Calling webwit!

xsphat

02 Nov 2012, 19:37

I'm back in the keyboard scene and went to GH. they had almost everything I wanted, except no webwit, so here I am!

I know you think I'm less than cool or whatever, but what can I say, I missed you, buddy! Anyone who bans ripster is cool in my book!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and that I am here.

And webwit, this is your place, huh? I've lurked here a little since my keyboard lust returned. I hope all is well with you, and I hope you are still just as opinionated (and willing to share said opinions) as I remember you to be.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Nov 2012, 19:53

fossala
Elite +1

02 Nov 2012, 19:54

He just posted on GH with an old account saying he is back.

xsphat

02 Nov 2012, 19:55

OMG, dude, use any stalker means to prove I'm xsphat. But nice ripster-esque pic!

xsphat

02 Nov 2012, 19:56

See, webwit, it's me, back in your life again!

itlnstln

05 Nov 2012, 16:02

The band's back together.

Let the fun begin.

Input Nirvana

06 Nov 2012, 03:15

Holy shit! I've been waiting for this day. It's effectively BIN (Before Input Nirvana)

How long has it been in dog years?

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 03:32

Hey itlnstln, how you been?

itlnstln

06 Nov 2012, 15:03

xsphat wrote:Hey itlnstln, how you been?
Great! How 'bout you? I've been a little quiet on the keyboard scene these days. I'm long gone from GH, and I mainly lurk around here. So many knowledgeable folks here that I really don't feel compelled to post much. It's good to see you back in the scene.

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 21:17

Good to see you're still in it. What are you rockin' now for your daily driver?

itlnstln

06 Nov 2012, 21:46

I have a white Filco 104 with browns. After trying just about everything, I went back to the Filco. It's solid, it looks nice, and it puts letters on the screen. I couldn't ask for anything more. There really hasn't been anything particularly new or interesting in quite some time, so I've gotten a little complacent over time. I come here to check out some of the home-built stuff and whatever cool vintage stuff pops up, but otherwise, I'm on to other things. Life is very busy right now.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Nov 2012, 21:49

itlnstln wrote:The band's back together.
Not yet. We need welly and lammy.

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 21:56

Yeah, I'm with you. I showed up again because it's time for a new and better keyboard. Funny thing is I think I'll end up with a Cherry MX black and a Topre 'board, both tenkeyless, both very similar to keyboards I had and sold on GH or ebay. I hope I learn my lesson this time, since with my next 87U, I will have spent $1300 on Topre and HHKB Pros.

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 21:57

Wow, Welly, that'd be fun to have him obsessing on here, just like old times.

fossala
Elite +1

06 Nov 2012, 21:59

xsphat wrote:Wow, Welly, that'd be fun to have him obsessing on here, just like old times.
Didn't he get in big trouble, as in criminal trouble?

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 22:17

no clue, but do tell. he didn't seem the type.

fossala
Elite +1

06 Nov 2012, 22:21

xsphat wrote:no clue, but do tell. he didn't seem the type.
Just tried to do a quick search, couldn't find anything. Fairly sure I do remember reading something about it though. Maybe an old school member could help.

hoggy

06 Nov 2012, 22:36

I have a vague memory of him selling his silenced endurapro, but not much else.

Ah, from memory, he went back to rubber domes and seemed to be fed up with the abuse we gave him for it - but I might be misremembering.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Nov 2012, 22:38

I also remember there was... something going on, but not the specifics.

xsphat

06 Nov 2012, 23:01

Oh well, i have his email addy, maybe i'll ask him if they have internet in prison.

Its neen a while, i cant even remember what we fought over, webwit. I just remember it was fun, lol. And i still have those key magnets you sent me years ago. They're on my refridgerator right now, actually.

itlnstln

07 Nov 2012, 15:55

fossala wrote:
xsphat wrote:Wow, Welly, that'd be fun to have him obsessing on here, just like old times.
Didn't he get in big trouble, as in criminal trouble?
No, that was joke.

xsphat

07 Nov 2012, 20:24

Dammit! I was envisioning him dampening the supports on his bunk in prison.

JBert

07 Nov 2012, 21:34

What is this thread doing in the "Keyboards" section?

Oh, and welcome, have fun.

xsphat

08 Nov 2012, 01:28

new here, my bad.

Return to “Keyboards”