Realforce GX1 - new Realforce keyboard! I told you! :)

phinix

07 Mar 2023, 09:15

See, I told you that there was something cooking, why Topre did not do anything with Novatouch or RGB.

They made new one.. "for gaming"...
Realforce GX1
rBbkENYXEGXH8jnQ.jpg
rBbkENYXEGXH8jnQ.jpg (142.75 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
GoiE5C8aEzTaMLyQ.jpg
GoiE5C8aEzTaMLyQ.jpg (361.44 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
dHfIlaJsVqsYctXV.jpg
dHfIlaJsVqsYctXV.jpg (56.51 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
mzdsfwhq2EAuByYB.jpg
mzdsfwhq2EAuByYB.jpg (162.63 KiB) Viewed 2861 times

Muirium
µ

07 Mar 2023, 11:53

When even the glamour shot shows a twisted stem on the right Shift key, you know you’re in for something good…

What mount are these caps, then? Did Topre reach out to KBDfans for them? :lol:

phinix

07 Mar 2023, 12:24

Muirium wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 11:53
When even the glamour shot shows a twisted stem on the right Shift key, you know you’re in for something good…

What mount are these caps, then? Did Topre reach out to KBDfans for them? :lol:
Could be :)
Can't find info on mount, I think it will be mx, same one from RGB version, but not 100% confirmed.

Findecanor

07 Mar 2023, 12:43

I think it is bleeding too much.

inozenz

07 Mar 2023, 12:57

since this looks like a cheaper production and 2 parts for slider and keycap, i say its mx style

phinix

07 Mar 2023, 14:33

For me it looks like Realforce R2 opened up, without top cover, RGB housings and sliders.
I wanted Realforce R1 or R2 style, just with mx sliders. That new thing looks crappy to me.

What are your thoughts guys?

Maledicted

07 Mar 2023, 14:50

That thing's hideous. What even gives it market appeal for gamers? The rainbow vomit? If it has MX sliders and/or is cheaper, it could be appealing.

Never tried really light Topre, but 35g NIZ is almost linear and would be good for gaming.

With every new release I'm just glad I got an 87u.

Here's a link to their propaganda page translated to English.

The case is powder coated steel, it has some automatic adjustment of actuation point (sounds dubious), and it is silenced. No mention of MX cap compatibility.

Riverman

07 Mar 2023, 23:38

That's one ugly keyboard. Realforces have always been somewhat classy, but the floating keycap look ruins it. It is nice that they're silencing it, though, since that was the RGB's biggest issue.

Findecanor

07 Mar 2023, 23:58

Google-translated from the Japanese product page:
Key spacer for quick keystrokes
Two types of integrated key spacers, 2mm thick and 3mm thick, are available as options. By installing an integrated key spacer under the keycap, the return of the keystroke is quicker, enabling faster key input. In addition, by shortening the depth of the key stroke to 2 mm (when a 3 mm thick key spacer is installed) and 3 mm (when a 2 mm thick key spacer is installed), the keystroke feeling changes and the key touch feels like a thin keyboard.
BTW. I hope the backlight stays off until you enable it through software.

depletedvespene

18 Mar 2023, 01:58

Well, we finally have "RINO" keyboards in the hobby.

That thing needs a large logo somewhere highly visible, so its (l)users won't forget this is supposed to be a "Realforce" keyboard, instead of just some other RGB cheapass mech-wannabe keeb.

XR6

18 Mar 2023, 02:08

I'm sure it's nice to use, but to be honest, it looks a bit cheap and generic. This could be any random gaming keyboard off Amazon. Always nice to see a new Realforce though.

Return to “Keyboards”