TopreNiz Thoughts

RBithrey

16 Sep 2021, 12:52

Hey all,

Currently typing on a Topre Realforce 105U lent to me by The Keyboard Company, and have a new Niz here to hand - literally the first time I've ever used this type of switch, and it feels...rather odd.

I can't actually place my thoughts on these as the 45g force makes it feel like MX Reds but to me, but there's a little more to them if that makes sense. It's unlike anything I've ever used, but I do kinda like it, to be honest.

That Unicomp New Model M I've got though still remains king.

Cheers!

Reece.

Palatino

16 Sep 2021, 13:17

Lent to you by the The Keyboard Company? Did you ask for one to review? (Forgive my ignorance if you’re a famous Youtuber who I haven’t heard of!)

RBithrey

16 Sep 2021, 13:29

Palatino wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 13:17
Lent to you by the The Keyboard Company? Did you ask for one to review? (Forgive my ignorance if you’re a famous Youtuber who I haven’t heard of!)
Indeed so, I'm a freelance writer and it's a case of asking for the product in return for pitches basically.

hellothere

16 Sep 2021, 18:11

Check out viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25640. I piggy-backed onto a review from Go-Kart with my Abko keyboards and Topre Realforce 55g. Summary is that the Nopres feel different from the Topre, but in a good way.

Touch_It

16 Sep 2021, 20:17

i use an abko as my daily driver and quite like it. Id like to do a dome swap on it at some point to bke redux domes, but that that is a story for another day.

hellothere

17 Sep 2021, 00:28

I think that maybe I'll play around with dome swapping and/or different springs in the future, but I haven't played around with the Abko long enough to really want to do this. Aside from the fact that no manufacturer seems to want to install screws in their cases. Snaps. Why does it have to be snaps?

Return to “Keyboards”