5000 AZERTY Keyboards NOS

hellothere

07 Jun 2021, 17:15

inozenz wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 10:39
hellothere wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 00:29
PM sent. Yes, I'm now the old guy that can't keep up with both the forum and Discord.
It's fine since I'm always posting the most important announcements on both platforms.😊
Thanks much. I'll try to keep up here.

hellothere

07 Jun 2021, 18:47

I think I'm caught up. I have two questions about shipping. I'll just ask one, ATM:
inozenz wrote:1 Unit weights around 1,5kg-2kg, with 500 keyboards i would have to ship 1000kg of keyboard to the US.

Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy. To US it would cost 105€ for the same amount.
First, I do get that the numbers above are just off the top of inozenz's head to be used as an example.

Anyhow, I went to DHL's English-language German 'site for shipping to the US. If you go with the 150€ package, the max height you can do is 60 cm. Call that about 24 inches. That would cover about two keyboards, total, not 15.

Am I doing the math right? I read one of the posts either here or on Discord that said that there were "arrangements" for shipping to the US east coast and central US, but I couldn't find the original post that showed what those arrangements were.

inozenz

07 Jun 2021, 19:49

hellothere wrote:
I think I'm caught up. I have two questions about shipping. I'll just ask one, ATM:
inozenz wrote:1 Unit weights around 1,5kg-2kg, with 500 keyboards i would have to ship 1000kg of keyboard to the US.

Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy. To US it would cost 105€ for the same amount.
First, I do get that the numbers above are just off the top of inozenz's head to be used as an example.

Anyhow, I went to DHL's English-language German 'site for shipping to the US. If you go with the 150€ package, the max height you can do is 60 cm. Call that about 24 inches. That would cover about two keyboards, total, not 15.

Am I doing the math right? I read one of the posts either here or on Discord that said that there were "arrangements" for shipping to the US east coast and central US, but I couldn't find the original post that showed what those arrangements were.
I dont know how you do math but no matter what i do, i can clearly ship more then 2 keyboards with this data!

it clearly states Packet to USA
min. 15 x 11 x 1 cm
max. 120 x 60 x 60 cm

31,5 kg 105,99 EUR

dcopellino

07 Jun 2021, 20:16

Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy.
I read Italy, so I feel personally involved. Does it mean that shipping will start to Italy? :mrgreen:

Jokes aside. If I read well, you'll start with the packing (according to our purchases/trade) for the end of June? based on your packing pace?

inozenz

07 Jun 2021, 21:56

dcopellino wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 20:16

Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy.
I read Italy, so I feel personally involved. Does it mean that shipping will start to Italy? :mrgreen:

Jokes aside. If I read well, you'll start with the packing (according to our purchases/trade) for the end of June? based on your packing pace?
according to my bachelor thesis, ill keep you guys informed.

raoulduke-esq

07 Jun 2021, 21:59

inozenz wrote:
That's the important part- good luck! What are you writing about?

inozenz

07 Jun 2021, 22:00

raoulduke-esq wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 21:59
inozenz wrote:
That's the important part- good luck! What are you writing about?
I am developing a video platform (mobile app) based on react native, specificly for artist, where you can choose your own feed, rather then a ai decide it for you.

inozenz

10 Jun 2021, 00:05

hellothere

10 Jun 2021, 01:13

inozenz wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 19:49
Spoiler:
hellothere wrote:

I dont know how you do math but no matter what i do, i can clearly ship more then 2 keyboards with this data!

it clearly states Packet to USA
min. 15 x 11 x 1 cm
max. 120 x 60 x 60 cm

31,5 kg 105,99 EUR
Forum ate my post. I think. Sorry. Don't mind me. I obviously failed Algebra I. I'll check back to see when you need shipping $. DHL does seem to be the best solution to the US.

maxmalkav
dye hard

18 Jun 2021, 14:23

All my KB years going after space invaders .. and I miss this.

I have tried to go through the 10 pages of posts but I am not still totally sure how things are going to work once GB members receive the keyboards. I understand the GB is closed (and the Discord links seem to be expired). I assume users that got stock will resell and distribute in their respective countries but we are not yet at that stage.

Really waiting for some Space Invaders clicky goodness.

Go-Kart

18 Jun 2021, 15:15

maxmalkav wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 14:23
All my KB years going after space invaders .. and I miss this.

I have tried to go through the 10 pages of posts but I am not still totally sure how things are going to work once GB members receive the keyboards. I understand the GB is closed (and the Discord links seem to be expired). I assume users that got stock will resell and distribute in their respective countries but we are not yet at that stage.

Really waiting for some Space Invaders clicky goodness.
Yeh dude, don't worry, I think everyone involved has spares. The shear volume of boards means that many are also gifting surplus to Inoz who's engineered the whole thing! Plenty to go around. The ball will start rolling again in a month or so. I'd say you'd have some luck come Autumn 👍

inozenz

19 Jun 2021, 16:31

Here is a perma link to the server https://discord.gg/d7WWgWYfEb

We had a trading phase, where some members sold a few of their keyboards to other members, but that is closed now.
Since i am in the middle of my bachelor thesis the gb is on pause.
The first weekend of July ill be starting to discuss shipping and do packiging and shipping 1 by 1.

For anyone who missed this chance, i will be holding a second round with keyboards that are donated. Each board of the donation round will be 2€. I dont know how many or which keyboards will be available but ill let you guys know!

ntv242ver2

19 Jun 2021, 21:59

Thank you so much inozenz for the work you have been putting to this.

maxmalkav
dye hard

20 Jun 2021, 17:27

Go-Kart wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 15:15
Yeh dude, don't worry, I think everyone involved has spares. The shear volume of boards means that many are also gifting surplus to Inoz who's engineered the whole thing! Plenty to go around. The ball will start rolling again in a month or so. I'd say you'd have some luck come Autumn 👍
I hope so, I got really psyched when I found this thread :-)
inozenz wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 16:31
Here is a perma link to the server https://discord.gg/d7WWgWYfEb

We had a trading phase, where some members sold a few of their keyboards to other members, but that is closed now.
Since i am in the middle of my bachelor thesis the gb is on pause.
The first weekend of July ill be starting to discuss shipping and do packiging and shipping 1 by 1.

For anyone who missed this chance, i will be holding a second round with keyboards that are donated. Each board of the donation round will be 2€. I dont know how many or which keyboards will be available but ill let you guys know!
Thanks a lot for the summary (and many many thanks for putting all this in motion, it has been an amazing job and selfless gesture). Good luck with your bachelor thesis!

inozenz

26 Jun 2021, 01:16

Little announcement: so my bachelor thesis is done. The final step will be colloquium on tuesday. After that I'll start the packeging and shipping talk phase. In that phase I will discuss shipping with each one of you and once that is done, I'll start the shipping phase. kissing_heart

Go-Kart

26 Jun 2021, 08:34

Bravo.

hellothere

28 Jun 2021, 00:48

inozenz wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 01:16
Little announcement: so my bachelor thesis is done. The final step will be colloquium on tuesday. After that I'll start the packeging and shipping talk phase. In that phase I will discuss shipping with each one of you and once that is done, I'll start the shipping phase. kissing_heart
Good luck!

inozenz

28 Jun 2021, 00:59

Thank you :)

Shorle

30 Jun 2021, 23:17

I dare to update the most important part on inozenz' behalf before asking my own comparably insignificent question for anyone not partaking on discord: Thesis and colloqium are done! Congratulations to your Bachelor, inozenz!!
Spoiler:
The following information is out of date and is not applicable any more.
That being said I will visit inozenz tomorrow to pick up my share of boards and help inozenz with packing. While I am there I am offering a spacebar equalization service to every board owner, where I swap out the heavy spacebar spring and stem of your boards with a normal spring and stem of a spare board of mine without desoldering the whole switch. This is a harmless procedure and even if I do mess up I can allways resort back to giving you an untouched keyboard of my spare ones.

I am offering this as a service but mainly for selfish reasons: I am trying to get enough heavy green stems (off DEC / linear SI boards) to build a Space Invader Keyboard with only green spacebar stems. Yes, this might seem ridiculous to you but I'd really appreciate your heavy green spacebar stems for my little wanky project.
Please contact me and tell me what I can offer you in return for that said stem, apart from an equalized spacebar on your own board without the odd switch being notably heavier. Thanks

dcopellino

02 Jul 2021, 09:49

Congratulations mate for your bachelor. Here in Italy we are used to saying that from now on you're officially unemployed but with the satisfaction of being called doctor, at least. Yes in Italy we don't need to become PhD to be addressed as dottore....

Bjerrk

02 Jul 2021, 09:53

dcopellino wrote:
Yes in Italy we don't need to become PhD to be addressed as dottore....
Amazing - In Denmark, not even a PhD is enough to earn you the title of Doktor. You need to pursue a yet higher degree for that.

inozenz

02 Jul 2021, 12:43

Hello all,
now that I have time for you again, I would like to start the shipping discussion phase. The purpose of this phase is to remind you that you have to take care of the shipping yourself. That means you look up which parcel service you want to use and let me know. Please note that you must always have a buffer in terms of weight and dimensions. For example, if dhl specifies 31.5kg as the maximum weight, 1.5kg should serve as a buffer. The same applies to the dimensions of the package. If the max dimensions are 80x50x50cm, you should have a maximum of 78x48x48cm. Once you have answered these questions, I am ready to pack your package slowly but surely so that it is ready to be shipped. In case you haven't answered these questions and tell me: "Hey, I have no idea how to do this. i only have one thing to say. Grow up and use your brain! I have mentioned often enough how the procedure will work.

This phase serves as a reminder of what your own responsibilities are. It also serves as a preparation for me. I will not priotise anyone just because they offer me some money. I find such requests disrespectful. I think I have made it abundantly clear that money is not my motivation. But if you want to give me a model f, you will get your package as soon as possible, not!
I decide at what pace the package will be shipped, if I receive a message that in any way implies that you want your package faster, I will make sure that you get your package last!
Of course, I will try to accommodate everyone's wishes, but keep in mind the work that goes into it. I am only one person.

Well, from now on you can write to me directly if you know exactly what your package looks like.

Here is some information I need.
- Name of the supplier
- approximate package weight
- approximate package dimensions
- number of packages
- approximate price per package
- approximate total price

Go-Kart

02 Jul 2021, 14:00

inozenz wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 12:43
I would like to start the shipping discussion phase.

[...]

Well, from now on you can write to me directly if you know exactly what your package looks like.

Here is some information I need.
- Name of the supplier
- approximate package weight
- approximate package dimensions
- number of packages
- approximate price per package
- approximate total price
Excellent. So I'll repost the dimensions and weights of the keyboards here:
inozenz wrote:
17 May 2021, 21:03
https://imgur.com/a/b2FxPU7 single box 29.5x16,5x8cm 0,9kg wholebox 35x34,5x42cm

https://imgur.com/a/HlG5z2T single box 52x19x5cm 1,5kg whole box(10) 54x41x26cm

https://imgur.com/a/naFUuT4 single box 50x22x5,5 1kg whole box(10) 51x54,5x24,5cm
For my British brethren, and potentially European participants too, this website has always served me well:

https://uk.interparcel.com/

As Inozenz has said, over-estimate package weight and dimensions. When we first embarked on this journey together, it appeared that roughly 20 of these keyboards is the cost/value pivot, where the shipping price then jumps significantly adding when adding more weight or going past the dimensions of strapping together 20 of these boards in one large box.

I wager Inozenz will have a lot of fun with his tape gun this summer :lol:

hellothere

02 Jul 2021, 19:42

dcopellino wrote:
Congratulations mate for your bachelor. Here in Italy we are used to saying that from now on you're officially unemployed but with the satisfaction of being called doctor, at least. Yes in Italy we don't need to become PhD to be addressed as dottore....
And more congrats!

inozenz

02 Jul 2021, 22:56

Thank you all😊♥️

inozenz

05 Jul 2021, 01:16

Since I have now been contacted several times as to whether I am prepared to take on everything for them, I have decided to introduce a fee.This fee takes any responsibility and work off your shoulders. you just have to send me your personal information (name, address) for the shipping and i will do the rest. The fee is 15€ per package, so if you have 5 packages it is 75€ that you have to pay extra. For those who want to use this service, just let me know by pm.

Of course I don't force anyone to accept this service, you still have the option to send me the information I received from you in the previous announcement.

Only a few people have written back to me so far, for the people who don't get in touch with me during the shipping discussion phase, I will add this fee as well. This phase will generously last until the end of july. That doesn't mean I'll wait until then to ship. I've already started forming individual packages and getting them ready to ship. as soon as a package is ready to ship and the money has arrived, the package will be shipped.

Some people have asked me what the packaging will look like. i will pack each keyboard in a separate box and fill in the gaps with filler. This also applies to keyboards with high numbers, where i don't take the keyboards out of the boxes of 10 but pack that box in a new separate box and fill the empty space with packing chips. I will make a video about this so that you can see what it looks like.

Shorle

05 Jul 2021, 15:05

For the sake of transparency and to save our community members from overpaying for the keyboards:
You will see keyboards from this lot pop up on various selling sites (ebay etc.) - this is my doing.
I ask anyone of you interested in these boards for a more reasonable price to be patient and only bid on boards and as much as you are willing to pay for - there will be leftovers to be sold but for now I am trying to get the most of the (overpriced?) market value and recoup some of my investment in this GB and other keyboard projects.

Myoth

05 Jul 2021, 15:25

Shorle wrote:
For the sake of transparency and to save our community members from overpaying for the keyboards:
You will see keyboards from this lot pop up on various selling sites (ebay etc.) - this is my doing.
I ask anyone of you interested in these boards for a more reasonable price to be patient and only bid on boards and as much as you are willing to pay for - there will be leftovers to be sold but for now I am trying to get the most of the (overpriced?) market value and recoup some of my investment in this GB and other keyboard projects.
lol.

tinnie

05 Jul 2021, 15:39

Myoth wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 15:25
Shorle wrote:
lol.
Troll bid incoming.

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Jul 2021, 16:04

Shorle wrote:
Who asked?

Return to “Keyboards”