How do I wire Honeywell Micro Switch models 1SW12-R (green plunger) and 1SW52-R (red plunger)?

fixated_on_mks

16 Jan 2022, 22:10

Hi all,

How do I wire Honeywell Micro Switch models 1SW12-R (green plunger) and 1SW52-R (red plunger)?

I would like to make a small, hand wired, macro pad but I am unsure how to wire these up.

I will connect them to an Arduino to do USB HID.

Thanks in advance,

-Chris
Attachments
tempImage9mwuqM.gif
tempImage9mwuqM.gif (2.07 MiB) Viewed 3233 times

jsheradin

16 Jan 2022, 22:55

I think they're the same as 4 pin SD series. Two pins will be for power (+5V DC/GND) and the other two depend on if they're current sink or scan variants.

Current sink variant has two output pins, both change when pressed. Scan variant has one output pin while the other is an output enable; you'll need to tie the enable pin high for the other pin to output when pressed. I'm not sure which variant you have so it might take some testing.

For just a couple switches, I'd put both on an individual Arduino pin and use digitalRead. No need to mess with matrix scanning or anything.

fixated_on_mks

17 Jan 2022, 00:49

Thanks!

How do I tell which pin is for +5V and which pin is ground? I know they are the outside two pins, but which is which?

jsheradin

17 Jan 2022, 01:18

fixated_on_mks wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 00:49
Thanks!

How do I tell which pin is for +5V and which pin is ground? I know they are the outside two pins, but which is which?
There's some good info here. Including a pinout:
Spoiler:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (10.39 KiB) Viewed 3170 times
Looks like there's actually a couple more options for outputs but nothing that would be impossible to use with an Arduino.

fixated_on_mks

17 Jan 2022, 02:12

Thanks!!

Return to “Keyboards”