Crazy clickclack prices

Acanthophis

09 Aug 2012, 14:13

dirge wrote:I wish clickclack would make a few thousand and sell them on elitekeyboards. It would make him money and the people that buy 50 thinking they can resell them and fleece others will get burned big.
I wish they would selfexterminate as soon as they are sold over $50 :D

Charlie_Brown_MX

09 Aug 2012, 14:21

dirge wrote:Please don't say things like "market value" it's not stock or anything with real value. It's 20 or so idiots that like keyboards swapping bits of plastic for crazy sums of money.
Gah! It’s *exactly* like the stock market in that respect — all speculation over things that have nominal tangible value. A stock is only worth what it’s worth because people are willing to pay that amount for it; it has no real value in and of itself, except perhaps its accompanying dividend (if it even offers one). In that respect, stocks are almost *exactly* the same as a Clacks: driven up in price only because of speculation and a willingness to pay insane prices by parties involved.

Soarer

09 Aug 2012, 14:22

dirge wrote:Please don't say things like "market value" it's not stock or anything with real value. It's 20 or so idiots that like keyboards swapping bits of plastic for crazy sums of money.
Err, since when did shares have real value?! In fact, the comparison is apt - the price of an illiquid stock can be very volatile. And that's my point - the best way to get to a sane value is to encourage more people to sell them, not less!! Calling them idiots at every opportunity really isn't helping any :roll:
dirge wrote:I wish clickclack would make a few thousand and sell them on elitekeyboards. It would make him money and the people that buy 50 thinking they can resell them and fleece others will get burned big.
People who buy them just to make profit suck.

dirge

09 Aug 2012, 15:39

lol guys, I know that it's a valid comparison. I just don't like it :) Using a term like that kinda helps support the argument that its acceptable practice to charge each other crazy amounts because one sold at a similar price.

I was including myself in the idiot quote :) the community here and at geekhack isn't massive, if everything revolves around trying to get the highest price. It will spread beyond clacks and we'll have scalpers picking up every eBay auction for anything close to interesting. With the sole purpose of reselling at profit.

raptorized

09 Aug 2012, 16:17

is hamza the same hamza from the community? hamza_tm?

longweight
key-bored

09 Aug 2012, 16:24

Where does his name crop up?

raptorized

09 Aug 2012, 16:44

" Q: Hello, I just wanted to find out when you would be able to ship the USA, and about how long do you think it would take? Thanks for your time
A: Hi, I could ship it as early as tomorrow, and the Royal Mail claims that the delivery will take 4-5 days. If you would like to pay for express that is also possible. Regards, Hamza"

Acanthophis

09 Aug 2012, 16:47

Well, hamza_tm is from the UK, so could be the same guy.
Is he selling them at that prices on eBay? I don't know how I should feel about this...

longweight
key-bored

09 Aug 2012, 16:56

Ah well it could be, I won't say anything until that is cleared up.

Soarer

09 Aug 2012, 18:38

I should stick my candycorn cursors on ebay, just to troll you guys :P

dirge

09 Aug 2012, 19:15

Soarer wrote:I should stick my candycorn cursors on ebay, just to troll you guys :P
I'm ashamed to say I'd probably bid! Or I'd swap you for an old cherry board that's here waiting to be posted but I'm just too lazy!

longweight
key-bored

09 Aug 2012, 19:54

Soarer wrote:I should stick my candycorn cursors on ebay, just to troll you guys :P
MX or Topre? :D I'd give you $400 for them if they were Topre :P

Soarer

09 Aug 2012, 21:04

longweight wrote:
MX or Topre? :D I'd give you $400 for them if they were Topre :P
MX... did he make Topre versions of them? I can't remember...

longweight
key-bored

09 Aug 2012, 21:05

Oh sweet Jesus if he did!

Soarer

09 Aug 2012, 21:07

Ah! :lol:

I love 'em. They are not for sale! But I don't think I've seen any sold since; god knows what they might sell for :roll:

longweight
key-bored

09 Aug 2012, 21:09

I have one candy corn and I love it, I probably won't ever sell any of my clacks as I use them all on my HHKB :D

Soarer

09 Aug 2012, 21:18

This is getting silly... :lol:
k1clacked.jpg
k1clacked.jpg (377.74 KiB) Viewed 4642 times

jcrouse

10 Aug 2012, 02:09

The salute is nice. I was on the site in time, got three others, and saw it. On my shitty laptop screen at work the blue looked black, like the tri-color, which I have, so I passed on it. Time to replace the freaking laptop.

Gameaholic

10 Aug 2012, 08:59

I've been trying to get my first CC. I was outbid 2x now. I think people should be happy with a %350 markup so I won't pay more than $65. That'll teach me to be asleep when the e-mail notification comes. I just won't sleep for a few months until the next sale.

dirge

10 Aug 2012, 09:04

Soarer wrote:This is getting silly... :lol:
k1clacked.jpg
That's not silly, its UK ISO layout!
But boards can look busy fast. That's about 2 grand you're typing on!

longweight
key-bored

10 Aug 2012, 12:37

dirge wrote:
Soarer wrote:This is getting silly... :lol:
k1clacked.jpg
That's not silly, its UK ISO layout!
But boards can look busy fast. That's about 2 grand you're typing on!
Why 2 grand?!

PointyFox

11 Aug 2012, 04:19

Soarer wrote:
Err, since when did shares have real value?! In fact, the comparison is apt - the price of an illiquid stock can be very volatile. And that's my point - the best way to get to a sane value is to encourage more people to sell them, not less!! Calling them idiots at every opportunity really isn't helping any :roll:
People who buy them just to make profit suck.
elitekeyboards is already charging 6000% markup.

tinnie

22 Aug 2013, 17:34

The price is keep being crazy or crazier. 400 USD for a clack? hmm no thanks.
Attachments
heh.JPG
heh.JPG (126.99 KiB) Viewed 4463 times

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

23 Aug 2013, 13:22

Those clacks will bring those buyers much guaranteed happiness. You are the crazies ones for not buying. Fools!

Until the moment you realize that you just dropped a couple hundred on a piece of plastic with no functionality and marginal artistic value.

Muirium
µ

23 Aug 2013, 19:15

Speculation isn't about what something is worth. It's about what the next guy will pay for it.

Which will be dramatically less once these are being made elsewhere…

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

23 Aug 2013, 21:58

For some reason, I seriously thought these things were about the actual value to the buyer. Now that you mention speculation, it all makes sense to me now.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

24 Aug 2013, 03:21

I just wonder what everyone does for a living:) I think its also people trying to complete their collection and some clickclacks are rarer than other. For instance the Oktoberfest ones will not go as high unless they become fashionable because there are more of them, including the Torpe one I have.

litster

24 Aug 2013, 04:53

I have a bunch I can sell for good money. I don't even like those CC caps, I never use them. But I am too lazy to sell them.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

24 Aug 2013, 06:06

litster wrote:I have a bunch I can sell for good money. I don't even like those CC caps, I never use them. But I am too lazy to sell them.
So the possibly large sums of money doesn't overcome the laziness? Now I'm wondering what you do for a living :lol: j/k

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2013, 09:02

litster wrote:I don't even like those CC caps, I never use them.
Speculator! :twisted:

Return to “Keyboards”