Where can you get Topre-compatable springs and domes?

SK-8K

24 Oct 2021, 19:16

I want to try and convert one of the nicer rubber domes like Cherry G83/84 or NMB into a capacitive keyboard, but no one seems to make aftermarket springs. Anyone know someone who makes them, or a manufacturer who can clone them at a reasonable price?

hellothere

24 Oct 2021, 19:26

They're available for the Niz at https://www.nizkeyboard.com/collections ... ccessories. Abko might offer them, but I can't find a link on their Korean-language website.

Muirium
µ

24 Oct 2021, 20:52

Beware their springs though: they’re cylindrical, the equivalent of Topre’s second spring on the spacebar. The ones you need inside the domes, to do the actual capsensing, are conical.

wobbled

24 Oct 2021, 22:03

Let me know if you don't find any conical springs, I have an ass load of them. They're probably all tangled up in each other by now so consider it a free puzzle with any purchase.

hellothere

25 Oct 2021, 00:44

wobbled wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 22:03
Let me know if you don't find any conical springs, I have an ass load of them. They're probably all tangled up in each other by now so consider it a free puzzle with any purchase.
I'm gonna steal this and use it when someone asks me to throw a cable in with a keyboard :D.

Return to “Keyboards”