Model M15 RIP in pieces

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 00:13

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-M15-13H66 ... 1118161425

Well i won and for a lot less than i thought i would do.
Really excited about this, wanted one for ages.

will have a review up for it soon, then i will be posting it on to Fossala for him to have a go on. Will be interesting to see if our opinions on it differ.
Attachments
YOUWON.png
YOUWON.png (91.68 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Last edited by RougeRambo on 08 Jan 2013, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mashby

18 Dec 2012, 00:19

Grats RougeRambo! That's an awesome find.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

18 Dec 2012, 00:33

Yes! Great price!

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 00:35

thanks guys!
Really happy with the price i got it for. Me n fossala were speculating it would go for $700-$1000 and id half given up hope.
Last edited by RougeRambo on 18 Dec 2012, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
huttala

18 Dec 2012, 01:17

Awesome board, congrats!

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

18 Dec 2012, 01:40

You know you're a keyboard addict when you pay $405 for an old keyboard and think: great price! :mrgreen:

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 01:49

webwit wrote:You know you're a keyboard addict when you pay $405 for an old keyboard and think: great price! :mrgreen:
I prefer to think of myself as an input device connoisseur, id regard you as the same haha!

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

18 Dec 2012, 02:06

I like the ring of that, would look good on a business card.

User avatar
litster

18 Dec 2012, 02:45

very good price! it helps that there wasn't another person to bid it up for you. congrats.

hoggy

18 Dec 2012, 06:14

Congrats!

User avatar
fossala
Elite +1

18 Dec 2012, 08:32

Congrats. I wondered if you won this, it was the first thing I checked when I got on the PC this morning.

User avatar
Jim66

18 Dec 2012, 09:21

Great price!; Congrats!

Linkas

18 Dec 2012, 10:13

Looking forward for photos. Congrats

User avatar
FJ_Sanchez

18 Dec 2012, 11:08

Didn't know that, it's cool but really overpriced for my budget :p

Waiting to hear more about it.

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 12:53

fossala wrote:Congrats. I wondered if you won this, it was the first thing I checked when I got on the PC this morning.
ty all, haha its nice that you're excited fossala!
hopefully it will arrive before christmas and i can put it under the tree :)

User avatar
fossala
Elite +1

18 Dec 2012, 13:33

I doubt it will do. Things from USA using the same shipping is taking around 3 weeks at the moment. That is including customs time.

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 14:41

fossala wrote:I doubt it will do. Things from USA using the same shipping is taking around 3 weeks at the moment. That is including customs time.
:'( ive asked him to send it tracked with proof of postage, so at least i should know its where abouts.

User avatar
Jim66

18 Dec 2012, 16:23

I think a couple of things worked in your favor with this one. Firstly, everyone is currently skint from xmas. Second, there were two on ebay at the same time (the other was arguable better condition wasn't it?)

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 16:29

Jim66 wrote:I think a couple of things worked in your favor with this one. Firstly, everyone is currently skint from xmas. Second, there were two on ebay at the same time (the other was arguable better condition wasn't it?)
yeah it was supposedly in better nick, but had a very high starting bid and didnt sell in the end. also im a stingy bastard so dont spend much at Christmas :P . i dont like feeling obliged to give gifts. If i see something someone would love i will get it for them, if not i will just do cards.

but yeah i got lucky :)

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

18 Dec 2012, 16:34

Can make a big difference in feel, but if it's overused you can replace the switches with new ones from Unicomp.

RougeRambo

18 Dec 2012, 17:56

webwit wrote:Can make a big difference in feel, but if it's overused you can replace the switches with new ones from Unicomp.
im open to modding it, will see how it feels.

User avatar
phetto
Elite

18 Dec 2012, 18:53

Very nice my friend, I hope you will be satisfied with this beauty. :D

tipo33

18 Dec 2012, 21:08

WOW. congradulations. The holy grail of the Model M's

bounce

19 Dec 2012, 09:48

i couldnt type on this because im not using the normal 10finger typing :F if i told anyone of such a buy id get a kick in the guts.

User avatar
fossala
Elite +1

19 Dec 2012, 09:51

bounce wrote:if i told anyone of such a buy id get a kick in the guts.
What is wrong with buying expensive things? Pay your bills, make sure your family has everything they need. Have savings. Buy nice things for yourself. What is the point of working if you don't?

RougeRambo

19 Dec 2012, 12:13

bounce wrote:i couldnt type on this because im not using the normal 10finger typing :F if i told anyone of such a buy id get a kick in the guts.
better than spending it on some tacky skull shaped keycaps :P

User avatar
Jim66

19 Dec 2012, 12:24

RougeRambo wrote:better than spending it on some tacky skull shaped keycaps :P
I 100% agree with this!

tipo33

19 Dec 2012, 20:46

Jim66 wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:better than spending it on some tacky skull shaped keycaps :P
I 100% agree with this!
Agreed!

bounce

20 Dec 2012, 00:15

fossala wrote:
bounce wrote:if i told anyone of such a buy id get a kick in the guts.
What is wrong with buying expensive things? Pay your bills, make sure your family has everything they need. Have savings. Buy nice things for yourself. What is the point of working if you don't?
thats because for me this buy is about a full month's salary, as a poor student i had to argue with myself to buy this
used 7G and buy MXblues and risk the modification. :F

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

20 Dec 2012, 00:18

When I was a poor student, we had to eat cooked bark, and we cried ourselves to sleep over dirty, filthy rubber dome keyboards, dreaming of a day we could buy a simple Ducky keyboard.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”