kelvinhall05 wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 00:18
wobbled wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 00:16
I thought DT was more mature than this
it was pre 2019
You joined in 2019.
Must I spell anything else out for you?
No, I have a dictionary, thank you very much. And either way, I don't see how that is relevant to your inability to use a computer. It's 2021, like cmon...
The post was edited and the video attachment was fixed in that edit. I refer to my previous point of you learning how to use this forum.
I'm going to stop shitting up this thread with you now, not that it could've gotten much worse.

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 00:21

wobbled wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 00:20
kelvinhall05 wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 00:18
wobbled wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 00:16

You joined in 2019.
Must I spell anything else out for you?
No, I have a dictionary, thank you very much. And either way, I don't see how that is relevant to your inability to use a computer. It's 2021, like cmon...
The post was edited and the video attachment was fixed in that edit. I refer to my previous point of you learning how to use this forum.
I'm going to stop shitting up this thread with you now, not that it could've gotten much worse.
I'm just politely suggesting you learn how to use a computer. Any "shitting up" is entirely your fault :D

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 03:11

Oh btw I found this cool video, what are your thoughts on it?

thousandperfume

20 Oct 2021, 16:12

The recent video Kuritakey made is interesting and I definitely would want to try wax experiments more, I just wish it wasn't so clearly made out of spite... Aren't we getting a bit off topic? I thought we were trying to figure out how to replicate OG lube or find replacements for it? What's with the meaningless name calling and taking sides here? So much teen angst in one video. It's actually so gross to watch for people who don't care about any of that.

2. Regarding chyros' original video: The waxing attempt I'm not going to comment about, since I've had different results with mine, but I wonder if there's a way to replicate the original lubricant as he seemed to present at the beginning. Seems like it might be? Not a chemist here but I don't think we should rule out any actual attempts to recreate the original lube, and vice versa with wax.

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 16:21

thousandperfume wrote:
The recent video Kuritakey made is interesting and I definitely would want to try wax experiments more, I just wish it wasn't so clearly made out of spite... Aren't we getting a bit off topic? I thought we were trying to figure out how to replicate OG lube or find replacements for it? What's with the meaningless name calling and taking sides here? So much teen angst in one video. It's actually so gross to watch for people who don't care about any of that.

2. Regarding chyros' original video: The waxing attempt I'm not going to comment about, since I've had different results with mine, but I wonder if there's a way to replicate the original lubricant as he seemed to present at the beginning. Seems like it might be? Not a chemist here but I don't think we should rule out any actual attempts to recreate the original lube, and vice versa with wax.
You want a guide not made out of spite? Watch the original video and/or read the writeup on her website.
The only "taking sides" here are all the smoothbrain retards blindly believing almighty Chyros who made an awful video doing the method completely wrong and subsequently claiming that it not only doesn't work, but that everyone who reported good results is lying. If you got offended by the response video, perfect! That was precisely the intention.

As for replicating the lube, of course there's a way, it just makes literally no sense given how well a little candle and some hot water works.

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 16:26

thousandperfume wrote:
So much teen angst in one video. It's actually so gross to watch for people who don't care about any of that.
I get that you want to be in the next one but I'm not gonna fall for it :}

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 16:41

thousandperfume wrote:
Fully interested in people recreating the original lube - however I doubt it's something that can be done at home. It is a nice idea but it doesn't help anyone *now*.

Jezzuz

20 Oct 2021, 16:42

https://youtu.be/QIkDOc9cIqw

This is the most recent wax video I posted in hopes it would have a higher chance of giving people success. As for the og lube I purchased the ingredients however we still don’t know what ratios of each ingredient was used. But I’ll definitely be testing it out when it arrives

JP!

20 Oct 2021, 16:50

This is my super secret wax lube for bicycle chains. I'll call it JP!'s Super Secret Wax Mod. No need to melt any wax. Just apply a thin layer to specific areas as needed, and wait 24 hours for the stuff to air dry. I believe this stuff uses alcohol as a carrier which then evaporates so not sure of it's suitability for Alps switches. Another possible issue it does contain bits of Tungsten Disulfide nano particles but these are quite heavy and settle to the bottom so I would probably let these particles settle to the bottom of the bottle and transfer some of the fluid to another container. I haven't tested this yet but figured that I would at least share this product. The 4oz bottle is $25 and other retailers online sell it or maybe your local bike shop even carries it.

https://silca.cc/collections/chain-lube ... 6317464674

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 17:13

JP! wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 16:50
This is my super secret wax lube for bicycle chains. I'll call it JP!'s Super Secret Wax Mod. No need to melt any wax. Just apply a thin layer to specific areas as needed, and wait 24 hours for the stuff to air dry. I believe this stuff uses alcohol as a carrier which then evaporates so not sure of it's suitability for Alps switches. Another possible issue it does contain bits of Tungsten Disulfide nano particles but these are quite heavy and settle to the bottom so I would probably let these particles settle to the bottom of the bottle and transfer some of the fluid to another container. I haven't tested this yet but figured that I would at least share this product. The 4oz bottle is $25 and other retailers online sell it or maybe your local bike shop even carries it.

https://silca.cc/collections/chain-lube ... 6317464674
huh, this is super interesting - will have to give this a shot at some point. i am struggling to find enough switches bad enough to need waxing :(

headphone_jack

20 Oct 2021, 18:01

Bike chain lube is a pretty tried and true method. When I started the original Alps lube thread, that was the method of choice at the time, barring RO-59 layers. Interested to try different types though, and alcohol as a carrier for paraffin wax seems very promising for a more consistent application.

wobbled

20 Oct 2021, 18:40

If a decent video was made prior to chyros's then perhaps he would have something more concrete to follow. I'm glad a more detailed video was finally made and perhaps chyros will revisit?
Though seeing as this community is full of irritating little teenagers who get so upset over keyboard switches they start screeching over it, I personally wouldn't bother.
God I miss when this forum was the more mature alternative to geekhack.

Muirium
µ

20 Oct 2021, 18:44

wobbled wrote:
God I miss when this forum was the more mature alternative to geekhack.
It mostly still is. Just give this thread a miss. It’s real special. ;)

headphone_jack

20 Oct 2021, 18:54

wobbled wrote:
If a decent video was made prior to chyros's then perhaps he would have something more concrete to follow.
I followed Kuritakey's video to a tee and got excellent results. If Chyros (who will never revisit this after being called out, lets be real) didn't divulge from the method so much then I'm sure he would have had the same results as well. I think the problem with this forum isn't the "screechy teenagers" (who had the balls to actually call out his mistakes), it's the old boomers that think big figures are infallible and assume that they know what they're talking about, and instantly jump to their defense the second discourse starts up. And if you hate the """new Deskthority""" so much, then you can get right up and go on over to Geekhack and screech at endless ICs.

wobbled

20 Oct 2021, 19:11

headphone_jack wrote:
wobbled wrote:
If a decent video was made prior to chyros's then perhaps he would have something more concrete to follow.
I followed Kuritakey's video to a tee and got excellent results. If Chyros (who will never revisit this after being called out, lets be real) didn't divulge from the method so much then I'm sure he would have had the same results as well. I think the problem with this forum isn't the "screechy teenagers" (who had the balls to actually call out his mistakes), it's the old boomers that think big figures are infallible and assume that they know what they're talking about, and instantly jump to their defense the second discourse starts up. And if you hate the """new Deskthority""" so much, then you can get right up and go on over to Geekhack and screech at endless ICs.
More than 3 minutes should've gone into the original video to show off this new alternative to lubrication of alps, especially if this method is as groundbreaking as it appears.

I dont use alps switches, I sold my dc 2014 years ago so I'm not going to disregard this method like chyros has as I can't attempt it myself and I won't take someone's word for it, but the fact remains that the initial video and 'full write up' lacked detail making the following of the tutorial open to mistakes.
Had it been perfect there wouldn't be new videos on the process, and there wouldn't be comments in chyros's video admitting to 'not explaining things well enough' in the original video.
Teenagers or teenage-like attitudes are definitely the problem here, you can quite easily tell someone they're wrong without coming across as a bit of an ass. Time will tell if this method works, not chyros's video.

Also I'm not sure anyone likes the state of Deskthority at the moment, and I'm fairly sure that includes you? I've been here a while and won't be going anywhere, but that doesn't mean I won't rant about shit that I find ridiculous.

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 19:45

wobbled wrote:

I dont use alps switches, I sold my dc 2014 years ago so I'm not going to disregard this method like chyros has as I can't attempt it myself and I won't take someone's word for it, but the fact remains that the initial video and 'full write up' lacked detail making the following of the tutorial open to mistakes.
you know there's this thing that happens when you discover a new method called "figuring it out" right? like, i suppose i'm sorry for trying to tell people about the discovery when i didn't know about all the details? that video was my first attempt at editing something for public consumption, and i'd discovered the method like three days before, but fuck me for not making something 100% perfect first time, i guess. the fact remains that i have been active on the comments on the original video, and in multiple places online answering questions if anyone had them, chyros had those avenues open to him and actively chose not to use them.

also, not gonna apologise for taking glee in having proof of being correct when people smugly talk out of their arse about a method they haven't even tried. you seem to think i have responded in the way that i have because i'm personally offended, but in fact i am setting people straight in public with the derision they deserve, so that people don't end up being put off trying something that works because someone whose brain is dripping out their nose called it a scam and a fraud while banging on about chemistry in youtube comments.
Last edited by soyuz on 20 Oct 2021, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 19:55

wobbled wrote:
headphone_jack wrote:
wobbled wrote:
More than 3 minutes should've gone into the original video to show off this new alternative to lubrication of alps, especially if this method is as groundbreaking as it appears.

Had it been perfect there wouldn't be new videos on the process, and there wouldn't be comments in chyros's video admitting to 'not explaining things well enough' in the original video.
Teenagers or teenage-like attitudes are definitely the problem here, you can quite easily tell someone they're wrong without coming across as a bit of an ass. Time will tell if this method works, not chyros's video.

Also I'm not sure anyone likes the state of Deskthority at the moment, and I'm fairly sure that includes you? I've been here a while and won't be going anywhere, but that doesn't mean I won't rant about shit that I find ridiculous.
If you don't have any intention of restoring Alps, don't comment

+ ok boomer lmao

fricked

20 Oct 2021, 19:57

what is the best keyboard

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 20:00

fricked wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 19:57
what is the best keyboard
focus 9000

Muirium
µ

20 Oct 2021, 20:07

Hardly. Needs more unicorn vomit.

kelvinhall05

20 Oct 2021, 20:13

Muirium wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 20:07
Hardly. Needs more unicorn vomit.
Got plenty of it already. I can even put animated dicks on my calculator. Can't do that with a beamspring!
cummiesowo.jpg
cummiesowo.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 15081 times

Muirium
µ

20 Oct 2021, 20:19

Oooh, that’s the stuff! That unicorn had a bellyful of Avid for lunch.

wobbled

20 Oct 2021, 20:39

soyuz wrote:
wobbled wrote:

you know there's this thing that happens when you discover a new method called "figuring it out" right? like, i suppose i'm sorry for trying to tell people about the discovery when i didn't know about all the details? that video was my first attempt at editing something for public consumption, and i'd discovered the method like three days before, but fuck me for not making something 100% perfect first time, i guess. the fact remains that i have been active on the comments on the original video, and in multiple places online answering questions if anyone had them, chyros had those avenues open to him and actively chose not to use them.

also, not gonna apologise for taking glee in having proof of being correct when people smugly talk out of their arse about a method they haven't even tried. you seem to think i have responded in the way that i have because i'm personally offended, but in fact i am setting people straight in public with the derision they deserve, so that people don't end up being put off trying something that works because someone whose brain is dripping out their nose called it a scam and a fraud while banging on about chemistry in youtube comments.
So I'm not supposed to give you shit for not getting it right first try, but you can give chyros shit for not doing it right first time?
Just leave.

TNT

20 Oct 2021, 20:40

As much as I hate the general attitude here, I feel the need to write down something longer (compared to my usual short whining). The method clearly works, I think several people made that quite clear. No long time results yet, but transforming absolutely trashed switches into a near perfect state without the need for all those exotic greases/oils? Hell yeah. The original method is easy, that's why shallot's first video on it is so short, it's just a very simple process. Yeah, could have been a little bit more detailed here and there. Maybe. I agree that it was wrong from Chyros to disregard the method like that. It seems he had no trust in it beforehand, seems like he didn't put as much effort in it like he should, we don't really know.

But you know what? I still don't think he deserves all the shit he get's here. Before anyone calls me out for "sucking his dick", yes, the video deserves to be critized. But why don't just keep it at that? "Thomas, I think your wrong on this and your video could have been researched better. I think you should redo it, before more people get the wrong idea about boilwaxing." Why the need for this gigantic shitshow and namecalling? Jezzuz kept it "professional" with his "response" video, in fact with all his responses, why couldn't everyone else? Don't we have more important issues with this forum atm than to escalate this more or less minor issue so far? This thread and the YouTube comment sections are looking like a warzone. I know I've been wailing about it since this thread started, but all of this is so toxic to this community. I've not been here long enough to witness the "golden pioneer times" of DT, but today it feels more than ever like this forum and its community are on a downward spiral. Feels like there's just a bunch "of us" left, so the last thing we need right now is to divide this community further with all that spite and talk about "boomers" who were here before 2019 and the "disrespectful, angsty zoomer teens". First the soarer thread, now this. Like, Jesus, chill the fuck out everybody.
Last edited by TNT on 20 Oct 2021, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

wobbled

20 Oct 2021, 20:43

TNT wrote:
As much as I hate the general attitude here, I feel the need to write down something longer (compared to my usual short whining). The method clearly works, I think several people made that quite clear. No long time results yet, but transforming absolutely trashed switches into a near perfect state without the need for all those exotic greases/oils? Hell yeah. The original method is easy, that's why shallot's first video on it is so short, it's just a very simple process. Yeah, could have been a little bit more detailed here and there. Maybe. I agree that it was wrong from Chyros to disregard the method like that. It seems he had no trust in it beforehand, seems like he didn't put as much effort in it like he should, we don't really know.

But you know what? I still don't think he deserves all the shit he get's here. Before anyone calls me out for "sucking his dick", yes, the video deserves to be critized. But why don't just keep it at that? "Thomas, I think your wrong on this and your video could have been researched better. I think you should redo it, before more people get the wrong idea about boilwaxing." Why the need for this gigantic shitshow and namecalling? Shallot, I really like your content on your blog and your usual videos, into which you clearly put a lot of effort. No exception with Waxboil 2, but I still think you went too far with this one. Jezzuz kept it "professional" with his "response" video, in fact with all his responses, why couldn't you? Don't we have more important issues with this forum atm than to escalate this more or less minor issue so far? This thread and the YouTube comment sections are looking like a warzone. I know I've been wailing about it since this thread started, but all of this is so toxic to this community. I've not been here long enough to witness the "golden pioneer times" of DT, but today it feels more than ever like this forum and its community are on a downward spiral. Feels like there's just a bunch "of us" left, so the last thing we need right now is to divide this community further with all that spite and talk about "boomers" who were here before 2019 and the "disrespectful, angsty zoomer teens". First the soarer thread, now this. Like, Jesus, chill the fuck out everybody.
Well said.

Muirium
µ

20 Oct 2021, 20:47

Aye.

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 20:53

wobbled wrote:
soyuz wrote:
wobbled wrote:

So I'm not supposed to give you shit for not getting it right first try, but you can give chyros shit for not doing it right first time?
Just leave.
have i given chyros any shit in this thread? i pointed out some mistakes. my issue is mostly with the people that went off in his comments.

wobbled

20 Oct 2021, 20:58

soyuz wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 20:53
wobbled wrote:
soyuz wrote:

Just leave.
have i given chyros any shit in this thread? i pointed out some mistakes. my issue is mostly with the people that went off in his comments.
There's been a lot of shit given in this thread (by myself included) & the youtube comment sections - and I'm not overly familiar with who on DT correlates to which youtube account so I'm sorry if I wrongly outed you there. I really just think chyros should be given some slack here, he gains nothing from trying to discredit genuine work and if he did make a mistake in the wax mod process then I'm sure it was exactly that - a mistake.

soyuz

20 Oct 2021, 21:00

TNT wrote:

But you know what? I still don't think he deserves all the shit he get's here. Before anyone calls me out for "sucking his dick", yes, the video deserves to be critized. But why don't just keep it at that? "Thomas, I think your wrong on this and your video could have been researched better. I think you should redo it, before more people get the wrong idea about boilwaxing." Why the need for this gigantic shitshow and namecalling? Shallot, I really like your content on your blog and your usual videos, into which you clearly put a lot of effort. No exception with Waxboil 2, but I still think you went too far with this one. Jezzuz kept it "professional" with his "response" video, in fact with all his responses, why couldn't you? Don't we have more important issues with this forum atm than to escalate this more or less minor issue so far? This thread and the YouTube comment sections are looking like a warzone. I know I've been wailing about it since this thread started, but all of this is so toxic to this community. I've not been here long enough to witness the "golden pioneer times" of DT, but today it feels more than ever like this forum and its community are on a downward spiral. Feels like there's just a bunch "of us" left, so the last thing we need right now is to divide this community further with all that spite and talk about "boomers" who were here before 2019 and the "disrespectful, angsty zoomer teens". First the soarer thread, now this. Like, Jesus, chill the fuck out everybody.
"clueless and ignorant" "flat earther arguing with a real scientist" "stupid method" "stupid prank" "dilettantes", "this army of nincompoops is quite large, bold and vocal with the same conviction of people who claim they were sodomized by aliens."

I wasn't the one who lowered the tone first, but yeah go on it's my fault. If you're gonna tone police people, at least do it equitably.

an_achronism

20 Oct 2021, 21:09

soyuz wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 21:00
"clueless and ignorant" "flat earther arguing with a real scientist" "stupid method" "stupid prank" "dilettantes", "this army of nincompoops is quite large, bold and vocal with the same conviction of people who claim they were sodomized by aliens."

I wasn't the one who lowered the tone first, but yeah go on it's my fault. If you're gonna tone police people, at least do it equitably.
Indeed.

Return to “Keyboards”