Question about G80-1501HAD

Biernot

02 Jul 2012, 19:38

I just got my hands on one of these boards (caps shiny as hell :|). Just a simple question:

is it normal that the power LED of the card reader in the upper right corner blinks shortly when toggling caps lock, "rollen" or num lock? Or is this some sort of defect?

This is a bit irritating, but the Keyboard itself works fine, I'm just typing on it.

Thanks...

Maarten

02 Jul 2012, 19:58

Well as long as everything works i dont think you could call it a defect (even if its not supposed to happen). If you are really bothered by it you can always just desolder the led that annoys you (or put a sticker over it lol).

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 20:14

Biernot wrote:I just got my hands on one of these boards (caps shiny as hell :|). Just a simple question:

is it normal that the power LED of the card reader in the upper right corner blinks shortly when toggling caps lock, "rollen" or num lock? Or is this some sort of defect?

This is a bit irritating, but the Keyboard itself works fine, I'm just typing on it.

Thanks...
It's the same on my G80-1501HAD/11

Biernot

02 Jul 2012, 20:50

OK, thanks. I was just curious.

So time to clean it and make it HFD. :mrgreen:

Acanthophis

02 Jul 2012, 20:59

Biernot wrote:So time to clean it and make it HFD.
Doing that right at the moment with my 1501. :D

kint

02 Jul 2012, 21:53

damn hipsters...

just kidding ;)
Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that cherry didn't put the typist switch into the secretary board?
I'ld rather hear the click of blues from across the hall than the doctors drill when lying on the chair... :P

for the record, same thing with my /09 build in I03.
I'ld say it's because the trace for the voltage goes through the soldering point of the KVK LED panel before even entering num, caps or scroll.

Biernot

02 Jul 2012, 22:17

:D

It really sucks that all the "cool" "special" Cherry boards default to MX-Black only.

I thought about converting one of my 2551 HADs to HFD, but getting two LSCDEs for 45€ each just to rip out the springs and stems to make one other board clicky... :shock:

Acanthophis

02 Jul 2012, 22:23

Just buy those donor boards on eBay or eBay Kleinanzeigen.
Much cheaper, you will see ;)

Biernot

07 Jul 2012, 23:13

kint wrote:damn hipsters...
Mine looks the same now. Except I used my poor soldering skills to make the 3 LED keys MX-Blue as well. The soldering points look dilettantish, but for now all 3 do still work. :o I think I will use this board to replace the MX-Black I have at work. I hope my colleague will not complain about the sound, but I guess he will have to live with it. :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”