Any way to disable sleep / power saver mode on hhkb hybrid?

MarnelKelis

07 Jun 2021, 10:38

I noticed that if I am using my hhkb hybrid wirelessly that it will shut off after not being used for a certain amount of time. Is there any way to disable this so that the keyboard only turns off when I manually shut it off? I find that I have to turn my keyboard back on several times a day. At the very least, is there some way to increase the length of time before it shuts off?

[spam links removed and user banned by mod :mrgreen: ]
Last edited by MarnelKelis on 09 Jun 2021, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

vincent

07 Jun 2021, 21:07

Assuming PFU keeps the DIP switch configuration consistent between its various models, SW6 can be considered to be the setting for a “keepalive” function. In the default OFF position, the keyboard will power off after 30 minutes of inactivity unless the keyboard is plugged in, in which case, the keyboard stays on. In the ON position, the keyboard stays on until you hold the power button to turn it off.

Edited to add: the official documentation for SW6 is a little confusing. For the HHKB Pro BT, SW6 ON was defined as “WAKE UP ENABLE” and SW6 OFF was defined as “WAKE UP DISABLE” (this is in the original Japanese documentation). Probably just something lost in translation, but this should really be read as “STAY AWAKE” and “DO NOT STAY AWAKE”. I believe this is the historical reason current documentation defines OFF as “enable power saving” and ON as “disable power saving”. Seems like it should be the opposite, right? But yeah, that’s probably the reason.

Return to “Keyboards”