Keyboard with very specific layout?

felotus

08 Mar 2023, 16:02

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a keyboard that would have a specific keyboard layout (say French) but with the Arabic letters on it (so essentially the Arabic keyboard layout but with the big European Enter key instead of the thin Arabic one

I want something like this:

So far I'm using a non-mechanical keyboard: the Logitech MX, which I have in both French and another version in Arabic, but because of the Arabic's different Enter key, it's completely unusable (and I can't move keys around obviously).

What's my best bet / where can I find an Arabic layout with the European style Enter key / layout ? I don't actually need the keys to have the letters in French as I know them by heart - but what brand would you recommend and what switch?

sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm looking for whatever switch is the less noisy (super important)

Muirium
µ

08 Mar 2023, 16:35

The physical layouts you're talking about—the shape of the keys, rather than the legends printed on them—is a question of ANSI versus ISO.

wiki/ANSI_vs_ISO

Which do you want?

daemonspudguy

15 Mar 2023, 23:40

Based on their opinion on the Arabic layout Logitech MX board, I would guess the OP wants an ISO layout.

depletedvespene

16 Mar 2023, 02:17

This.
This.
yup_th.jpg (130.67 KiB) Viewed 782 times

Return to “Keyboards”