Water damage Realforce R2 (PFU Limited)

bchiang

03 Jul 2021, 23:54

Bought a Realforce R2 (PFU Limited) from The Fujitsu Scanner Store over a month ago. I spilled a bit of water on the top-left part of the keyboard (the blue region). Unfortunately, now the keys located in the red region do not work anymore. All the other keys work fine.

I unplugged the keyboard and let it dry for a few days, and I've also tried cleaning the PCB with isopropyl alcohol. Both don't seem to have helped.

I'm also planning on reaching out to Fujitsu at their Technical Assistance Center, but I'm wondering if there are any other fixes that I should try to do on my own.

Any suggestions appreciated — thanks!

IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0438.jpg (569.89 KiB) Viewed 961 times

Evilcamels

07 Jul 2021, 18:19

Can you share a photo of the PCB under the domes/springs (and the springs/dome interior)? Usually cleaning all 3 components will fix such an issue.

Go-Kart

07 Jul 2021, 18:23

Evilcamels wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 18:19
Can you share a photo of the PCB under the domes/springs (and the springs/dome interior)? Usually cleaning all 3 components will fix such an issue.
Whilst I haven't had to deal with such an issue myself, I have been inside enough Topre boards and have a good enough appreciation of how they work to say that the above suggestion should remedy the problem.

Return to “Keyboards”