5000 AZERTY Keyboards NOS

raoulduke-esq

13 May 2021, 21:46

If someone buys this horde and is willing to sell/ship to the USA I'd be interested in a couple.

inozenz

13 May 2021, 21:55

That dude is 3 hours away from me. I'm seriously thinking about driving to his location... And snack 200 boards...

TNT

5000?! Hahahaha, that's absurd!

I'm also willing to participate financially if that helps. Like someone already said, I like the idea of flooding the market with cheap, NOS space invader boards. Less than two hours from my place, but I don't have enough space to store 4-5 pallets of keyboards, unfortunately :duck:
Last edited by TNT on 13 May 2021, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Lalaland124

13 May 2021, 21:58

inozenz wrote:
That dude is 3 hours away from me. I'm seriously thinking about driving to his location... And snack 200 boards...
He's not that far from a friend of mine either, who also could get his hands on a little bus to transport these things so getting them isn't the problem but storing and reselling on the other hand well... :D

And if the bus doesn't work out let's just all jump on the train with 5000 boards, I think Deutsche Bahn would be quite happy :lol:

inozenz

13 May 2021, 22:03

Lalaland124 wrote:
inozenz wrote:
He's not that far from a friend of mine either, who also could get his hands on a little bus to transport these things so getting them isn't the problem but storing and reselling on the other hand well... :D

And if the bus doesn't work out let's just all jump on the train with 5000 boards, I think Deutsche Bahn would be quite happy :lol:
HAHAHA Deutsch Bahn is a "Hxhrensohn" xD

Lalaland124

13 May 2021, 22:07

inozenz wrote:
Lalaland124 wrote:
inozenz wrote:

I've seen videos of people transporting couches and beds on the NY subway during rushour, so if they can do that we can transport 5000 keyboards with Deutsche Bahn :D

(Although we would probably be faster by foot considering their amaaazing schedule)

inozenz

13 May 2021, 22:12

Lalaland124 wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Lalaland124 wrote:

I've seen videos of people transporting couches and beds on the NY subway during rushour, so if they can do that we can transport 5000 keyboards with Deutsche Bahn :D
Dude we are talking about freaking 5000 keyboards xD 1,5-2kg 1 keyboard thats 7,5-10tons :O jesus.
My student ticket doesn't cover this thiccness xD

Yeah lets not talk about the schedules

headphone_jack

13 May 2021, 22:17

I could potentially help out with some of the cost, as well as some storage space. I am in the US though, so unless we want to buy a cargo container then I doubt I would be viable.

Lalaland124

inozenz wrote:
Lalaland124 wrote:
inozenz wrote:

Dude we are talking about freaking 5000 keyboards xD 1,5-2kg 1 keyboard thats 7,5-10tons :O jesus.
Well should've considered that, guess we have to upgrade to Bahncard500 then :D

Jokes aside I could definitely find someone to transport them if we find somebody who can store them :)

inozenz

13 May 2021, 22:20

Lalaland124 wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Lalaland124 wrote:

Well should've considered that, guess we have to upgrade to Bahncard500 then :D

Jokes aside I could definitely find someone to transport them if we find somebody who can store them :)
I can defenitly store them in Velbert for a few month. (half a year maybe a little longer)

But i think getting the money together is a bigger problem.

TheInverseKey

13 May 2021, 22:23

If we could get better pictures around the IC keyboard controller then I would be able to provide more information about the keyboards.

Go-Kart

13 May 2021, 22:45

I'd be interested in chipping in. £50. I've got a bit of space to store a few for other members who wish to partake but couldn't receive them immediately. I'm in the U.K., willing to proxy some over to the U.S., or anywhere ever else for fellow DT members if needed.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

13 May 2021, 22:51

headphone_jack wrote:
13 May 2021, 21:45
Whoever gets them, for the love of god don't sell them at whatever current market for NOS space invaders is. We have a unique opportunity to crash the market and still make a profit with how cheap these are, lets not waste it!
lmao you just gave me the thought of some ebay seller with 5000 inventory selling for $300 BIN each and not taking any offers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muirium
µ

13 May 2021, 23:42

Bulk discount: €1m for the whole lot. Must take entire inventory.

4_404

14 May 2021, 01:05

Not in Europe so useless with respect to the difficult transport and storage problem but like others I would certainly throw in a couple of hundred $/€ to save these if we can get a few shipped internationally.

headphone_jack

14 May 2021, 01:06

Redmaus wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:
Whoever gets them, for the love of god don't sell them at whatever current market for NOS space invaders is. We have a unique opportunity to crash the market and still make a profit with how cheap these are, lets not waste it!
lmao you just gave me the thought of some ebay seller with 5000 inventory selling for $300 BIN each and not taking any offers :lol: :lol: :lol:
>andj00

raoulduke-esq

14 May 2021, 03:20

headphone_jack wrote:
14 May 2021, 01:06
Redmaus wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:
>andj00
Yeah like this… https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-NOS-Acer-6 ... 3958306536

Or maybe will gut them and sell their disembodied corpses on eBay instead like all his other listings. Most tragic is the Video Writer in box without keyboard for sale alongside another listing for the remains of a Video Writer keyboard. Reminds me of western settlers killing a buffalo and only taking the tongue and leaving the rest to rot on the prarie.

Tritian

14 May 2021, 08:02

so uhh yeah i'd love one or two haha

I live in San Francisco and have almost zero space unfortunately...

inozenz

14 May 2021, 08:53

I think the space is only needed here in Germany, which we have. Looks like transportation is also there. All we need is funds if I am not mistaken.

Regarding logistics to other members from around the globe could be split among other German Dt members to make it easier.

Rhododendron

14 May 2021, 09:03

This will go down in DT history i'm sure! I also live in bavaria, I could transport a few hundred with my dad's van.

dcopellino

14 May 2021, 09:06

I smell a rat here.
If you have so many keyboards why do you show a pic of a broken one?
Why didn't you take a pic of the pallets?
These are just the first two big doubts this post makes me think while I read it, not without some fun.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2021, 09:46

I made a little bit of research and am mquite sure I found out the identity of the seller. Seems legit.

inozenz

14 May 2021, 10:45

He has literally listed his address, I'm sure it's more then legit.

inozenz

14 May 2021, 11:40

I will talk to this guy in the afternoon and try to negotiate a little. Also it's important to know how many keyboards might be damaged. There is a fair chance that all of the boards have the same damage and this is just a faulty batch, which got discarded, who knows.
And if not, it would be good to know how the dimensions and weight of a single pallete is.

Lets say 10% is damaged and usless we could still use parts of the keyboard for replacements(switches/keycaps/controllers etc.)

I've created a google table for potential contributors, with their respective amounts. You can always dm me or post here so i can add someone or delete.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by inozenz on 14 May 2021, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Bjerrk

14 May 2021, 12:08

inozenz wrote:
I've created a google table for potential contributors, with their respective amounts. You can always dm me or post here so i can add someone or delete.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Good call. Right now, the document is "invited only", i.e. you have to request access to view it. I don't know if that was on purpose?

inozenz

14 May 2021, 12:10

Bjerrk wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Good call. Right now, the document is "invited only", i.e. you have to request access to view it. I don't know if that was on purpose?
Ups, never really used it. let me check.
Is this better?

Now everyone should be able to edit the Table wh owns the link

Bjerrk

14 May 2021, 12:17

inozenz wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:10
Bjerrk wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Ups, never really used it. let me check.
Is this better?

Now everyone should be able to edit the Table wh owns the link
Yep, that works!

Muirium
µ

14 May 2021, 12:20

The table is strictly for the fundraising part, not about storage / shipping? With so many Americans interested (and all us non-Germans for that matter) some of us are a lot less useful than others. :lol:

inozenz

14 May 2021, 12:26

Muirium wrote:
The table is strictly for the fundraising part, not about storage / shipping? With so many Americans interested (and all us non-Germans for that matter) some of us are a lot less useful than others. :lol:
After my call with the seller, i'll know how much we would need for the keyboards alone. The seller also offers to drive the cargo to any location for some money. I'll ask about all that stuff.
The money we are raising are for the keyboards and the fee to get the keyboards to the storage.
I think its more then fair to ask for 0.10-0.20€ more per keyboard for these fees.
Regarding storage, i would be willing to do this part for free for any member for about half a year, but i would need help to distribute all the keyboards to the other members. Money for shipping and packeging must be provided aswell, but this can happen after we safe the boards.
Obviously the keyboards are located in germany and distributing the keyboard in eu is no problem at all, one member form uk said he could proxy to the us.

Quail_lord

14 May 2021, 12:50

inozenz wrote:
14 May 2021, 12:26
Muirium wrote:
After my call with the seller, i'll know how much we would need for the keyboards alone. The seller also offers to drive the cargo to any location for some money. I'll ask about all that stuff.
The money we are raising are for the keyboards and the fee to get the keyboards to the storage.
I think its more then fair to ask for 0.10-0.20€ more per keyboard for these fees.
Regarding storage, i would be willing to do this part for free for any member for about half a year, but i would need help to distribute all the keyboards to the other members. Money for shipping and packeging must be provided aswell, but this can happen after we safe the boards.
Obviously the keyboards are located in germany and distributing the keyboard in eu is no problem at all, one member form uk said he could proxy to the us.
One of the guys I work with have some contacts in Germany and -MAY- be able to assist with shipping and frights, I've thought about this all day and my suggestion would be to find key people in countries to set up group buys, this way we can
1. Get an idea on how many people initially want the keyboards
2. Recoup some initial value so we arnt paying completely out of pocket for these

Once we know the intrest in key countries we could probably put initial buy in on group buys at 40 USD + a % in the overall shipping costs (I'm Australian but for this sake easier to use USD)
And then once the group buys are over and value has been recouped then absolutely flood eBay with SI keyboards

Return to “Keyboards”