2500€ (keyboards)+ 600€ (transportaion).
BUT we have to act quick, the guy told me that he needs the space (like i predicted) and if noone will buy these, they will all end in the trash.
He told me that all of the keyboards are the same, but i am willing to go on monday and check the keyboards. If i think these are the real deal we have to prepare the payment at the end of the weekend.

He send me pictures, i'll upload them now.

https://imgur.com/a/dYSLuDB

I would appreciat if i didn't go alone, since i am no expert in spaceinvaders. Are there bad white spaceinvaders?
Last edited by inozenz on 15 May 2021, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

15 May 2021, 12:15

Cool! All in boxes really helps for shipping. Though makes their storage HUGE. Good luck, you crazy liberator!

depletedvespene

15 May 2021, 12:18

Muirium wrote:
Cool! All in boxes really helps for shipping. Though makes their storage HUGE. Good luck, you crazy liberator!
All in boxes also increases the probabilty of each box containing the same model of keyboard (for better or worse). This is actually a good thing. :-)

John Doe

15 May 2021, 12:19

Wwwhat? So many?

Muirium
µ

15 May 2021, 12:21

I know, madness, right? :lol:
depletedvespene wrote:
15 May 2021, 12:18
Muirium wrote:
All in boxes also increases the probabilty of each box containing the same model of keyboard (for better or worse). This is actually a good thing. :-)
Indeed! The less touched they've been since production / sitting it out in a warehouse, the better of course.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 12:33

If you look closely you can see that on some boxes other languages are marked(danish,swedish).
We might be able to get other layouts aswell!

Muirium
µ

15 May 2021, 12:34

I will pay top (namely: one) dollar for Danish / Swedish! Anything to avoid AZERTY ;)

inozenz

15 May 2021, 13:13

Muirium wrote:
15 May 2021, 12:34
I will pay top (namely: one) dollar for Danish / Swedish! Anything to avoid AZERTY ;)
For an additional Dollar i'll paint my lips red and give the board a juicy kiss. :*

HalfSlav

15 May 2021, 13:20

Holy fuck that's a lot, and I think pretty much everyone here would prefer non-azerty boards :lol:

inozenz

15 May 2021, 13:27

Please join the discord server, this makes communication easier. https://discord.gg/9FTQhfV7uq

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 May 2021, 13:34

inozenz wrote:
[…] I talked to the guy and he is willing to let the keyboards go for 2500€ (keyboards)+ 600€ (transportaion).
BUT we have to act quick, the guy told me that he needs the space (like i predicted) and if noone will buy these, they will all end in the trash. […]
I somehow doubt he will be in such a hurry as to give up 2500€ that quickly.

Shorle

15 May 2021, 13:41

I am glad my find caught on so well! I assumed this was an insane deal but didn`t know there is such a demand for this keyboard.
If I didn`t have to drive 8h to Bavaria I would gladly jump in to inspect the "merch". As it is I'll contribute to the cause and hope for a German layout. ("Dips on QWERTZ" ... if that works :lol: )

Considering he updated the price to "2,5k€, only today" I guess he is pressed to sell quick!

In case this actually happens, can we collaborate on a PCB for these Switches?

depletedvespene

15 May 2021, 13:43

inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 12:33
If you look closely you can see that on some boxes other languages are marked(danish,swedish).
We might be able to get other layouts aswell!
See http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Interac ... a&right=sv for a quick comparer between Danish and Swedish(/Finnish). Now if those turn out to be ALL DEC layout keyboards, there could be a couple small differences between what's printed on them and the layouts posted (but the Å/Æ/Ø vs. Å/Ö/ä difference should be enough to tell them apart).

depletedvespene

15 May 2021, 13:44

Shorle wrote:
Considering he updated the price to "2,5k€, only today" I guess he is pressed to sell quick!
... or that he is pressING to sell quickly, knowing he has one (three) interested party(-ies).

inozenz

15 May 2021, 13:57

depletedvespene wrote:
15 May 2021, 13:44
Shorle wrote:
... or that he is pressING to sell quickly, knowing he has one (three) interested party(-ies).

he told me, that he is trying to sell the boards for weeks now and the way he talked i could figure out, that the space is now needed for other things. If we dont buy he will gut the electronics and sell it to the recyling centers.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 14:15

i am still looking for 1 or 2 members here that would join me on monday!

melka

15 May 2021, 17:47

HalfSlav wrote:
15 May 2021, 13:20
Holy fuck that's a lot, and I think pretty much everyone here would prefer non-azerty boards :lol:
Hey, leave my beloved azerty alone !

Added myself to the Google Doc, you're doing great work guys.

As for shipping, sometimes it's mostly the volume that is important, more than the weight. I mean that a "denser" package would cost less that a big light one. If you could measure the boxes that would be ideal for us to estimate shipping.
What I think would be needed is size and weight of a single keyboard, and size, weight and number of boards in a big box. With those informations, shipping can be estimated pretty easily.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 19:18

The seller and i called again a few minutes ago.
We finalized what i had talked with him in the morning.
It seems like there are other interested buyers, but since i talked with him first i have the claim.
On monday i will make a trip to Frankfuhrt with my girlfriend and visit the seller afternoon.
He will tranport the boxes to his garage, there i can freely check whatever i want he told me, which is really good.
And then we will pay the guy on friday or saturday, after that he will drive the cargo to my place.

Also good news, Ascaii pmed me, he will chip in whatever amount is open and i will chip in a little bit more aswell.
Currently we reached our goal.

But then again for the love of god for anyone who is not from germany please find out on how to get the keyboards to you and for how much.
I will not be responsible if you can't pay shipping and i will not refund any money after we bought the keyboards, because you didn't do you homework.
The price per Keyboard is currently 3100€/5000K=0,62€/K. dimensions of a single box is around 49x22x4,5cm 1,75kg (my estimate).
Do your research and math, i won't do it for you!

inozenz

15 May 2021, 19:19

inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 19:18
The seller and i called again a few minutes ago.
We finalized what i had talked with him in the morning.
It seems like there are other interested buyers, but since i talked with him first i have the claim.
On monday i will make a trip to Frankfuhrt with my girlfriend and visit the seller afternoon.
He will tranport the boxes to his garage, there i can freely check whatever i want he told me, which is really good.
And then we will pay the guy on friday or saturday, after that he will drive the cargo to my place.

Also good news, Ascaii pmed me, he will chip in whatever amount is open and i will chip in a little bit more aswell.
Currently we reached our goal.

But then again for the love of god for anyone who is not from germany please find out on how to get the keyboards to you and for how much.
I will not be responsible if you can't pay shipping and i will not refund any money after we bought the keyboards, because you didn't do your homework.
The price per Keyboard is currently 3100€/5000K=0,62€/K. dimensions of a single box is around 49x22x4,5cm 1,75kg (my estimate).
Do your research and math, i won't do it for you!

stevesie

15 May 2021, 19:30

I'm in for putting some money forth for a few boards. Putting $50USD in the doc for a couple of boards plus shipping. I'll do some more math and figuring out shipping costs later on.

Jan Pospisil

15 May 2021, 21:10

Would these be usable via Soarer's?

inozenz

15 May 2021, 21:26

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... yboard_of/

looks like the same keybaord but different layout. OG says they are linear and buttery smooth...

Bjerrk

15 May 2021, 21:32

inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 21:26
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... yboard_of/

looks like the same keybaord but different layout. OG says they are linear and buttery smooth...
Nice find! Shame if they are all linear, though (he said, unbiased).

Myoth

15 May 2021, 23:08

Truly don't want to be a party pooper but this is going to be a nightmare in every single possible way, please take a lot more stuff into consideration and try to make as easy of a form as you can. you will thank yourself. My main gripes are as follow :
  1. Right now you offer to ship but you don't give any company to calculate the shipping with, so potentially you'll have to run around DHL, Hermes, UPS, etc to ship. You do not want that lol. Also ... packing material ??? have you taken this into account ?
  2. Nobody know what's available, we all saw those French, Danish and Swedish boxes. But I can guarantee you people are going to change their mind depending on what might be available once you check through the stock. You don't want to deal with people paying once, changing their minds, refunding them and making them pay again. Pay once everything is set in stone
  3. I read that you will post your name, address and stuff but I honestly don't think money is the problem, a paypal chargeback does the job well and quick. On the other hand, handling 5000 boards only on the weekends is going to take months of hard work. You're going to get burnt out really quickly.
  4. Have you thought of what you'll do with the leftovers ?
I also want to mention how a member that registered 2 months ago with 70 posts, half of them in this very thread, is running potentially the biggest GB this site has seen (7bit had his shit down and he still very clearly is having trouble with this Rounds). And asking to be paid BEFORE you go there. This is sketch on so many levels.

I really want to join but I feel like I'm going to fund something that is bound to fail, I'm putting my name on the sheet but please clear things out.

P.S. : you might want to get in talk with the designer of this, if you actual intend to go on with this GB

inozenz

15 May 2021, 23:48

Myoth wrote:
15 May 2021, 23:08
Truly don't want to be a party pooper but this is going to be a nightmare in every single possible way, please take a lot more stuff into consideration and try to make as easy of a form as you can. you will thank yourself. My main gripes are as follow :
  1. Right now you offer to ship but you don't give any company to calculate the shipping with, so potentially you'll have to run around DHL, Hermes, UPS, etc to ship. You do not want that lol. Also ... packing material ??? have you taken this into account ?
  2. Nobody know what's available, we all saw those French, Danish and Swedish boxes. But I can guarantee you people are going to change their mind depending on what might be available once you check through the stock. You don't want to deal with people paying once, changing their minds, refunding them and making them pay again. Pay once everything is set in stone
  3. I read that you will post your name, address and stuff but I honestly don't think money is the problem, a paypal chargeback does the job well and quick. On the other hand, handling 5000 boards only on the weekends is going to take months of hard work. You're going to get burnt out really quickly.
  4. Have you thought of what you'll do with the leftovers ?
I also want to mention how a member that registered 2 months ago with 70 posts, half of them in this very thread, is running potentially the biggest GB this site has seen (7bit had his shit down and he still very clearly is having trouble with this Rounds). And asking to be paid BEFORE you go there. This is sketch on so many levels.

I really want to join but I feel like I'm going to fund something that is bound to fail, I'm putting my name on the sheet but please clear things out.

P.S. : you might want to get in talk with the designer of this, if you actual intend to go on with this GB
Your points are legit but one thing i want to make more then clear.
I never asked for money.
I said i go on mondey check the goods and document everything, post it here and every contributer decides if he wants to preoceed.
Yes my account is new but this should be no indicator of me being liable or not.
Lastly everyone in this thread is an adult with a functional brain. I made it more then clear that i am not going to run to anywhere to ask for shipping prices or other fees. I made it more then clear that i provide only storage for atleast 6 month and that i am willing to spend my weekends sorting keyboards.

If only 1 of the contributors gets cold feet be my guest, but then this whole operation will be canceled.

Ofcours this will all take time.

Everyone has to decide for them selfs.

hellothere

16 May 2021, 00:22

inozenz wrote:
Lastly everyone in this thread is an adult with a functional brain.
And what are you basing this on? :D

Anyhow, I wanted to point out that there are some errors in the spreadsheet. As an example, I said I'd do $70. Under the "Amount in EUR," it said that was 12€. The exchange rate's not quite that rough :P.

I'll try again to get onto the Discord later. I've never Discorded before.

HalfSlav

16 May 2021, 11:04

hellothere wrote:
16 May 2021, 00:22
inozenz wrote:
Lastly everyone in this thread is an adult with a functional brain.
And what are you basing this on? :D

Anyhow, I wanted to point out that there are some errors in the spreadsheet. As an example, I said I'd do $70. Under the "Amount in EUR," it said that was 12€. The exchange rate's not quite that rough :P.

I'll try again to get onto the Discord later. I've never Discorded before.
Yeah, I put that. You wrote that only 15$ is for the boards right? The euro column is supposed to be the amount just for buying the boards, without your shipping.

Findecanor

16 May 2021, 15:36

inozenz wrote:
I would appreciat if i didn't go alone, since i am no expert in spaceinvaders. Are there bad white spaceinvaders?
inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 14:15
i am still looking for 1 or 2 members here that would join me on monday!
↑↑This↑↑

I would feel more comfortable if a more established Deskthority member in Germany did.
It's nothing personal against Inozenz. It is just that he (?) is a relatively new member here and I have got burned on other forums before, which has taught me some caution.

He could also be helped by a second pair of eyes.

I would have volunteered for this if I had lived anywhere near, myself, but I don't.

Return to “Keyboards”