Problem with my Mechanical Keyboard!!

vvp

17 Jan 2022, 10:27

Rhododendron

17 Jan 2022, 12:09

What is the point of these? I don't understand.

Man from Mars

17 Jan 2022, 12:32

The only "trap" I can see of this specific spammer is in his signature (so DON'T CLICK ANYWHERE IN IT if you see it somehow). Regardless of the metohd they use, the purpose is the same: getting a curious user to click something that shouldn't be clicked.

Muirium
µ

17 Jan 2022, 14:28

It's not for you. It's for Google.

viewtopic.php?p=497787#p497787

Man from Mars

17 Jan 2022, 14:41

Muirium wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:28
It's not for you. It's for Google.

viewtopic.php?p=497787#p497787
Oh, right. Less dangerous for forum users but poisoning "the algorhytm".
Maybe nobody told before but... there should be mods cleaning up this mess ;)
Either this or plan the migration.

hellothere

17 Jan 2022, 14:57

Man from Mars wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:41
Maybe nobody told before but... there should be mods cleaning up this mess ;)
The current owner of Deskthority has locked out the mods. I'd ask to have this comment stickied, because we get these questions quite often, but that would require a mod :|

Man from Mars

17 Jan 2022, 15:13

hellothere wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:57
The current owner of Deskthority has locked out the mods. I'd ask to have this comment stickied, because we get these questions quite often, but that would require a mod :|
I know, although I'm quite new here. I understand the situation is not ideal for genuine users and it's probably going to get worse, due to complete lack of supervision and interest by owners.
That's why I wrote about *planning* a migration: it'd be better to prepare ahead of time and save whatever can be saved (and yes, I've read here and there the problems about copyright of pics and contents), if there is a viable option already available (nexthority, I understood). Better than waking up to a dead web page, IMHO.

hellothere

17 Jan 2022, 15:21

The amount of spam we've been seeing hasn't been enough to make me want to go to another forum. It is a tad annoying that I have to check to see if the poster has a single-digit post count and cross-reference through Google.

My strong recommendation is that, if you find a thread about something you really like, head over to archive.org and archive the page (and send them a dollar/bit of currency, every now and then). I've posted the MediaWiki's official way to download the contents of the Wiki.

A lot of Dekthority's forum contents are mirrored at Geekhack. IIRC, Geekhack is now owned by the folks at Drop/Massdrop.

Return to “Keyboards”