Noppoo warranty

arcanius

14 Mar 2011, 05:34

If one buys a Noppoo from Taobao w/ Obook, and the board is DOA, or has chattering, what can one do about it? Other than soldering a switch for chattering, can something be done if it has other problems? Is there any realistic form of getting the thing fixed? Has anybody had any problems with the Choc Mini?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Mar 2011, 14:46

Realistically, it probably is cheaper to buy another one than to have this one sent back to China and talk your buying agent into the struggle of swapping it, then sending it back.

Julle

14 Mar 2011, 19:08

I have had mine for about a month now, and it has proved to be very reliable. I have lugged this board with me in a backpack in extreme weather conditions such as freezing temperatures reaching minus 30 centigrade and very humid conditions, and the board seems to accommodate very well. I have had no problems whatsoever. I like the Choc mini very much, great value for the money, and, disregarding the Fn key placement, a great layout as well.
Just remember that the current revision of Noppoo Choc Mini is not Mac compatible.

ripster

14 Mar 2011, 21:01

Guy at geekhack is having cable problems. Oh Poo.

Julle

14 Mar 2011, 21:07

The cable is easily replaceable as it isn't soldered on but rather has a standard connector inside.

Why are you using someone else's avatar? Was "nmd" just a troll account of yours?

ripster

15 Mar 2011, 02:15

Sounds good. I'm sure everybody keeps spare keyboards cables around just to poo around.

Who's nmd? Somebody here complained about my last avatar so I just grabbed one off my hard drive.

Jeez. Can't satisfy you guys.
Attachments
bikini avatar.jpg
bikini avatar.jpg (4.55 KiB) Viewed 4792 times

IanM

15 Mar 2011, 02:47

You need pencils to complete the look, it's less offensive that way:

Julle

15 Mar 2011, 05:39

ripster wrote:Sounds good. I'm sure everybody keeps spare keyboards cables around just to poo around.

Who's nmd? Somebody here complained about my last avatar so I just grabbed one off my hard drive.

Jeez. Can't satisfy you guys.
Nmd is a Geekhack member and the person that's in your avatar.

lucidlts

15 Mar 2011, 10:22

noppoo choc mini? the one with USB NKRO?
mine doesnt seems to have any problem :)
it's better for u to contact the seller

Evil_Spork

15 Mar 2011, 20:15

I'm the one who thinks it's the cable. I've actually sent three emails to Obook, and 5 to Noppoo themselves.
All the Noppoo emails have bounced back as undeliverable, and Obook is not replying to my emails.

I fear the very poor soldering on my boards controller are to blame for the failure. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm out $125 that I wish I had to spend on a Leopold. Good timing for me ordering a Noppoo like 11 days before the Leopolds show up for less than my "budget" keyboard. /cry

Evil_Spork

16 Mar 2011, 03:10

I tested the cable with a multimeter and the result: the green wire does not make a connection!
As a note: I know the connector is not fully connected, and that is not part of the problem. I disconnected it completely to test.

The controller has some somewhat questionable solders. It seems most/all of the bad solders are pins that don't seem to be connected.

A couple more questionable spots:

ripster

16 Mar 2011, 03:27

Uh oh. Reminds me of the Scorpius M10.

lucidlts

16 Mar 2011, 05:56

looks really nasty D:
i wonder how they manage to get through the quality control ?

woody
Count Troller

16 Mar 2011, 10:53

QC? You joking.

That's a lot of poo.

lucidlts

16 Mar 2011, 20:48

mine looks just fine. D:

runeazn

16 Mar 2011, 21:01

hmm seems handmade be proud XD

srsly.. i would resolder it,

Evil_Spork

16 Mar 2011, 22:00

runeazn wrote:hmm seems handmade be proud XD

srsly.. i would resolder it,
Resolder those tiny tiny little legs? :?

Return to “Keyboards”