The Oracle Answers

domsch1988

20 Apr 2018, 13:30

Dear Oracle,

i need help on a new Office Keyboard. I want standardish ISO Layout and split plus tenting option.
Four Alternatives have arisen, all of them with potential downsides:

- Kinesis Freestyle 2: Sadly not mechanical. No clue how good the switches are. Cheapest option
- Matis Ergo Pro: Great Layout and i like the switches, but report inline state it's got Problems with repeating keys and stuck space.
- Kinesis Freestyle Edge: I like the cherry option. I don't need LED or Remapability so i'm paying much for things i don't need. Plus US Layout only, which might be a Problem with my German Layout.
- Goldtouch V2: Again, no clue how mushy the key are. Plus it's not fully splitable. But it's cheap(ish).

Are the switches on the Freestyle 2 good enough coming from Cherry browns (i expect a downgrade, but by how much?)? Is the Edge worth double the price if i don't need half it's features?
And what is the state on hardware/firmware Problems on the Matias? It would be perfect apart from those issues.

Help me, Oracle, which one shoul i get?

ViXoZuDo

03 May 2018, 00:54

Dear Oracle,

I'm looking for a nice mechanical numpad with red or silver switch, RGB and long "+" layout.

Looking around, I only find the Mistel MD200 and custom ones... do you know any other brand or model I could use that have those requirements? If I have to go the custom route, which one is the best one I should afford?

heymark

30 Oct 2018, 07:49

how to type numlock on cherry 2550?
20181029_182116.jpg
20181029_182116.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1507 times

Myoth

06 Nov 2018, 22:05

Press Num Rollen ?

Return to “Keyboards”