I can't use the B,N, and / keys on my keyboard.

martinx71

01 Jul 2012, 15:57

Hi there, I've had my ASK-6600 keyboard for several months now and I've always seemed to deal with this problem. On rare occasion I've had the b,n, and / keys not work for a period of time. I've followed the trace on the pcb and they're all a part of the same trace. I've resoldered the whole thing, which makes the keyboard work for some time but then this issue reoccurs. It's really getting to me now... there's no issue with the switches themselves because I tested them with a multimeter. The fact that resoldering didn't fix anything makes me think that i could have been some sort of software problem or perhaps an issue with the microprocessor... I'm new to this game, has anyone encountered a similar issue?

off

01 Jul 2012, 16:20

Same trace is indeed the first thing I got from your title: what did you resolder? Just the switches themselves (connecting to the pcb)?
1: Revive the trace. Use pencil/coppertape/liquidconductivesilverpen/whatever you have.
2: Screw the trace, hardwire. Use soldering iron and some wire to link the switches to eachother directly (obeying the matrix ofcourse).

Half-Saint

01 Jul 2012, 22:34

off wrote:2: Screw the trace, hardwire. Use soldering iron and some wire to link the switches to eachother directly (obeying the matrix ofcourse).
Just out of curiosity, would this include cutting the existing traces?

off

06 Jul 2012, 11:45

In this case it would indeed, seeing how the trace does work intermittently.
(wouldn't really be needed, but I'm thinking leaving it intact might increase bounce slightly; basically just a feeling though)

Return to “Keyboards”