cherry/gateron brown keyboard under £100 ISO Layout

Muirium
µ

01 Dec 2021, 09:19

You have come to just the right place to be talked out of your stated preferences! How about a budget of 300, a Tenkeyless or (if you can afford it) a sixty percent IBM Model F remake? The Caps Lock may kinda sorta light up if you install the LED yourself. :lol:

vvp

01 Dec 2021, 21:07

Yeah, this forum is mostly about vintage keyboard renovation. The only good keyboards are buckling spring ones :mrgreen:

If it is for gaming you may want to use linear switches (e.g. MX Red). When your fingers learn where the actuation point is then you will be able to press keys repeatedly with higher frequency. But the difference is small. If you are clumsy and unable to learn the actuation point then Browns would be better (you can feel the approximate location of the actuation point easier).

You would be able to game better with a custom keyboard (because of macros and comfort) but that is out of your ₤100 budget.

SK-8K

02 Dec 2021, 19:02

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2021, 14:20

And retro: edit spam it was. Pity there's no one acting on spam reports any more. Go and appoint a few of us already!

The Laptop Lagger

16 Dec 2021, 14:25

It's gotten to the point that I automatically google most posts that get uploaded here to check for a reddit match

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2021, 14:36

Oh brother! :lol:

Something must be done. Should we gather up a posse? Should we get in touch with the absent site owner and see if we can work things out?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Dec 2021, 15:47

Muirium wrote:
[…] Should we get in touch with the absent site owner and see if we can work things out?
Now that’s a brilliant idea :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2021, 15:53

Alright, who wants to join us?

inozenz

Fuck DT lets go NT

raoulduke-esq

16 Dec 2021, 15:57

Muirium wrote:
Oh brother! :lol:

Something must be done. Should we gather up a posse? Should we get in touch with the absent site owner and see if we can work things out?
That has been done numerous times by numerous folks including me and past mods. There is either no response or there are empty promises that aren’t fulfilled. Good luck m8.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2021, 15:59

That's a bugger. I'm guessing it's the price he paid for it (which no, I do not know, but have seen the speculation about). Because all we'd offer is, um, good hands and no coin!
inozenz wrote:
Fuck DT lets go NT
Busy it up a bit over there and I may be tempted. Starting from scratch is hard, though. Tumbleweed is dense.

sharktastica

17 Dec 2021, 09:08

Muirium wrote:
What are they going to do now that they haven't done in over half a year at this point? I can understand that you've been on DT for many years and would hate to see everything go down the drain, I really do. But, there have been too many false promises from the owners and we're just a playground for bots at this point.

Muirium
µ

17 Dec 2021, 09:13

Aye. Sigh.

But have you looked at Nexthority? If you think there's no signal here, have I got a quieter forum for you!

If DT goes under, I'll call it a day too. Not interested in Instagram or Weebo or Geocities or whatever the kids are into this morning. Only real forums.

Return to “Keyboards”