HPE 87 keyboard

pasph

23 Jan 2013, 14:51

Are the HPE case compatible with Filco Internals and vice versa?

gigibecali

04 Feb 2013, 22:59

good keyboard indeed.I have it at work, white body, vortex ugly and thick pbts on browns. Doesn't do my job on itself though :-)
Now you can get the better quick fire reds across Europe at a better price than qtan's. Reds are very very light. Not really good for programmer's work I think.

gigibecali

19 Feb 2013, 00:47

- HPE caps are a bit thicker than QFR
- on QFR only the spacebar stabilizer is lubed; on HPE all of them
- I think plate is better on QFR (switches fit exactly on QFR; on HPE some of them wobble, at least on one of my HPEs)

realex

19 Feb 2013, 20:57

i just received my keycool 87 pbt which i ordered out of curiosity - i might open it and check out its interiors on the weekend if anyone is interested in the lower end of mech keyboard pricing range. it seems like a very decent board, judging from the first 2 hours of use.

huttala

19 Feb 2013, 22:21

pasph wrote:Are the HPE case compatible with Filco Internals and vice versa?
I want to know this as well, would be awesome with a white case for my phantom!

TDub

20 Feb 2013, 14:05

Mmmh that would be nice. I have a HPE 87 in white and ordered a phantom in the GB. Once I get the Phantom I will definitely give it a try.

huttala

20 Feb 2013, 14:19

TDub wrote:Mmmh that would be nice. I have a HPE 87 in white and ordered a phantom in the GB. Once I get the Phantom I will definitely give it a try.
Are you getting your anytime soon ?
I got mine now, without a case, so would be awesome to know if it fits insite the HPE or not asap. :lol:

TDub

20 Feb 2013, 23:27

huttala wrote:
TDub wrote:Mmmh that would be nice. I have a HPE 87 in white and ordered a phantom in the GB. Once I get the Phantom I will definitely give it a try.
I got mine now, without a case, so would be awesome to know if it fits insite the HPE or not asap. :lol:
Don't know, it gets here whenever the GB at Geekhack comes through. Since they don't seem to have the pcbs in hand yet, it will probably be at least a month until it hits my front door. And that is probably a little to optimistic.

huttala

20 Feb 2013, 23:44

TDub wrote:
huttala wrote:
Don't know, it gets here whenever the GB at Geekhack comes through. Since they don't seem to have the pcbs in hand yet, it will probably be at least a month until it hits my front door. And that is probably a little to optimistic.
Too bad, guess I'll have to go with the safest bet, an PLU-87 instead.

gigibecali

24 Feb 2013, 23:49

realex wrote:i just received my keycool 87 pbt which i ordered out of curiosity - i might open it and check out its interiors on the weekend if anyone is interested in the lower end of mech keyboard pricing range. it seems like a very decent board, judging from the first 2 hours of use.
Hi realex. Please do so. That would be very helpful.
A picture of a keycap upside down. Keycap height. Wobbling... that sort of things.
What do you think it compares quality wise to other brands you had?
Thank you.

Return to “Keyboards”