Roccat Isku (yet another gaming rubberdome)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Mar 2011, 17:24

Saw this in the news on OTD today:

It was apparently now displayed at the CEBIT. In the end its another generic gaming rubberdome with silly functions and the generic "zomg hardcore gamer" look. It also features hardware macro recording, which is where I have to give some props to Roccat for at least some type of innovation again. The "Roccat Talk" protocol is something new that lets the keyboard and mouse communicate between each other and interchange functions and macros on a hardware level. At least that is something new.

Couldn't find any more info on this in English, besides this one single hilarious English trailer:
I wish I had a voice like that too. Even the keyboard itself speaks in a hilarious badass voice.
Seems these guys only speak German. Not a single English Cebit video to be found.
Didn't think this was worth posting in the news section, so here it is in a generic topic.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Mar 2011, 17:29

...oh and 100 HZ POLLING!!!!!!!!!

gorb

17 Mar 2011, 17:34

I never liked the name Roccat.

Pylon

17 Mar 2011, 17:49

Sounds like lolcat with a heavy (stereotypical) Asian accent.

ben

17 Mar 2011, 20:22

Hey now...
Team Roccat
Team Roccat
TeamRocketAnime.png (50.63 KiB) Viewed 6858 times

RiGS

17 Mar 2011, 20:33

Roccat trailer are hilarious generarally.

Topre Enthusiast

18 Mar 2011, 07:27

I'll never understand the gigantic Lamborghini Countach style palm wrests and angles they use on these gaming boards.

hoggy

18 Mar 2011, 07:32

Bless.

IanM

18 Mar 2011, 07:47

sixty wrote:It was apparently now displayed at the CEBIT. In the end its another generic gaming rubberdome with silly functions and the generic "zomg hardcore gamer" look. It also features hardware macro recording
Well the macro recording is hardly new, and neither are the thumb keys - although both are great features for a gaming keyboard.
sixty wrote:Seems these guys only speak German. Not a single English Cebit video to be found.
Not entirely surprising, these guys are really Speedlink, who are a German brand. No doubt the English spiel will follow shortly.
002 wrote:I'll never understand the gigantic Lamborghini Countach style palm wrests and angles they use on these gaming boards.
but it looks good to prepubescent boys and the ricers who buy into this crap. I suppose the people behind Roccat should be congratulated for their marketing skills.

British

18 Mar 2011, 16:13

Rubberdome ?

Damn, and I've been tricked into thinking this sub-forum was actually about keyboards :roll:
Last edited by British on 21 Mar 2011, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmeh

18 Mar 2011, 17:14

It's intresting that they use finnish names in their products, even though the company is german

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Mar 2011, 17:34

What does Isku mean?

Jimmeh

18 Mar 2011, 17:43

Jimmeh wrote:It's intresting that they use finnish names in their products, even though the company is german
The straight translation would be close to 'strike' or 'blow' or 'attack', the word has got many meanings ;)

lucidlts

18 Mar 2011, 18:01

never tried a Roccat keyboard before but Kave sounds pretty good especially in FPS (tried it during a local digital expo a month ago)

Seriously

18 Mar 2011, 18:06

This talk about gaming and rubberdome just make me want to make the Rubberdome Arena. Have contestants duke it out whilst bouncing around in a rubber fighting ring.

Brian8bit

18 Mar 2011, 18:08

The angular shape of the keyboard helps it cut through the air as you frag noobs and increases your FPS by 20. Everything else on it is a useless gimmick including the macro shit. PROTIP! In competition, you're not allowed to use macros. So however leet you think you are with your macros, there's a South Korean Star Craft II player that does it three times faster just by looking at his keyboard.

keyb_gr

19 Mar 2011, 00:00

IanM wrote:
sixty wrote:Seems these guys only speak German. Not a single English Cebit video to be found.
Not entirely surprising, these guys are really Speedlink, who are a German brand.
...known for craptacular cheap peripherals. With a reputation like that, I would have launched a separate gaming brand, too!

xis

19 Mar 2011, 00:11

Pylon wrote:Sounds like lolcat with a heavy (stereotypical) Asian accent.
i LOLed

runeazn

19 Mar 2011, 00:31

Roccat ISKU
ROCCAT ISKUH
ROCCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT IS COOL

Topre Enthusiast

19 Mar 2011, 01:05

runeazn wrote:Roccat ISKU
ROCCAT ISKUH
ROCCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT IS COOL

Arrgghhh - cannot unhear!

Ekaros

19 Mar 2011, 01:25

Yeah, I find it strange they ended up using Finnish words in product names... Hmm, so more crap at market... Not like there isn't room with Logitech...

lucidlts

19 Mar 2011, 05:44

runeazn wrote:Roccat ISKU
ROCCAT ISKUH
ROCCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT ISKUHL
LOLCAT IS COOL
LOLCAT IZ KOOL.

CephalicCarnage

19 Mar 2011, 06:35

zomg must haves the lolcat iz kool keyboard!

Will I win if I buy this?

lucidlts

19 Mar 2011, 07:01

u can try :P
cant guarantee it though

paat

19 Mar 2011, 09:59

I tested the Roccat Isku yesterday in a local electronic market. And what can i say? It is bad typing-feeling really spongy. And the keycaps seems to be very cheap. There definitely better rubber dome keyboards on the market. The background lightning is very close to a G11 from Logitech. To the other functions like marcro-recording and Roccat Talk i doesnt have any infos
Beside from that i also tested the new Nintendo 3Ds and it impressed me. Nice 3d-effect but i think on the long run you'll wreck your eyes :O

Return to “Keyboards”