5000 AZERTY Keyboards NOS

an_achronism

06 Jul 2021, 01:29

photekq wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 16:04
Who asked?
Some people are laying into him on Discord, so I guess they did.

inozenz

13 Jul 2021, 15:13

Since I want to make everything as transparent as possible, I have created this document. I hope nothing is missing, if you have already submitted your information but it is not in the list, please write to me again directly.
The list shows the current status. If there are any changes, they will be entered in the evening.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I have already received the filling material, but unfortunately the delivery of the cardboard boxes takes longer. That's my fault, I didn't pay attention to the delivery time when I placed the order. Generally, the cost of a box is around €4 +- €1. There is no real order, but I would like to get rid of the bigger orders first so that I can get the smaller orders done in one go. If you have an order of 20-27 keyboards, you are also part of the bigger order. Everything else is medium or small.

Go-Kart

13 Jul 2021, 23:30

inozenz wrote:
Since I want to make everything as transparent as possible, I have created this document. I hope nothing is missing, if you have already submitted your information but it is not in the list, please write to me again directly.
The list shows the current status. If there are any changes, they will be entered in the evening.

I have already received the filling material, but unfortunately the delivery of the cardboard boxes takes longer. That's my fault, I didn't pay attention to the delivery time when I placed the order. Generally, the cost of a box is around €4 +- €1. There is no real order, but I would like to get rid of the bigger orders first so that I can get the smaller orders done in one go. If you have an order of 20-27 keyboards, you are also part of the bigger order. Everything else is medium or small.
O.K., probably something I've missed on Discord, what're the extra details about "snacks"? Has this turned into a keyboard/bratwurst hybrid group buy!?

headphone_jack

14 Jul 2021, 00:05

Shorle wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 15:05
For the sake of transparency and to save our community members from overpaying for the keyboards:
You will see keyboards from this lot pop up on various selling sites (ebay etc.) - this is my doing.
I ask anyone of you interested in these boards for a more reasonable price to be patient and only bid on boards and as much as you are willing to pay for - there will be leftovers to be sold but for now I am trying to get the most of the (overpriced?) market value and recoup some of my investment in this GB and other keyboard projects.
hehe

inozenz

14 Jul 2021, 00:42

Go-Kart wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 23:30
inozenz wrote:

O.K., probably something I've missed on Discord, what're the extra details about "snacks"? Has this turned into a keyboard/bratwurst hybrid group buy!?
A member asked me kindly if it was possible to get some German candy and I said yes. Sooo if anyone wants some german snacks let me know!

Go-Kart

14 Jul 2021, 07:41

How fun.

hellothere

16 Jul 2021, 19:35

inozenz wrote:
A member asked me kindly if it was possible to get some German candy and I said yes. Sooo if anyone wants some german snacks let me know!
What's a good German candy/snack that should be introduced to folks in the US?

inozenz

17 Jul 2021, 11:06

hellothere wrote:
inozenz wrote:
To be honest i have no idea what you guys are missing, I have never been to the US.
But i heard from a lot of ppl that the same chocolate bar tastes very differnetly, due to higher quality ingredients.

Here is a list of snacks. Maybe you'll find something interesting.
https://filiale.kaufland.de/sortiment/d ... =1_13.html

A few things might be out of season, in that case ill try to match it with a proper replacement for you.

PM me with a link and ill make it happen.

Bjerrk

17 Jul 2021, 11:11

inozenz wrote:
But i heard from a lot of ppl that the same chocolate bar tastes very differnetly, due to higher quality ingredients.
Butyric acid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... so_bad_in/

Royal Society of Chemistry: The taste of American chocolate divides continents. Louise Crane reveals the ingredient that explains why ...

inozenz

17 Jul 2021, 11:14

Bjerrk wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Butyric acid.

yeah fresh milk makes the difference xD

maxmalkav
dye hard

17 Jul 2021, 14:50

Bjerrk wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Butyric acid.

Royal Society of Chemistry: The taste of American chocolate divides continents. Louise Crane reveals the ingredient that explains why ...
Definitely.

A couple of years ago I bought a couple of Hershey's chocolate bars to see how American chocolate was. I had the feeling it was made with milk gone bad :( After this I did a bit of research and I saw I was not alone about this.

Tangentially related, I was curious to taste the (in)famous Twinkies and I got a box in UK, I was surprised about the crazy amount of sugar they put in them.

Go-Kart

17 Jul 2021, 17:47

I must admit to liking Twinkies. I tend to not buy them as they as they're pretty expensive here in the U.K. and I'm almost always in training, so my diet is fairly strict. I can quite easily slay a whole box of Twinkies though...

marfrit

24 Jul 2021, 09:16

hellothere wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Chocolate. Hershey's is a greasy mess in a bar.

hellothere

24 Jul 2021, 17:49

I talked with a friend of mine who's from Germany. She recommended Haribo gummies.

inozenz

24 Jul 2021, 18:18

I made a huge mistake!
When I finished a few packages today, the weight of the boxes seemed very suspicious to me. At home I weighed the package and it was just under 40kg.

I only now realized that I weighed the keyboards without their own packaging.
The AT keyboards do not weigh 1kg but 1.4kg. This is a huge difference and logistically a very big problem.

I do not have the weights of each keyboard now ready but on Monday I will weigh and measure everything again so I can be 100% sure.

The shipping talk phase I therefore extend by a week.

I am sorry that you now have to do some of the work twice.

Expect my next announcement on Monday evening!

tinnie

24 Jul 2021, 18:34

hellothere wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Negerkuss!!! So goooodddddd

inozenz

26 Jul 2021, 13:14

Here are the new measurements, these already include some buffer in terms of dimensions and weight, so you don't have to pay attention to that.

AT: 1.5kg / 50cm x 20cm x 5cm
DEC: 1.9kg / 52cm x 20cm x 5cm
SS: 1.1kg / 30cm x 17cm x 8cm

You can assume that the transport box weighs about 1.7kg, as it has double-wall thickness.

Have fun calculating. In some cases, where only a few keyboards were purchased, the whole thing doesn't matter, but for larger orders, it's a different story. If 3 packages were originally planned, 4 may be needed due to the weight.
Sorry again, my guess is that the bachelor thesis used all my brain capacity :P

dcopellino

31 Jul 2021, 09:59

In some cases, where only a few keyboards were purchased, the whole thing doesn't matter, but for larger orders, it's a different story. If 3 packages were originally planned, 4 may be needed due to the weight.
Would you be more precise about few keyboards.... What do you mean?
May I assume a single packaging for my 10 keebs. Otherwise how many?
Thanks

inozenz

31 Jul 2021, 17:03

dcopellino wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 09:59
In some cases, where only a few keyboards were purchased, the whole thing doesn't matter, but for larger orders, it's a different story. If 3 packages were originally planned, 4 may be needed due to the weight.
Would you be more precise about few keyboards.... What do you mean?
May I assume a single packaging for my 10 keebs. Otherwise how many?
Thanks
Your 10 keyboards weighted more then 10kg but less then 30kg and now they still weight more then 10kg but less then 30kg. But for ppl who had 25 keyboards and thought their keyboards weight around 30kg, now weight around 40kg. Which means they need to consider if they want 2 packages or drop a few keyboards to have only 1 package.

inozenz

07 Aug 2021, 10:53

Some of you wanted to donate some keyboards, if you don't let me know which keyboards you wanted to donate, I'll pack them all up. Also, tomorrow is the last day to tell me the information I wanted, otherwise I will force you the 15€ per package service and even if you tell me the information afterwards. I think I have given you more than enough time. From Monday the official shipping phase starts. 2/6 of the keyboards have already found their home. In the coming phase I will increase my efforts.

Once again to clarify how the whole thing works.

1. i pack your package
2. i will inform you that your package is packed
3. you send me the money to ship, in the amount I tell you and address data
4. i ship the package

What is the cost of shipping?

1. shipping cost
2. carton cost (about 4,50€)
3. filling material cost (depending on volume)
4. flat rate tape cost ( small cent amount)
5. snack cost if it was desired

hellothere

16 Sep 2021, 17:15

Just wanted to drop in a note. I'm in Arizona, which is in the far southwest corner of the USA. I'm getting 11 keyboards, IIRC. 19.5kg. I paid for the inozenz service package.

Parcel was dropped off at DHL in Germany on September 4. USPS says it'll be delivered to me tomorrow. That's less than two weeks. Very impressive. Also, this group buy started in May. I've not been a part of a group buy before, but I've watched some on Drop and other places. 4 months is fantastic.

So, I'm a happy camper. I'm eager to tear one of these KBs apart and see what they have!

inozenz

18 Sep 2021, 07:54

hellothere wrote:
Just wanted to drop in a note. I'm in Arizona, which is in the far southwest corner of the USA. I'm getting 11 keyboards, IIRC. 19.5kg. I paid for the inozenz service package.

Parcel was dropped off at DHL in Germany on September 4. USPS says it'll be delivered to me tomorrow. That's less than two weeks. Very impressive. Also, this group buy started in May. I've not been a part of a group buy before, but I've watched some on Drop and other places. 4 months is fantastic.

So, I'm a happy camper. I'm eager to tear one of these KBs apart and see what they have!
I'm surprised my self, that smaller boxes take only 2 weeks from Germany to the us. And shipping to anywhere in Europe takes only 1 week. Also considering the time I wasn't able to do anything because of my thesis we could shorten down the time frame. I'm hoping to finish this project within this year. Wish me luck!

inozenz

18 Sep 2021, 08:19

Big update for today on the shipping list check it out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Go-Kart

18 Sep 2021, 09:55

inozenz wrote:
Big update for today on the shipping list check it out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
You're making great progress my dude; keep up the good work.

Muirium
µ

18 Sep 2021, 11:15

Go-Kart wrote:
Indeed! And thanks for reminding me that I'm in this GB. :lol:

According to the spreadsheet, I haven't provided my details (shipping address?) yet. How do I fix that or should I just wait till I'm asked?

inozenz

18 Sep 2021, 11:26

Muirium wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 11:15
Go-Kart wrote:
Indeed! And thanks for reminding me that I'm in this GB. :lol:

According to the spreadsheet, I haven't provided my details (shipping address?) yet. How do I fix that or should I just wait till I'm asked?
Too late for that, I announced it a few times and gave a generous amount of time(1,5 month). I already did the calculations and looked up best shipping option. You'll have to pay a little fee unfortunately😅 the amount is also in the announcement. I'll pm you and we can talk things out if it doesn't suit you. I'm open for discussion ♥️

inozenz

Go-Kart wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Thank you, I'm trying my best to provide you guys with an early Christmas present ❤️

Muirium
µ

18 Sep 2021, 11:31

inozenz wrote:
Too late for that, I announced it a few times and gave a generous amount of time(1,5 month). I already did the calculations and looked up best shipping option. You'll have to pay a little fee unfortunately😅 the amount is also in the announcement. I'll pm you and we can talk things out if it doesn't suit you. I'm open for discussion ♥️
I've just been inactive (very distracted this summer) and all that flew past me. Get in touch, good sir! As I remember, I paid you almost nothing anyway. These were a real steal, and shipping was always going to cost more than the hardware. Like old times! :)

hellothere

18 Sep 2021, 20:01

inozenz wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 07:54
hellothere wrote:

I'm surprised my self, that smaller boxes take only 2 weeks from Germany to the us. And shipping to anywhere in Europe takes only 1 week. Also considering the time I wasn't able to do anything because of my thesis we could shorten down the time frame. I'm hoping to finish this project within this year. Wish me luck!
USPS reversed themselves on the tracking website and the "scheduled for delivery on 09/17" note has been removed. :cry:

But, at least the keyboards are in the US. I just don't know where they currently are. :)

inozenz

25 Sep 2021, 20:16

We have hit a milestone today. Half of the boards have been either picked up or shipped already. 😊

Return to “Keyboards”