Measures and weight thread?

madmalkav

26 Nov 2012, 10:45

People, what do you think of making a thread with measures and weights of different keyboards, both boxed and unboxed, so you can help us poor europeans that have to look for proxies and be careful with shipping prices ?

I'm currently looking the dimesions and weight of the KBT Race, boxed . Any info about it will be really appreciated.

laffindude

26 Nov 2012, 12:01

Start a wiki page, people will fill in the rest.

As for Race. Box = 40.0 x 13.0 x 9.0 cm. Weight = ~750g. /from the manual.

madmalkav

26 Nov 2012, 13:33

Thanks for the info. Good idea on the wiki useage, but won't it be better to just add the info in the page of each keyboard?

Findecanor

26 Nov 2012, 14:12

I sometimes think that it would be nice to get the aggregated data from info boxes in table form so that one could compare specs directly. Just a thought.

bhtooefr

26 Nov 2012, 14:34

MediaWiki supports making a pivot table, so a "Weights and dimensions of keyboards" page could be compiled.

Daniel Beardsmore

27 Nov 2012, 09:05

I've always thought that the data in infoboxes needs to be able to be aggregated into a table or direct lookup. Need to check whether a plugin exists for that.

laffindude

27 Nov 2012, 18:20

Can't you just use a bot for pulling text out of a table and pull it into an aggregate table?

Findecanor

27 Nov 2012, 22:54

Wait a minute... didn't there use to be a thread like proposed in the first post?

hoggy

28 Nov 2012, 07:14

Findecanor wrote:Wait a minute... didn't there use to be a thread like proposed in the first post?
I started something like it a while ago - but this application didn't occur to me. I'll reformat the spreadsheet and make it available in the next few days.

hoggy

30 Nov 2012, 06:08

Return to “Keyboards”