Truly Ergonomic Reprogramming software

fossala
Elite +1

29 Jul 2012, 19:19

Did they ever release it? I'm looking on there website (I'm bored) and can't find it. They still say on the website it is reprogrammable https://secure.trulyergonomic.com/index ... path=20_69
Does the software come with the keyboard when shipped or are they still playing games?

EDIT: found this in their FAQ
Lying douche bags wrote:Where can I download the application to reprogram the keyboard?

You have the option to simply plug-in the keyboard and use it with the language of your preference without the need to install any additional software.

For those who require special functionality, all keys are reprogrammable, where you have the option to change any required keys for the letters or symbols of your preference. This includes both spacebars where each spacebar can have its own functionality. There are no restrictions of which keys accept accents or special languages.

We are currently working on the application to reprogram the keyboard, once we release it along its operational instructions, we will also release the default firmware. Click here to learn more.

Additionally, the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard includes DIP switches to simplify changing the most common settings without the need to install any software.

hoggy

29 Jul 2012, 19:30

They've made a few changes (including removing the link)
For those who require special functionality, all keys are reprogrammable. This means that you have the option to simply plug-in the keyboard and use it with the language of your preference without the need to install any additional software, or have the option to change any required keys for the letters or symbols of your preference using simple software provided by us (application available soon).

This includes both spacebars where each spacebar can have its own functionality. There are no restrictions of which keys accept accents or special languages. The software also allows choosing from available layouts and templates, then changing required functionality and saving it as a template for later use.

Additionally, the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard includes DIP switches to simplify changing the most common settings without the need to install any software.

They allow, amongst others, for changing key functionality between those required for different Operating Systems or able to reprogram the spacebars differently.

fossala
Elite +1

29 Jul 2012, 19:31

They used to have it quite a few places, I guess it is never coming! I would be asking for my money back for being miss sold an item.

hoggy

29 Jul 2012, 19:41

To be fair to them, I found the quote above elsewhere and assumed it was the piece of text that you were referring to.

The link I mentioned takes you to a page with some pointers about remapping your keyboard with autohotkey (plus a bit more) but nothing about reprogramming the firmware on the keyboard. (https://secure.trulyergonomic.com/index ... ThirdParty)

They could have re-assured their customers with a progress report on the software without too much bother by now.

Personally, I suspect he planned for it to be reprogrammable, but for reasons that probably involve cost or time, degraded the design to dip switches. In other words, I don't see it happening, either.

Return to “Keyboards”