Thoughts on a basic keyboard for a beginner?

SorimBela

14 Jul 2021, 09:12

Hey guys! I want to build my first custom mechanical keyboard, I'm currently using a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition v2, but it started giving me problems like double typing and i think that Razer Orange switches are not that great feedback wise.

I'm still wondering about picking a 80 or 60 percent keyboard, as I'm a programmer and I use the arrows very often,.

I think I want some black blank keycaps, and some rgb in the back is not necessary, but i would like if it wouldn't skyrocket the price...
[spam removed by moderator]

I came for your expertise.
Last edited by SorimBela on 16 Jul 2021, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Bjerrk

14 Jul 2021, 09:38

paperWasp

14 Jul 2021, 11:49

X-posting (cross posting) is indeed a form of spam but I can understand why OP wants to collect opinions from different communities.

Look at my short comparison of two tenkeyless keyboards I use for professional professional programming work.

Findecanor

14 Jul 2021, 11:56

The other post was a year old. When people cross-post to multiple communities, they usually do it in the same week.
Also, the format of the username follows the pattern that these spambots use.

paperWasp

14 Jul 2021, 12:12

OK, didn't check the date.
I just wonder what's the purpose of such a spambot? :? It doesn't provide any links and just adds an item to a discussion board.

Bjerrk

14 Jul 2021, 12:14

paperWasp wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 11:49
X-posting (cross posting) is indeed a form of spam but I can understand why OP wants to collect opinions from different communities.

Look at my short comparison of two tenkeyless keyboards I use for professional professional programming work.
In principle, I could agree with you. But it is just not the case.

The forum has been receiving a lot of spam threads lately, and all of them follow the exact same format. This is why I immediately knew that it was spam, and thus Googled the first sentence of the thread to find it repeated elsewhere.

The modus operandi is this:
* The user has a username of the form XxxxxYyyyy (camel case)
* A post from another forum is reycled
* After people have replied to the post for a while, the content is appended with spam links to dubious websites.

TNT

14 Jul 2021, 12:31

+ they sometimes have these shady links included in their profile's contact information

rpl

14 Jul 2021, 22:59

Too bad the <spam product> links couldn't be modified to point to anti<spam product> pages, and the account immediately locked, afterwards.

Return to “Keyboards”