quickfire rapid + power drill through plate

RGB leds from lighthouseleds.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO43n_vralY

Thanks for watching... :)

sordna

05 Feb 2013, 05:22

RGB fast auto LED ?
http://lighthouseleds.com/5mm-led-red-g ... -fast.html

Cool idea. BTW my keyboard has a buzzer when I hit caps lock, so I don't even have to look :-)
It goes buzz-buzz! From the factory actually (keyboard is Kinesis Advantage) but can be turned off.

tp4tissue

05 Feb 2013, 05:52

That's the stuff... 3mm one.. :)

RC-1140

05 Feb 2013, 22:38

These are for wimps.

Only 4pin 5mm RGB LEDs deserve the name!

Though they can't be put into Cherry switches easily.

Now I'm wondering what happens if one tries to dim one of these automatic ones by PWM.

Do keyboards dim the LEDs by PWM? I would guess so. Anybody here who knows about this?

Anyway, I guess for the purpose of noticing that Caps lock is on it would be too slow for me. That's just my opinion though. If you're happy, then why not!

tp4tissue

05 Feb 2013, 22:59

RC-1140 wrote:These are for wimps.

Only 4pin 5mm RGB LEDs deserve the name!

Though they can't be put into Cherry switches easily.

Now I'm wondering what happens if one tries to dim one of these automatic ones by PWM.

Do keyboards dim the LEDs by PWM? I would guess so. Anybody here who knows about this?

Anyway, I guess for the purpose of noticing that Caps lock is on it would be too slow for me. That's just my opinion though. If you're happy, then why not!
:lol: :lol:

And only Ferraris are cars, all those fords and gms, totally not cars, they got 4 wheels but amounts not to a car :roll:

RC-1140

05 Feb 2013, 23:21

Well, in application I wouldn't consider a color changing LED to be a RGB LED. In application it doesn't matter which colors are being mixed to achieve the effect of a changing color.

With four pin LEDs though you control the color channels seperately, which is why I see the need to name all three channels.

Also, the Ferrari would rather be RGBW LEDs, which have an additional White channel.

But I'm tired, and I tend to write stange messages when I'm tired.

Return to “Keyboards”