06 Feb 2013, 14:04

Attachments
bsp2.JPG
bsp2.JPG (37.7 KiB) Viewed 10713 times
bsp.JPG
bsp.JPG (31.21 KiB) Viewed 10713 times

fruktstund

06 Feb 2013, 14:15

That font and some of those legends look a lot like Cherry's, and those keys look a lot like PBT, and those legends look too sharp and dark to be lasered. Now this is interesting.

Don't know if I'd be able to trust a corporation which uses a small SWF with a Comic Sans font in their sidebar though... :lol:

IvanIvanovich

06 Feb 2013, 17:05

Cherry told me about these guys the same time they told me about GMK, and I added them to the keycap manufacturer resource thread over at GH the same time. My initial query with them was high moq and quite expensive so I didn't pursue anything more.
I have a feeling they are the maker of the famous Desko RGB sets too.

rodtang

06 Feb 2013, 17:12

lysol wrote:Cherry told me about these guys the same time they told me about GMK, and I added them to the keycap manufacturer resource thread over at GH the same time. My initial query with them was high moq and quite expensive so I didn't pursue anything more.
Soo... they have the cherry dyesub equipment?

mintberryminuscrunch

06 Feb 2013, 18:08

looks like it

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Feb 2013, 18:12

lysol wrote:Cherry told me about these guys the same time they told me about GMK, and I added them to the keycap manufacturer resource thread over at GH the same time. My initial query with them was high moq and quite expensive so I didn't pursue anything more.
Probably they are like GMK, in that they don't want to deal with end users/buyers, but with shops.

dirge

06 Feb 2013, 18:20

webwit wrote: Probably they are like GMK, in that they don't want to deal with end users/buyers, but with shops.
Our money's as good as anyones... grrrrr

But they do look very interesting! If we can get dyesub pbt with cherry legends well.. happy days!

damorgue

06 Feb 2013, 18:23

They don't look much like Cherry profile to me though. The corners have fairly constant radii, whilst Chery's radii changes to a sharp edge at the bottom. The pic is a bit blurry though, so I could be wrong.

dirge

06 Feb 2013, 18:26

"Customized keycaps from BSP are essential to mission-critical operations like those performed at the Copenhagen Airport Control Tower."

Knowing that I suspect planes may crash due to missing keyboards...

IvanIvanovich

06 Feb 2013, 19:00

They are defineatly Cherry profile key, here is a better photo by reaper

dirge

06 Feb 2013, 19:17

That does look like dyesub pbt to me. Surprised there's not more noise around them. Was the order quantity that high?

guilleguillaume

06 Feb 2013, 19:56

I talked just yesterday about that with Lysol. Don't really know why people didn't pay attention to BSP Europe when someone brought the info at the same time and Lysol already talked about them.

I found the same Taobao sale that you've found tinlong117 and that's the reason why I said to Reaper to show a picture of the bottom over at GH

In case anyone is wondering: Taobao link - 1200CNY

This is the source of the picture showing BSP Europe underneath.

Those keycaps are from a Desko keyboard as you can see here: KBDmania

They'e not the same keys but have the same lettering so I think there must be different models out there and one uses this keycaps Reaper has.

And I got that info thanks to him on What is worth? thread:
urlwolf wrote:I have two deskos, the'elbowglue spos' model...
They have the 'classic' cherry blacks (close in feeling to reds, my favorite switch). They are NIB.
How much are they worth?

I also have a cherry MX 3000 (reds, bought it in China) with doubleshots. I paid a lot for it ~2yrs ago, when reds where rare. I like that it weights next to nothing, and it's very spatious around the arrow cluster, I can rest my hand pinky-side on the space between the arrows and numpad.
That link on GH showed those keyboards at KBDmania and what a coincidence the lettering and layout is the same.

I guess I got lucky with the coincidences and then Reaper confirmed the source of the keycaps coming from a Desko keyboard.

I prefer Dye Sub over double-shot myself.

Also BiNiaRiS has a set too unless is the same one that went to Reaper's hands.:

Last edited by guilleguillaume on 06 Feb 2013, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

RC-1140

06 Feb 2013, 20:07

guilleguillaume wrote: I prefer Dye Sub over double-shot myself.
I couldn't agree more. Dyesubbed PBT feels much smoother to me.

So I'm really interested what will happen about this.

dirge

06 Feb 2013, 20:13

Not the same caps but when I clicked on the link it had "what others have viewed" and .. damn those 1u windows keys are sexy!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=201 ... 8f031b5045

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 18:11

EU multicolour dyesubs
EU multicolour dyesubs
keycap EU3.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 10463 times

fruktstund

12 Feb 2013, 18:14

I love that French ":<". :)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

12 Feb 2013, 18:34

6 color legends on a single dyesub?! Has that ever been done before?

IvanIvanovich

12 Feb 2013, 18:50

Oh those are pretty. Where did you find these multi language set?

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 18:57

lysol wrote:Oh those are pretty. Where did you find these multi language set?
I got that pic from BSP (only pic he had on hand that wasn't already on the website :lol: )

I assume they're a cherry version of the ones they made for the European parliament
http://www.bspeurope.com/multilanguage.html

IvanIvanovich

12 Feb 2013, 19:18

Someone should push hard to get a good price and quantity on those for a groupbuy. Just have that as only option as it should please almost everyone as far as language requirement goes.

telepete

12 Feb 2013, 20:24

lysol wrote:Someone should push hard to get a good price and quantity on those for a groupbuy. Just have that as only option as it should please almost everyone as far as language requirement goes.
^this. A GB with very few options would have a chance to reach a monstrous number for keys this pretty.

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 20:34

lysol wrote:Someone should push hard to get a good price and quantity on those for a groupbuy. Just have that as only option as it should please almost everyone as far as language requirement goes.
"Deep dye sublimation becomes more expensive for each colour to be added"

IvanIvanovich

12 Feb 2013, 20:52

Beh, no not really. Just an excuse to charge more. I had zero price difference with Chinese production dyesub black only or black with green, red, and 2 shades of blue.
Only major problem with Chinese source is they don't have ISO enter keys, and a 'minor' problem of no 1.5 key for modifer either.

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 21:01

lysol wrote:...
I am think they might do each colour one by one whereas the Chinese with newer equipment do them all at once.

IvanIvanovich

12 Feb 2013, 21:04

Maybe if they only have to single color machine and have to keep changing things out and do a lot of manaual work to set the caps in different position for the side print and etc.
How much would it cost per set for thier MOQ?

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 21:16

lysol wrote:How much would it cost per set for thier MOQ?
I will get an answer for how much for a BIG set (200 caps) tomorrow. I didn't ask how much a simple 104/105 101/102 set would be :roll:

Oh and to answer a question that came up in some other thread a while ago: Cherry never made a dyesub 1800.
Last edited by rodtang on 12 Feb 2013, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Grond

12 Feb 2013, 22:10

Multi-language set seems a possible solution so the typical GB problem. However, the way it's done there in the picture, it does not reflect italian layout. I mean, the symbols are all there, but kind of messed up. Probably it's impossible to put all those languages together without modifying the layouts a bit.

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 22:16

Grond wrote:However, the way it's done there in the picture, it does not reflect italian layout..
You'll be glad to know that the 200 I am getting a quote on contain IT caps.

Grond

12 Feb 2013, 22:25

rodtang wrote:
Grond wrote:However, the way it's done there in the picture, it does not reflect italian layout..
You'll be glad to know that the 200 I am getting a quote on contain IT caps.
Great! I'm very curious about the price. :)

rodtang

12 Feb 2013, 22:26

Grond wrote:I'm very curious about the price. :)
We all are. ;)

Return to “Keyboards”