I just found EIGHT model M SSKs with stockbroker keycaps!

Fresh_Donus

26 Jul 2021, 02:40

I have been admiring the model m for a few years from afar, but just recently obtained my first boards....And what boards they are! I rescued them from a massive bin of old electronics destined for the dump. Quite a few are missing keycaps, but most of their unique printings are still there! I am interested to know if anyone else owns one of these boards (1395217), because the layout is...Strange. For one, there is a return AND an enter key, as well as a "Quote" key which I love. However, the weirdest thing about this keyboard is the f keys appears to be out of orer on purpose. The dark keys in the middle are f9-f12, while the lighter keys on either side are f1-f4 and f5-f8. The (very few) images of this keyboard I've found online have the f keys put in their proper order, buuuuut ALL EIGHT of the ones I grabbed have them out of order, with the colors properly aligned. Please other owners, let me know! I consider myself extremely lucky to have rescued these, and I'm looking for an adapter or converter to test them (I would appreciate guidance on that subject). I will most likely sell the majority of these after I have tested them, so let me know if any of you are interested. Please post your own rare SSKs if you have one!
8 ssks.jpg
8 ssks.jpg (730.59 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Clean ssk.jpg
Clean ssk.jpg (576.79 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
returnandenter.jpg
returnandenter.jpg (376.08 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
greensublegends.jpg
greensublegends.jpg (378.93 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
quote.jpg
quote.jpg (435.69 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
fkeys.jpg
fkeys.jpg (500.46 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
image_2021-07-25_203935.png
image_2021-07-25_203935.png (3.13 MiB) Viewed 1464 times

mcmaxmcmc

26 Jul 2021, 02:59

Fresh_Donus wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 02:40
Spoiler:
I have been admiring the model m for a few years from afar, but just recently obtained my first boards....And what boards they are! I rescued them from a massive bin of old electronics destined for the dump. Quite a few are missing keycaps, but most of their unique printings are still there! I am interested to know if anyone else owns one of these boards (1395217), because the layout is...Strange. For one, there is a return AND an enter key, as well as a "Quote" key which I love. However, the weirdest thing about this keyboard is the f keys appears to be out of orer on purpose. The dark keys in the middle are f9-f12, while the lighter keys on either side are f1-f4 and f5-f8. The (very few) images of this keyboard I've found online have the f keys put in their proper order, buuuuut ALL EIGHT of the ones I grabbed have them out of order, with the colors properly aligned. Please other owners, let me know! I consider myself extremely lucky to have rescued these, and I'm looking for an adapter or converter to test them (I would appreciate guidance on that subject). I will most likely sell the majority of these after I have tested them, so let me know if any of you are interested. Please post your own rare SSKs if you have one!8 ssks.jpgClean ssk.jpgreturnandenter.jpggreensublegends.jpgquote.jpgfkeys.jpgimage_2021-07-25_203935.png

Wow! What a find, this is! Congrats!

I'd love to get one of these Financial SSKs, one day. I'm not in a rush, though.

I guess I'll look forward to the sale. :D

raoulduke-esq

26 Jul 2021, 03:02

Price?

Fresh_Donus

26 Jul 2021, 03:06

raoulduke-esq wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 03:02
Price?
Not sure yet, I want to test them first, but I'm thinking around $500, just because I've never seen another financial version of this board.

doragon

26 Jul 2021, 04:11

Welcome to the club OP! :) I've found it's really hard to capture the colors of this board's sublegends for some reason. Def one of my favorite keyboards to date.
Spoiler:

raoulduke-esq

29 Jul 2021, 20:31

Fresh_Donus wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 03:06
Not sure yet, I want to test them first, but I'm thinking around $500, just because I've never seen another financial version of this board.
Thanks! Neat sub-legends, but at that price..
iu.jpeg
iu.jpeg (117.35 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Some of the "gotta catch 'em all" folks might be down though!

Return to “Keyboards”