Keyboad like IBM Model M

macharius

26 Mar 2013, 12:46

I just buyed this unidentified brand Keyboard, but it's like IBM Model M, what kind of keyboard is?

i don't have better resolution...

rodtang

26 Mar 2013, 13:52

Rebranded Industrial Model M, nice find.

E TwentyNine

26 Mar 2013, 16:09

Your picture is exactly the same one as this listing on at clickykeyboards but with an added watermark.

You have this keyboard in your hands? Bought it from where? How much?

By the way, the AB logo is Allen Bradley.

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Mar 2013, 16:16

Rare one, nice fins

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Mar 2013, 16:16

Rare one, nice find

macharius

26 Mar 2013, 16:42

seeing this I think I have been cheated ...

E TwentyNine

26 Mar 2013, 16:50

It's possible the seller didn't have a photo and used a "stock" one. Do you have a link to the auction? I tried milanucious (the watermark on the picture) but cannot navigate it too well as I don't speak Spanish.

ne0phyte
Toast.

26 Mar 2013, 17:02

Found this with some google foo :D
http://www.milanuncios.com/otros-compon ... 614844.htm

Not sure if it is the right auction, though.

macharius

26 Mar 2013, 17:06

When I bought it I did not know what it was only that it was similar to the model M, knowing the truth I think is total scam.

€ 10 in the trash.

I hope to cancel the bank transfer tomorrow ...

ne0phyte
Toast.

26 Mar 2013, 17:10

I would try to get in contact with the seller first. Just because he was too lazy to take a pic and the very low chance that he really has THAT keyboard it might still be something interesting.

Daniel Beardsmore

27 Mar 2013, 00:09

If it *is* a working industrial M, €10 is a bargain! The photo is terrible: it's far too yellow — the industrial Ms are grey. Which means that the seller may have mistaken it for a photo of a regular beige M.

That said, still a decent price for an M.

The worrying part is that the seller has neither a digital camera nor a phone with a camera!

macharius

27 Mar 2013, 14:39

The seller sent me the keyboard, so he can not send to me pictures of the real keyboard, what the fuck I get? Only God know...

Will keep you informed

maxmalkav
dye hard

27 Mar 2013, 15:50

I have seen the same picture in two different adverts in Spanish sites about second hand goods. It's a random keyboard picture some people it's using. Once I was asking for real pictures of those supposed mechanical keyboards, the real ones were also mechanical ones, but not so nice like an industrial Model M. If you are dealing with the same guy, it's quite likely you are going to receive something like an Alps or a Futaba board. With a bit of luck, not a total waste of money :)

phirestarter

27 Mar 2013, 16:12

Curious to see what macharius will get in the mail :)

macharius

02 Apr 2013, 19:34

Ok Deskthority, today i recived the keyboard...

At first it was like

But then...

I don't know what the fuck is this shit, nothing found searching SVK-100 model...

rodtang

02 Apr 2013, 19:51

It uses Futaba switches, that thing doesn't even look anything remotely like the picture in the auction...

Compgeke

02 Apr 2013, 21:38

Just curious, did someone paint that keyboard yellow, or is it insanely yellowed?

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Apr 2013, 22:07

A mere €10 for a Futaba?

I want one! :(

I presume this Futaba board pings like nothing on earth?

The marketplace here is hopeless. Nothing but Cherry MX/Topre/IBM. There were a couple of MLs for sale recently, exactly when I wasn't looking :P

phirestarter

02 Apr 2013, 22:26

I've seen a very similar keyboard in some portuguese classifieds, belonging to a Phillips XT computer:

i offered 15€ for the keyboard, but the person will only sell the whole set

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Apr 2013, 23:03

That is possibly white (linear) NBM Hi-Tek ("Space Invader") switches, being Phillips.

macharius

03 Apr 2013, 08:44

Compgeke wrote:Just curious, did someone paint that keyboard yellow, or is it insanely yellowed?
The keyboard has not been painted, it is actually extremely yellowed as you can see... i dont know how i can clean the entire keyboard...
Daniel Beardsmore wrote:I presume this Futaba board pings like nothing on earth?
You fucking right, every time I pressed a keycap seems like someone hit it with a hammer a metal table, my girlfriend has banned this keyboard when she's at home...

Moreover there are several keycaps stucked, I have to find a way to fix it but for now I have no idea. :?: :?:

Daniel Beardsmore

03 Apr 2013, 23:57

macharius wrote:The keyboard has not been painted, it is actually extremely yellowed as you can see... i dont know how i can clean the entire keyboard...
[wiki]Retr0bright[/wiki]?

maxmalkav
dye hard

06 Apr 2013, 01:52

@Daniel, Cherry/Trope/IBM are quite uncommon at the Spanish market (you can find from time to time a Model M with our national layout, that's all). Futabas are not that hard to find, but it requires a bit of effort, I guess many of them have already ended in the trash. The most common mechanical-like thing: Alps and the questionable Acer Alps-like things.

BTW macharius, how does it feels, apart from the noise? I'm curious ..

Return to “Keyboards”