!HELP Dactyl manuform not working

alourie

05 Jun 2021, 05:15

Dear community!

Long time lurker, first-time asker. I've been convinced by the universe that I need a split mechanical keeb, and that a Dactyl is a good way to go.

I've got mine pretty unexpectedly from a person who didn't want it anymore. Switches and caps aside, it's split, and it's mechanical, so it has a lot going for it. The problem I'm having is that it was initially built a couple of years ago, and flashed accordingly (with old qmk). The keys were in some weird key locations for my taste, so I decided to reflash it. Flashed it with the default 5x6 keymap without any issues.

At the moment I'm connecting 2 halves both to the computer via USB cable; the halves are not connected between them.

Flashing is going fine. The problem is that after the flashing the keyboard is not doing anything. Both halves are detected by the computer (Linux, fedora, updated, and Win10 laptop), but nothing is happening, no keys are getting registered.

Please help!

gipetto

05 Jun 2021, 23:13

swap the diode direction in the qmk code and see what happens, ROW2COL or COL2ROW. it's a common mistake for builders to make.
if that doesn't work you'll need to copy down the pinout and manually edit into the code, or if you don't want to maintain a unique code then change the wiring to match the qmk code.
if you want to see if the arduinos are working then you could upload the arduino blink sketch, and check for a flashing led.

Return to “Keyboards”