DIY Zenith XT keyboard converter

Rami

15 May 2021, 06:11

I got this classic Black label Zenith Z-150 a while ago and gave it a decent restoration, I can't wait to use it! I'm currently building a converter box for it based on a Teensy 2.0 since this is one of those keyboards that don't like the Soarer's converters. I am new to this whole process of loading hex files onto the Teensy though. Is it as simple as plugging the board into the computer with a USB cable and dragging the xt_usb.hex onto the loader? Or do I need to do additional stuff like with Arduino and such?
Attachments
E1ZpHeDWUAAUjHG.jpg
E1ZpHeDWUAAUjHG.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1153 times

Jacobalbertus1

15 May 2021, 06:42

you will need to use a special firmware that is written on the forum somewhere with the reset like and some pull up resistors its been over a year since I have done this keyboard,

Rami

15 May 2021, 07:04

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
15 May 2021, 06:42
you will need to use a special firmware that is written on the forum somewhere with the reset like and some pull up resistors its been over a year since I have done this keyboard,
Ah cool, thanks! I've got the resistors, and the 5 wires with me and am waiting on the DIN socket. Also found a firmware on the forum (called xt_usb_lufa.hex). I'm just not sure how to flash the teensy. Is it just a matter of dragging the hex file over and hitting the button on the teensy?

Rami

15 May 2021, 08:21

I think I got it! Just need to solder everything together and find a box to put everything in.
Attachments
SnapCrab_NoName_2021-5-15_1-15-33_No-00.png
SnapCrab_NoName_2021-5-15_1-15-33_No-00.png (26.08 KiB) Viewed 1106 times

Return to “Keyboards”