New Model M lock lights

apastuszak

08 Jun 2021, 00:15

I ordered a New Model M from Unicomp and got the alternate lock light sticker and paid the keyboard customization fee to have them apply it.

Instead, they sent me a New Model M with the sticker that blocks ALL the LEDs.

I reached out to Unicomp. They mailed me a new sticker and refunded the keyboard customization fee.

The sticker arrived in the mail today and I just stuck it on.

NONE of the lock lights work. I'm wondering if Unicomp may have somehow disabled the LEDs internally. Is there a jumper inside that I may need to set in order to enable to the LEDs?

I opened a support ticker with Unicomp, but it's after 6:00 PM here on the east coast, and I am sure they're closed by now.

Weezer

08 Jun 2021, 00:26

It's possible the ribbon cable is unplugged if there is one. Other than that, I think your best bet would be to wait for them to get back to you as opposed to opening it up and potentially voiding support for it.

apastuszak

02 Aug 2022, 02:17

I never followed up on this.

Whoever overlaid the sticker opened up the keyboard and clipped one of the two leads on the LED for all 3 LEDs.

I convinced Unicomp to send me a new controller board by sending them a picture of my 5.5mm screwdriver. I swapped it out, tossed the old board out, and now I have working lock lights.

Return to “Keyboards”