EK shows Leopold on site

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

01 Mar 2011, 15:13

Link

Nothing more than that pic and that description.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Mar 2011, 17:59

Now, with the Amazon deal around, it will all depend on the price.

ironman31

01 Mar 2011, 18:02

Does this mean there won't be any full size leopolds..?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Mar 2011, 18:05

The full-sized Leopold (besides the very old one) is not even out in Korea yet, as far as I know. Besides a few review samples.

itlnstln

01 Mar 2011, 18:14

sixty wrote:The full-sized Leopold (besides the very old one) is not even out in Korea yet, as far as I know. Besides a few review samples.
That would be a shame. I'll have to hold off on checking one out. On a better note, imsto is taking a "group" order for Pokers on the 'Hack. I put myself down for one with browns.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Mar 2011, 23:32

Leopold (full sized) have now also been announced for Japan. Standard model also includes red switches. I guess chances are that EK will also get them sooner or later. Though I believe the market for full sized boards to be minimal in the US. At least going by the amount of "omg tenkeyless plz" comments that came up when KeyboardCo only stocked full size models.

woody
Count Troller

04 Mar 2011, 12:31

It's always what isn't available that is so "demanded".

SmokinWaffle

04 Mar 2011, 14:40

What exactly is the difference between these and Filco's?

Shazb0t

04 Mar 2011, 15:50

I've heard that EK may be offering a Cherry Red switch version. Is there an proof to that statement?

arcanius

04 Mar 2011, 16:36

I've also heard that, but after much lurking, haven't seen any proof. Just because they're offered in Asia doesn't mean they'll pop up in the USA, but we can hope! :)
I wonder if the price on Leopolds will increase after March 7th. It better not.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Mar 2011, 16:45

Well, it does say pre-order price... so probably will change a bit. Though Majestouch said on geekhack that the orignial plan was always around the $100 range.

xshnoopy

04 Mar 2011, 21:48

100 + shipping looks pretty good

Bern

05 Mar 2011, 00:00

Hope it doesn't change too much. Makes it very tempting.

caprolactone

05 Mar 2011, 03:45

How much does EK charge for shipping (in US)? Deciding whether to get this or DAS (w/ the student discount and free shipping), seems like both will be similar price factoring shipping. Any suggestions?

OrphaGn

05 Mar 2011, 03:54

Shipping from EK for my FIlcotenkeyless was about $10.50 via UPS Ground.
I'm hoping EK does stock some Leopold's with Reds.

JinDesu

05 Mar 2011, 07:24

The Otaku looks so good

Toast

06 Mar 2011, 22:25

I wonder if it's worth staying up a bit to see if there's a update at midnight for the pre-orders. I don't wanna miss it. Hmm... HMM.

EZjiji

06 Mar 2011, 23:17

Hm...EK is based in PST meaning it wont be midnight there until 3:00am here... -_-;

CephalicCarnage

06 Mar 2011, 23:29

caprolactone wrote:How much does EK charge for shipping (in US)? Deciding whether to get this or DAS (w/ the student discount and free shipping), seems like both will be similar price factoring shipping. Any suggestions?
Shipping should be $10-12 or so for ground. Out to Hawaii it looks like it'll be in the $20-30 range :(

I was wondering the same thing; whether to go with Leopold or Das (w/ student discount)... I'm probably going to end up getting both in the end but I'm definitely putting in a pre-order for a Leopold!
EZjiji wrote:Hm...EK is based in PST meaning it wont be midnight there until 3:00am here... -_-;
Oh yeah! Guess that means it'll be 10pm or so for me out in Hawaii.

Can't wait!

ripster

07 Mar 2011, 02:59

SmokinWaffle wrote:What exactly is the difference between these and Filco's?
Before Majestouch said Filcos were better. Now that he is selling Leopolds I'm sure he'll say Leopolds are better. I thought his comparison of Holtek and Cypress controllers was stretching it a bit but since I have the same Cypress in a bunch of stuff (Blue Cube, Nostromo N52, Kinesis Keypad) I am KimcheeLeet according to the Asian Forums.

In any case, don't sweat the details.

espritsc

07 Mar 2011, 05:26

I wonder why he stopped selling the filco's though. It was during the time when a lot of people were interested in buying that he cut (or ran out of) supply.

CephalicCarnage

07 Mar 2011, 09:07

Pre-orders are up! Just put in my order.

xshnoopy

07 Mar 2011, 09:55

ughhh cant decide if i should order one or not T.T

Brummell

07 Mar 2011, 15:00

CephalicCarnage wrote:Pre-orders are up! Just put in my order.
Me too, this is my first tenkeyless. I'm getting entirely too much stuff on my desk, I'm going to start replacing things with tenkeyless across the board.

kachaffeous

07 Mar 2011, 17:22

is there going to be a mx-red version?

pita

07 Mar 2011, 20:40

SmokinWaffle wrote:What exactly is the difference between these and Filco's?
It seems the quality is comparable between the two, even if not quite on par with Filco, the $99 price tag is only fair.

ripster

07 Mar 2011, 21:21

Agreed.

Although I will say that the Duckys/PLU-87/Noppoo/Pokers all looked better to me before they actually started shipping. In the "Second Wave" they seem to all end up on Geekhack Classifieds.

Shazb0t

07 Mar 2011, 22:16

kachaffeous wrote:is there going to be a mx-red version?
I hope so, I'll be first in line.

EZjiji

08 Mar 2011, 00:15

espritsc wrote:I wonder why he stopped selling the filco's though. It was during the time when a lot of people were interested in buying that he cut (or ran out of) supply.
http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=303876&postcount=51
http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=303905&postcount=65
http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=303911&postcount=68
His posts. Not everything is relevant, but I'm sure you'll find your answer.

gorb

08 Mar 2011, 02:45

Shazb0t wrote:
kachaffeous wrote:is there going to be a mx-red version?
I hope so, I'll be first in line.
I'll be right behind you, depending on the price of the red majestouch v2 :D

Return to “Keyboards”