Any experience with this seller ?

guidemetothelight

27 Mar 2023, 14:52

I am thinking about ordering some Buckling Spring Keycaps to spruce up my Model M & F.
Anyone got any experience with the caps from this seller ?
https://www.etsy.com/de-en/shop/DecentK ... 7917510019

based in japan, shipping will be horrific but maybe i´ll find someone who is also based in germany & also wants to buy from him :?:

engr

27 Mar 2023, 16:00

guidemetothelight wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 14:52
based in japan, shipping will be horrific but maybe i´ll find someone who is also based in germany & also wants to buy from him :?:
IDK if his shop description is up to date, but it says that he doesn't ship to EU at all:
At present, Japan Post have a severe trouble with customs clearance of EU. So I cannot ship to EU before Japan Post resolves the trouble, but I don't expect the day comes in several years.

guidemetothelight

28 Mar 2023, 08:05

engr wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 16:00
IDK if his shop description is up to date, but it says that he doesn't ship to EU at all
true , i just saw that. its because of the war in ukraine according to japan post.
very sad, i´ll probably just wait until japan post resolves the issue.

my question stands anyway. i was wondering what the quality of the dye sublimation is. didnt know you could do the process @home without industrial machines. :o

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2023, 11:27

This rather says it all:

Japan to Europe great circle.jpg
Japan to Europe great circle.jpg (13 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Russia's slightly in the way for air freight between Japan and Europe. It dominates the direct route. Indeed, I happened to get something shipped that way just hours before the route was closed completely.
Muirium wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 12:08
Just as the you-know-what was kicking off you-know-where, my parcel from Japan touched down from the long haul flight I suspect it couldn't have made just one day later. Then on Saturday my Hasu HHKB Bluetooth controller arrived at my door.
Typing on it now, as it happens. That was close!

guidemetothelight

28 Mar 2023, 13:47

Muirium wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 11:27
slightly in the way
understatement of the day :lol:

engr

28 Mar 2023, 16:59

guidemetothelight wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 08:05
didnt know you could do the process @home without industrial machines. :o
It's doable with this technique but it's a pretty tedious process. Ideally, you would also have a special printer, ink, and paper (several hundred $), but there are vendors on Etsy who will print images on dye-sub paper for a reasonable price.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Mar 2023, 08:21

engr wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 16:59
[…] there are vendors on Etsy who will print images on dye-sub paper for a reasonable price.
Or directly in Germany: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 4-298-3391

An advantage of a national search is you avoid Etsy's silly translation of "keycap" as "Schlüsselbund" :lol:

guidemetothelight

29 Mar 2023, 11:24

kbdfr wrote:
Or directly in Germany: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 4-298-3391
thanks ! ill think about it, that would just leave the question where i can get blank ibm caps.
the appeal of the seller in japan would be that I dont have to do anything other then waiting a bit.
I have so many projects planned this summer and doing my own dye sub job wasn´t on the list :D
kbdfr wrote:
An advantage of a national search is you avoid Etsy's silly translation of "keycap" as "Schlüsselbund" :lol:
yeah, translations are mostly crap, but since iam an avid ali express user iam used to that.

On another note, what are you guys thinking about this ? Iam trying to find a use for all the single random loose switches and keycaps in my possession and I came up with that:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 2-225-7702

I sourced the USB Modules in 2019 where I worked a factory job after school and there were business cards with integrated USB Sticks that I should have discarded :D

Return to “Keyboards”