Tipro Trouble

Explorer914

03 Sep 2021, 16:25

Hello

I recently got a computer with a PS2 jack that I planned to use with the Tipro Keyboard that I have.

I've downloaded the Tipro Change me utility.

But I have a problem.

I can't find my keyboard in the list of modules. The keyboard in question is a TMC-KRMCV-C13-010

HC514

03 Sep 2021, 17:43

See if you can import the current layout into the software by using the "Upload" button. At least, that's what works in MIDWIN.

If it doesn't seem to talk to the device properly, you could try a different computer. That's what worked for me in the past.

Explorer914

03 Sep 2021, 18:17

Thanks a lot.

But it doesn't help at all.

In fact, when I poke around in the Tipro software it seems like the program doesn't want to speak with the keyboard.

That's strange because you can use the keyboard as normal. The only thing I can't do is program it. :cry:

HC514

03 Sep 2021, 19:43

I have had a similar experience. As I said, using a different computer helped for me. The one that worked was an old HP t5710 thin client running Windows 98 (I'm fairly certain it was the hardware, not the operating system that made the difference). I wonder if there is something about older PS/2 chipsets that Tipro devices need? The machine that didn't cooperate was a motherboard from around 2008.

Edit: Wait, just to confirm, you are using a 32-bit OS, right? As far as I know, PS/2 Tipro modules require that.

Lanrefni

03 Sep 2021, 23:16

Yup,you need a 32 bit OS to program a Tipro over PS/2,it's not that hard to do,just grab a 32 bit copy of Win 10 from MS using their download tool,then use Win to Usb to create a bootable thumbdrive with the .iso,then you just need to boot up Win 10 on the thumbdrive then install Changme,it's annoying,but it works,also using a VM is not going to work. I keep an old cheap dual core Emachine in my closet for when I need to reprogram mine.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

03 Sep 2021, 23:49

kbdfr wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 11:13
To put it simply, for programming purposes Tipro keyboards with a PS/2 controller require a computer with a 32 bit Windows version (and a native PS/2 socket), while Tipro keyboards with a USB controller require a computer with a 64 bit Windows version.
Once programmed, though, all Tipro keyboards can be used without any software with any operating system, as they register as standard keyboards with their configuration saved internally.

By the way, swapping controllers is a matter of a few minutes and just a Philips screwdriver. […]
https://www.dustin.se/product/501074313 ... o-keyboard
(does not fit the MID range)

Explorer914

04 Sep 2021, 00:35

HC514 wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 19:43
Edit: Wait, just to confirm, you are using a 32-bit OS, right? As far as I know, PS/2 Tipro modules require that.
Well thers my problem. The old computer is a 64-bit Win7 machine. But I assume that you can program it on another computer and still keep all the features. :)

Return to “Keyboards”