Got the wrong orihalcon's DIN to USB converter

Arto

26 Jan 2022, 19:03

Hello!

I ordered orihalcon's converter from DIN 5 240 degree to USB, but what arrived was a DIN 5 180 degree to USB and of course the guy doesn't hava a care in the world for his customers, so a return isn't an option.
Is there a readily available plug for sale to correct it, or is it DIY time?

The keyboard i am going to use it with is a Terminal IBM Model M from 1987

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2022, 19:14

You bought via eBay? If so: request return. If not: welcome to Dongletown!

USB C sold separately.

Arto

26 Jan 2022, 20:16

Yes i bought trough eBay. I did request return but nothing happened until i got the message that the case had been closed, so I guess I have to live with it. It is now too late anyways.
Either I make my own adapter or buy a correct one from somewhere else.

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2022, 21:12

I’d have kicked up a fuss with PayPal if he didn’t ship the correct item, then refused to set things right with you. Pretty lousy behaviour for an ebayer, let alone the respected Orihalcon. Those two ports aren’t hard to tell apart the moment you try sticking your keyboard into it!

fohat
Elder Messenger

26 Jan 2022, 22:16

Orihalcon has a sterling reputation. Contact him directly, through ebay or here.

Include a picture.

Arto

29 Jan 2022, 02:57

I did contact him through ebay with pictures two times but never got a reply and his reviews where at the time riddled with people saying that he does not answer any messages

hellothere

30 Jan 2022, 03:34

I'd say to give him the standard 3 to 5 working days and then open a return with ebay. I've bought some things and had two questions. He responded to one within a day and didn't at all to the other. I still like what he sells, though.

Weezer

30 Jan 2022, 14:00

The guy is a practicing doctor in my area. I'd assume this is why he doesn't always get back to people. I've bought many things from him and in my experience he's agreeable and would give you the return no problem if you can get ahold of him. My recommendation is to just try again.

Tribal

30 Jan 2022, 14:22

It’s not an excuse, but a lot of people are just overwhelmed right now - work, family, or maybe something like mental health. As was said above, try contacting him again. When someone’s expecting to be yelled at and they get a polite request instead it can be very effective.

And if that doesn’t work, sell it at a loss and buy the one you need from tinkerBOY.

Rayndalf

01 Feb 2022, 05:45

Arto wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:03
of course the guy doesn't hava a care in the world for his customers, so a return isn't an option.
I'd escalate with Ebay. You shouldn't pay such a premium then have to figure out a work around anyway.

Muirium
µ

01 Feb 2022, 10:00

Agreed. He’s the one selling on eBay. His choice to abide by their terms, including, if necessary, a refund.

If he's really too busy IRL to keep up with his eBay, he shouldn't be offering these for sale right now.

mrprofessor

01 Feb 2022, 12:16

I have heard a similar problem somewhere else, he does reply but after weeks. Contacting eBay is your best option now.

-Space-NATO-

01 Feb 2022, 15:44

The same thing happened to me, got no response from him.

Arto

03 Feb 2022, 22:16

i have now decided that i want to keep the converter since i have recently gotten myself an alps keyboard with the same plug as the converter

Palatino

03 Feb 2022, 22:20

Arto wrote:
i have now decided that i want to keep the converter since i have recently gotten myself an alps keyboard with the same plug as the converter
Haha that’s my kind of solution!

fohat
Elder Messenger

03 Feb 2022, 23:14

Arto wrote:

keep the converter since i have recently gotten
Lean too far into the rabbit hole and you will tumble in.

Muirium
µ

03 Feb 2022, 23:17

The true collector also collects his mistakes.

Return to “Keyboards”