8%
September 28
12%
October 5
12%

Total votes: 26

Findecanor

06 May 2013, 22:55

RC-1140 wrote:I guess if anybody had a way of getting people from Hamburg to there, more people would attend (me included)
The Hamburg-Köln Express looks fast and inexpensive. 18€ one-way Hamburg->Duisburg. Then take another train (or other form of transport) from there.

tipo33

09 May 2013, 21:06

I just found out I may be able to attend this. I am moving to Naples on 27 June. I will try to plan transportation there.

Vax

14 May 2013, 13:47

Findecanor wrote:
RC-1140 wrote:I guess if anybody had a way of getting people from Hamburg to there, more people would attend (me included)
The Hamburg-Köln Express looks fast and inexpensive. 18€ one-way Hamburg->Duisburg. Then take another train (or other form of transport) from there.
There should be enough people travelling through or nearby to Duisburg on their way to Eindhoven. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it this year but when I do I probably got space for 3 people and will be travelling literally through Duisburg.

geekabit

03 Jun 2013, 13:57

Sounds like a great keyboard party. Unfortunately I can't make it on that date because of OHM2013. Maybe next time... There will be pictures on deskthority after the party, right?

Findecanor

03 Jun 2013, 16:18

OHM2013 is for five days, you can't spare an afternoon for the keyboard party or would it take too much time to travel? :(

I will be in Amsterdam a couple of those days, and OHM sounds quite interesting at a glance. Too bad that there are no day passes. BTW, badly designed site where I have to hunt to find the ticket shop...
Edit: It seems that I have to maximize the browser window to see the "Ticket" links. Bah! The statement of "Badly designed site" still holds.

geekabit

03 Jun 2013, 16:30

Findecanor wrote:OHM2013 is for five days, you can't spare an afternoon for the keyboard party or would it take too much time to travel? :(
Once you're there it's hard to leave. There is too little time already to see al the talks you want to see AND have a chat with all the interesting people AND have have a look around for other cool things AND catch some sleep. I have been looking forward to this event since the previous instalment 4 years ago. Also, I'm part of the organisation and not being there is not really an option.
Findecanor wrote: I will be in Amsterdam a couple of those days, and OHM sounds quite interesting at a glance. Too bad that there are no day passes.
If you're there do pay a visit. It's a great place to meet like-minded people and see cool stuff (I might be a bit biassed there). I have noticed the lack of day tickets :(

ne0phyte
Toast.

03 Jun 2013, 16:32

Vax wrote:
Findecanor wrote:
There should be enough people travelling through or nearby to Duisburg on their way to Eindhoven. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it this year but when I do I probably got space for 3 people and will be travelling literally through Duisburg.
That sounds pretty affordable (Hamburg --> Duisburg --> Eindhoven). Hamburg to Duisburg is 18€ and a one-way train ticket from Duisburg to "Eindhoven Beukenlaan" is 20€. So for roughly 60€ I could get to Eindhoven and back home.

But what about a cheap hotel? Any recommendations/hints on that?

JBert

03 Jun 2013, 16:41

Bring your own box. When folded, it shouldn't take too much space on the train.

phetto
Elite

03 Jun 2013, 16:48

Did someone say Amsterdam?
Going to Amsterdam in august :-D

ne0phyte
Toast.

03 Jun 2013, 16:49

JBert wrote:Bring your own box. When folded, it shouldn't take too much space on the train.
Not exactly what I had in mind.

Findecanor

07 Jul 2013, 02:47

Less than a month until the party. :D Which of your keyboards are you going to bring with you, and what other keyboard do you want to try?

Findecanor

19 Jul 2013, 13:37

Two weeks and a day 'til the party now. I'll be leaving for an extended journey in a few days and will not be home until after the party, so I can bring only one keyboard. Is there anything in my meager collection that people want to see?

I am hoping to see and try out:
* Japanese ergonomic keyboards, µTron, older Tron, anything with M-system layout
* Switches I have not tried before: NMB "Space Invader", Omron, IBM Beam spring, Oki, Peerless, IBM Selectric
* People's custom keyboards

CeeSA

19 Jul 2013, 14:31

hmm, I have not much to bring :(

Someone wants to see the Tipro with the trackpoint?

Have we got a starting time? Is there a timetable to visit the keyboard suplliers?
Will Mrs. Interface show up?

Mrinterface

19 Jul 2013, 21:51

All your questions shall be answered next week.... :-)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

19 Jul 2013, 22:47

Will there be a live video feed for non-attendees? With commentary?

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Jul 2013, 23:05

I hope there will be strippers like last time.

Muirium
µ

19 Jul 2013, 23:49

No touching! Only keypullers…

ne0phyte
Toast.

20 Jul 2013, 00:21

I want to come but I still don't know how to get there and where to stay :?

Mrinterface

20 Jul 2013, 13:04

Currently securing our meeting place. When I get the permission, I'll post the address....

CeeSA

21 Jul 2013, 16:19

I hope 7bit bring some Alps and Cherry MX Blue to sell some to me. :)

7bit

24 Jul 2013, 13:04

Alps, yes, but no blues. I can bring greens instead ...
:?

...and some buckling springs ...
:oops:

CeeSA

24 Jul 2013, 14:24

that would be nice :) Whites instead of Greens? ;)

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2013, 16:30

Whites are just the same as greens, only better mannered so they don't make as much noise. They whisper "click" while blues and greens shout it.

What's this about buckling springs, 7bit? Group buy!

ماء

24 Jul 2013, 20:46

Muirium wrote:Whites are just the same as greens, only better mannered so they don't make as much noise. They whisper "click" while blues and greens shout it.

What's this about buckling springs, 7bit? Group buy!
Buckling spring on GB impossible,it seems :? :lol:
better GB mrinterface Try bag switch ;)

7bit

24 Jul 2013, 20:47

ne0phyte wrote:I'd be in for Hamburg -> Eindhoven, too!
We need to find someone with a minbus :D
I can drive via Hamburg and bring your keyboards to the DT party ...
:evilgeek:

Mrinterface

24 Jul 2013, 20:51

Gonna meet the house-keeper of our meeting location tomorrow and discuss details.... It looks like we have a go!

If you want to join on 3 August in Eindhoven, PM me and I'll forward you the meeting place details.

ne0phyte
Toast.

25 Jul 2013, 15:40

7bit wrote:
ne0phyte wrote:I'd be in for Hamburg -> Eindhoven, too!
We need to find someone with a minbus :D
I can drive via Hamburg and bring your keyboards to the DT party ...
:evilgeek:
Are you serious about that? :D
*cough* I'm a keyboard.. so maybe you could bring me to the DT party too ? :lol:

EDIT: I could go by train from Lüneburg to Hannover for 19€. That's on your way to Eindhoven, right?

Findecanor

25 Jul 2013, 23:13

I am bringing a Apple M0118 "Standard Keyboard" with salmon Alps. If someone would bring a keyboard with orange Alps, we could compare them and try to see if there is any real difference between them at all...

Mrinterface

26 Jul 2013, 13:41

Updated OP with day entertainment bits.

Muirium
µ

26 Jul 2013, 13:48

Sounds fantastic! (Probably a bit out of mountainbike range from Scotland though. Blast!)

Return to “Keyboards”